Start by marking “Loom Knitting Socks: A Beginner's Guide to Knitting Socks on a Loom with Over 50 Fun Projects” as Want to Read:

Socks are fun and easy projects to loom knit. In just a few hours you can create fabulous socks in every color, texture. and style imaginable! From thick socks for cold winters, to breathable sports socks for active knitters, this book can help you knit unique designs for all occasions.

Another book in the popular loom knitting series by Isela Phelps, this comprehensive boo
Published September 29th 2009 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Loom Knitting Socks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loom Knitting Socks

Justin
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seems to do an excellent job describing loom knitting socks. At the very least, as someone who hasn't done this before the book shows the initial difficulty/time necessary for beginners and has dissuaded me from attempting this now.
Altivo Overo
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: knitters of all ages
Shelves: knitting
Over the past decade or two, there has been a tremendous revival of interest in hand knitting. Not only are there many more active knitters (and not all of them women, either) than there were in, say, 1980, but the nooks and crannies of knitting history and technology are being explored as never before.

"Loom" knitting (not to be confused with weaving, which is entirely different) is a technique for producing knitted garments without the use of knitting needles. The loom is actually a hoop or woo
Lisa
Oct 22, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting
The book has a comprehensive introduction section that goes into detail about stitches, yarns, and the anatomy of socks. There is a nice variety of projects, several of which I found appealing, but I'm afraid I couldn't try any of them, because I don't have a loom with the appropriate number of pegs in the appropriate gauge.

I recommend this book if you already have an EFG Wonder Sock Loom, or a nice variety of 60-70-peg EFG looms, but anyone else, be warned that you will have go loom-shopping be
Louise Chambers
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good photos and graphic instructions. Patterns for all levels. If you want to invest in all new equiptment for a fiber craft loom knitting may be for you. I considered this because regular knitting is so difficult with my arthritis. But the looms and hooks look to be just about as difficult, so I'll stick to crochet. I wish there were more crochet sock patterns. I may have to work on that! :)
Lynn Demsky
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: any one who enjoys socks
This is an incredible book! I have never loomed knitted but did get a loom as a gift --- this book has details on everything from started from scratch --- everything you need, helpful suggestions and wonderful patterns to make some lovely socks! Has pictures, diagrams - everything to get you going on loom socks!
Cat
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I got a sock loom for Christmas so I won this at the perfect time. I have not done any of the patterns yet, but there were tons that I want to try as soon as I get some wool.
the directions are easy to follow, which is good for me. If you love to knit socks on a loom, I highly recommend this book.
Jackie
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I was looking for a beginner’s guide to knitting socks and this book does not disappoint. The variety of sock patterns is extraordinary. The patterns are clear and look easy to follow. The pictures of the completed socks throughout the book are beautiful too.
Lizabeth
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a fun way to learn to knit socks. I am not yet the greatest at it, but me and my kids have enjoyed learning to use the sock loom. Who knew there were so many different types of socks!!

Fun...Fun...FUN!! And very easy!
Wondra Vanian
Oh, man... now I need a sock loom.
Danyale
Jul 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

• Toe-Up 2-at-a-Time Socks
  • Sew U Home Stretch: The Built by Wendy Guide to Sewing Knit Fabrics
  • The Magic of Shetland Lace Knitting: Stitches, Techniques, and Projects for Lighter-than-Air Shawls & More
  • Weekend Hats: 25 Knitted Caps, Berets, Cloches, and More
  • Connect the Shapes Crochet Motifs: Creative Techniques for Joining Motifs of All Shapes
  • The Art of Fair Isle Knitting
  • 55 Christmas Balls to Knit: Colorful Festive Ornaments, Tree Decorations, Centerpieces, Wreaths, Window Dressings
  • 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders
  • More Sensational Knitted Socks
  • Sock Innovation: Knitting Techniques and Patterns for One-Of-A-Kind Socks
  • Knitters Handy Book Of Patterns: Basic Designs in Multiple Sizes and Gauges (Interweave)
  • Mastering Color Knitting: Simple Instructions for Stranded, Intarsia, and Double Knitting
  • Toe-Up Socks for Every Body: Adventurous Lace, Cables, and Colorwork from Wendy Knits
  • Knitter's handbook