Start by marking “Reba: My Story” as Want to Read:
Reba: My Story

Reba: My Story

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  1,031 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews
Her songs--honest, plainspoken stories of women's lives today--have struck such a deep chord in her fans that she has become the top-selling female country recording artist of the decade. Now with that same straightforward honesty, Reba McEntire tells the phenomenal story of one woman... "Reba: My Story." From her childhood in Oklahoma working cattle with her ranching fami ...more
Audiobook
Published June 1st 1994 by Simon & Schuster Audio (first published April 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Reba, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reba

Van
Aug 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Reba, she as close to country as a person can get, I love her attidude towards life, She always looks at things in a positive way and never lost sight of her dreams, even when at times she could have easily have given up, and when she had enemies that came against her she always did the right thing, this is what I loved most about Reba, is when she was asked to pay those certain people for that place she didn't falter, she held her head up high and paid even though she didn't have to, but ...more
Elizabeth
Jan 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
I love when u read a memoir and you feel like the person you read about is sitting next to you telling the story instead of just reading it. This one was like that for me and I enjoyed every page.
Dick Pilskog
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She was honest with this book. I went thru her early days on the ranch, getting started, a plane crash, and the birth and her son Shelby and her raising her son. . I figure there are many very good singers but she delivered on which songs to sing and the musicians that surrounded her. It makes a lot of difference to have a good management team. I wish she did a follow-up book because this was written in 1994. Bravo!
Bradley
Jul 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me two long weeks to get through this book. A biography is meant to be savored and not blown through. I am amazed at her frankness and details of her life story in these pages. Very good positive reading. She seems like a really nice person to know. I truly enjoyed this book. Now I have to turn it over to my wife. She is the one who loves musicians' stories. =)
Kristin
May 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reba's autobiography spans the period of her career prior to when I became a fan of her music, so for me, this book was an enjoyable learning experience. In fact, Reba tends to focus on her life outside of music, during her time working on the family farm and competing in roedos, for much of the book. However, if you think about where her music career was at the time of writing, those early experiences are what comprised the majority of her life.
That is not to say that she does not provide insig
Krissys
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: featured-books, star
Reba is one of those country stars you think would have came up in the fairy tale life that would take her to the glittering lights of both the film scene and music scene but as you find out in Reba: My Story, just like many of us in the world Reba didn't come from the fairy tale life, she had to fight, struggle and scrounge for the place in country music history she rightfully earned.
Reba built her way through good times and the bad and had enough inner strength and determination to continue o
Sue
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. I have always been a fan of Reba McEntire - her singing as well as her acting. This book tells of her life growing up poor, her love for horses and being in rodeos, the singing she did in school bands, and her becoming the star she is today. It touched on the tragic plane crash when the members of her band were killed, and how her singing helped her cope with this loss. She wrote of the importance of her family throughout the book. This book read like she was ...more
Jaylee Neal
Nov 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read both books and just adore her too,
I love the fact she was so honest about everything to her family to her plane crush of killing several members of her band, I love how she talked about her son Shelby ( whom now is 22 years old ) and honestly i think she's genuine and real and so modest.. I love her work ethic that she follows in the footstepps of her very own idol Dolly Parton, though she continues too influnce many people around the world like Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Patty Loveless,K
Brandy
Jul 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
VERY INTERESTING book! MY FAVORITE female Country singer. She has a VERY interesting family. And lead a VERY interesting life. The tragic plane crash that killed her band members in the early 90's was just HEARTBREAKING! I didn't realize it happened in SanDiego! I also didn't realize that not only does Reba's current husband, Narvel had 3 children already before they got married, but her ex Charlie had also been married before with 2 boys. And that her son Shelby is now 21?!
Andre
Mar 05, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biographies
It's always good and refreshing to read a country star's autobiography. Unlike most of my idols, Reba is not a songwriter, so it was interesting to get the insight from a performer on how she comes about her songs. She is a very talented woman who has had a great career, and at the time she wrote this book she was a legend in the making. Reba McEntire helped to set the bar for current country females, and her innovative ideas broke down barriers and changed country music forever.
  • Coming Home to Myself
  • Between a Heart and a Rock Place: A Memoir
  • Landing on My Feet: A Diary of Dreams
  • Cloris: My Autobiography
  • Are You Hungry, Dear?
  • You Have No Idea: A Famous Daughter, Her No-nonsense Mother, and How They Survived Pageants, Hollywood, Love, Loss (and Each Other)
Reba Nell McEntire is an American country music artist and actress. She began her career in the music industry as a high school student singing in the Kiowa High School band, on local radio shows with her siblings, and at rodeos.

She has sometimes been referred to as "The Queen of Country". She is one of the best-selling artists of all time, having sold more 80 million records worldwide.

In the ear
More about Reba McEntire...