Start by marking “Body 2 Body: A Malaysian Queer Anthology” as Want to Read:
Body 2 Body: A Malaysian Queer Anthology

Body 2 Body: A Malaysian Queer Anthology

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  44 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Body 2 Body: A Malaysian Queer Anthology is the first of its kind: a compilation of original creative writing on the gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transsexuals and transvestites of the country. Long denied a voice in the mainstream, the queers of Malaysia are boldly and fabulously represented in 23 stories, fiction and non-fiction. From coming out to coming home, breaking up ...more
Published August 1st 2009 by Matahari Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Body 2 Body, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Body 2 Body

Elisa Rolle
First of all I would have liked this Anthology even only for the preface, the story how Jerome Kugan and Pang Khee Teik decided, planned and arrived to publish it. It’s at the same time funny and sad, and a stunning picture of the LGBTQ world in other countries other than USA or Europe. After that, the stories, but without that preface, they would have not probably the same effect on me.

WHAT DO GAY PEOPLE EAT? by Brian Gomez (M/M). This is a wonderful little story, really. It’s not even a gay st
Storm Chase
Jul 19, 2013 Storm Chase rated it it was amazing
It doesn't matter if you're straight or gay - this is a brilliant read!
Luc Abdullah
Hanya satu cerita, yang aku suka, iaitu What Do People Gay Eat.
Marshall
Aug 14, 2012 Marshall rated it really liked it
For various reasons, I've had more time on my hands this summer than I was expecting I would. Although I've been doing a lot of intensive reading in the area of American magical realism (more on why later), I have taken breaks here and there to sample other work. Sometimes you just have to let your brain rest. As odd as it may sound, I actually haven't read many of the books that we have reprinted and distributed via BookCyclone. There are just too many of them! With more time, and long workouts ...more
Wanny
Aug 30, 2014 Wanny rated it it was ok
Not that impressed with any of the stories. It was just plain but it could fill you up, though.
Siti Zafira
Dec 31, 2011 Siti Zafira rated it really liked it
Shelves: pulp-fiction
Actually, I've made the review, in Malay. Can be read here: http://perspektifkami.blogspot.com/20...

Well, in short, I'd suggest one thing. Malaysians should read this in order to have a better understanding of LGBT. Please don't neglect them and please, show them right way to be followed. Anyway, I myself not a pro-LGBT and alternative sexual ideology. For me, it's like 'baca boleh tiru jangan'. Sorry to be true.
Amanda
Jun 25, 2013 Amanda rated it liked it
An amazing find in second hand bookshop. I never thought such a book could be published here. The quality of the writing is a little uneven: some of the stories are great, others are not even worth reading. But it's a good start for an LGBT community which is still finding its feet.
Uma
Aug 30, 2009 Uma rated it liked it
An interesting insight into the queer culture in Malaysia. Some good engaging writers although it feels a little jarring that this collection merges fiction with non-fiction. All in all well done.
Ben
Jun 06, 2010 Ben rated it liked it
Shelves: southeast-asia
As far as the writing goes, this is a very mixed bag of short stories. Some were fairly good, others poorly written, but all were interesting in elucidating LGBT life in Malaysia.
Johnny B. Rempit
Oct 01, 2009 Johnny B. Rempit rated it really liked it
Shelves: malaysiana, read-2009
Get this book and read it quickly while you can. I have a nagging feeling that once it becomes popular, its gonna get banned.
Lia
Aug 14, 2012 Lia rated it it was ok
I really liked the first story. The fact of this anthology existing at all impressed me more than most of the other stories.
Encik Psychopath
Oct 04, 2012 Encik Psychopath rated it liked it
Funny, enjoyable and I got better understanding of LGBT but I'm still against this species no matter what.
Fiza M.
Jun 05, 2011 Fiza M. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Love the first story from Brian Gomez - What Do Gay People Eat? *grins*
Aishe
Aishe marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Robin Graber
Robin Graber marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
MJO Yap
MJO Yap marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Darren Mitton
Darren Mitton marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Najmi
Najmi rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2015
Juria
Juria rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2015
Ruq
Ruq rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2015
Shauni Kaur
Shauni Kaur marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Paul GnanaSelvam
Nov 23, 2014 Paul GnanaSelvam rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Diana W
Diana W rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Arcchie
Arcchie marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Shireen Prasad
Shireen Prasad marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
bombilating
bombilating marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Neesa Jamal
Neesa Jamal rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jerome Kugan is a Malaysian writer, poet, musician, and artist.
More about Jerome Kugan...