Start by marking “Body 2 Body: A Malaysian Queer Anthology” as Want to Read:
Body 2 Body: A Malaysian Queer Anthology

Body 2 Body: A Malaysian Queer Anthology

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  47 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Body 2 Body: A Malaysian Queer Anthology is the first of its kind: a compilation of original creative writing on the gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transsexuals and transvestites of the country. Long denied a voice in the mainstream, the queers of Malaysia are boldly and fabulously represented in 23 stories, fiction and non-fiction. From coming out to coming home, breaking up ...more
Published August 1st 2009 by Matahari Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Body 2 Body, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Body 2 Body

Elisa Rolle
First of all I would have liked this Anthology even only for the preface, the story how Jerome Kugan and Pang Khee Teik decided, planned and arrived to publish it. It’s at the same time funny and sad, and a stunning picture of the LGBTQ world in other countries other than USA or Europe. After that, the stories, but without that preface, they would have not probably the same effect on me.

WHAT DO GAY PEOPLE EAT? by Brian Gomez (M/M). This is a wonderful little story, really. It’s not even a gay st
Yee Heng Yeh
Jul 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Mostly decent writing. A few stories are a bit self-indulgent/overly sentimental, relying perhaps too much on the whole 'being gay is such a struggle' trope rather than attempting to show it through their writing. There are some incredible gems in there, however, and it was worth going through the book just for those,especially -
What Do Gay People Eat: One of the few short stories (not just in this anthology, but in Malaysia) that is actually funny. A wry and poignant, if not unique, perspectiv
Luc Abdullah
Hanya satu cerita, yang aku suka, iaitu What Do People Gay Eat.
Storm Chase
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It doesn't matter if you're straight or gay - this is a brilliant read!
Marshall
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
For various reasons, I've had more time on my hands this summer than I was expecting I would. Although I've been doing a lot of intensive reading in the area of American magical realism (more on why later), I have taken breaks here and there to sample other work. Sometimes you just have to let your brain rest. As odd as it may sound, I actually haven't read many of the books that we have reprinted and distributed via BookCyclone. There are just too many of them! With more time, and long workouts ...more
Siti Zafira
Dec 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pulp-fiction
Actually, I've made the review, in Malay. Can be read here: http://perspektifkami.blogspot.com/20...

Well, in short, I'd suggest one thing. Malaysians should read this in order to have a better understanding of LGBT. Please don't neglect them and please, show them right way to be followed. Anyway, I myself not a pro-LGBT and alternative sexual ideology. For me, it's like 'baca boleh tiru jangan'. Sorry to be true.
Amanda
Jun 19, 2013 rated it liked it
An amazing find in second hand bookshop. I never thought such a book could be published here. The quality of the writing is a little uneven: some of the stories are great, others are not even worth reading. But it's a good start for an LGBT community which is still finding its feet.
Johnny B. Rempit
Sep 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2009, malaysiana
Get this book and read it quickly while you can. I have a nagging feeling that once it becomes popular, its gonna get banned.
Ben
Mar 11, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: southeast-asia
As far as the writing goes, this is a very mixed bag of short stories. Some were fairly good, others poorly written, but all were interesting in elucidating LGBT life in Malaysia.
Wanny Syazzo
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
Not that impressed with any of the stories. It was just plain but it could fill you up, though.
菁华
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
I really liked the first story. The fact of this anthology existing at all impressed me more than most of the other stories.
Encik Psychopath
Oct 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Funny, enjoyable and I got better understanding of LGBT but I'm still against this species no matter what.
Uma
Aug 30, 2009 rated it liked it
An interesting insight into the queer culture in Malaysia. Some good engaging writers although it feels a little jarring that this collection merges fiction with non-fiction. All in all well done.
Mobyskine
Oct 24, 2011
Shangeetha Selarajoo
Apr 02, 2013
Paul GnanaSelvam
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Athina
Sep 08, 2012
Najmi
Sep 01, 2015
Vivian Adram
Jan 24, 2012
Jerome Kugan is a Malaysian writer, poet, musician, and artist.
More about Jerome Kugan