Start by marking “Stripping Asjiah” as Want to Read:
Stripping Asjiah

Stripping Asjiah

I wish someone could've told me by seventeen I would get raped by my uncle. That no one would believe me. Maybe then I could've prepared myself. No one was there to protect me. Instead I was thrown to the wolves. I had to find a way out, to escape all this madness. Before you judge me, what would you have done if you were in my position?
Published June 1st 2009 by La Femme Fatale (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Stripping Asjiah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stripping Asjiah

DKristin
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
The story was surprisingly gripping and complicated. I did feel some of the sexual situations were not very realistic for people that young of age. If you can handle the murder, rape, violence, and emotional abuse of this one it is well worth the read. However, if you are unable to connect with urban characters and understand a thug or hustler mentality... this may not be the book for you. I think I am interested in continuing this series but due to the depth of depravity it's one of those serie ...more
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
BOO-YAH!!!!!

DAMMMMNNNNNNNN THIS ISH WAS CRAZY GOOD ......

...I LOVED IT.!..........onto book 2. Review to come some later ;-)
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Very Minor Spoilers in this Review

5 out of 5STARS

This book was nothing like i thought it would be. It was very RAW,pain filled and emotionally brutal. The Author did a very good job with the weaving of this story, she did not drag out a single plotline. There was a select few times when i was unsure of who's POV i was reading but my guessing did not last long. All i can say is WOW... This story is soooo crazy. If you can not stomach rape, incest and family loathing then this book is not for you.
Carla ☺Did I Say That☺
Jan 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Four and a Half *Thats Whats Up* Stars!!!
Wow!!!..What a page-turner!!
Natalie
Oct 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
I read a lot, and street lit is my favorite. However, this novel was a different type of street lit/Urban tale. I’ve been pondering all day to put my words around how to describe this read. I’ve never heard of Sa’Rese or this novel in any of my book clubs, I happened to stumble on it via Good Reads. I am glad I did.

Stripping Asjiah is a story of a young girl’s life from age seven to eighteen; however the majority of the story takes place in Asjiah’s senior year in high school. As if your teen ag
Kimani Aylor
Sep 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The book Stripping Asjiah is about a girl trying who went through a traumatic experience as a child that created a domino effect. She and her brother got sent to live with her mothers family who hated her because she was mixed and looked like her father, She was raped by her uncle, and her boyfriend's mistress killed her baby. Despite her obstacles she always seemed to bounce back even though her provider and protector, her brother, was in jail.

When Asjiah was 8 her father stabbed her mother to
Analeese Davis
Nov 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
While I enjoyed the other urban novels on my list I had yet to write a review on any of them, that is until I picked up Stripping Asjiah. This book is fire from beginning to the end. Sa'Rese has figured out a way to craft a story that flawlessly flows from character to character, scene to scene. Stripping Asjiah doesn't read like other urban fiction to the point you almost feel like it's real. The situations in the story can actually happen, if they have not happened already to yourself or peopl ...more
Michael Lewis
Sep 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I haven't really read or had the interest to read anything since The Coldest Winter Ever; I'm glad I picked up Stripping Asjiah. After reading the back cover I was immediately drawn into the story and I haven't put it down since. My boys and I have talked about all the characters and how they relate to us or people we know. Good Job shorty; hope there's a sequel!
Felicia
Sep 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book grabbed me from the very first page. Sa'Rese has truly captured the essence of "keeping it real". She pulls you in with every character and never loosens the grip. I found myself crying, I couldn't stop. Can't wait for the sequel.
Jena Crawford
Jan 14, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a good story, at times I wasn't sure who's POV I was reading but I figured it out quickly. It's an urban story and I find those not my favorite but this one was pretty good/sad full of wtf moments. It's a quick read. For that I was appreciative.
Tina Manuel
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review added to book #2. Or see my blog: http://tinasbookblog.booklikes.com/po...
Kittykorn
Apr 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and really want to read the 2nd so bad
OOSA
Sep 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
From a Good Life to Turmoil...

Asjiah and Angel Cappelli were raised by their mom, Jai, in California. They had a good life and their mom loved them to death. Since she had separated from their dad, Sean, she was a little afraid, thinking he would show up and start trouble for them. He does! In a flash the girls’ world is turned upside down and they are sent to live with their mother's mother, Marie, in Ohio and there their lives are forever altered.

Sa'Rese’s “Stripping Asjiah" caught me from th
Anitra Daniels
Jan 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book was excellent from start to finish. I recognized the name of the editor from the name on one of the other books I read. I was a little scarred from the previous book I read under this Editor's name and thought I would be in for the same slow, boring pace of an poorly told story but after reading the back of the book I realized that this one would be different.

Stripping Asjiah compares to NOTHING else I've read and it's not often you can say that an author stands out in a industry that
Carla
Oct 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
" Stripping Asjiah 2" by Author Sa'Rese picks up right where part one left off. Asjiah is forced to make the decision between life and death. During this time,her brother, Angel, sits in jail plotting revenge and freedom. The characters from part one are all back in this tale of deceit, lies, and love. I loved the flashback and details the author provided about Angel and Asjiah's childhood.
This story was a 5 star read. It stayed true to part one. The fast paced action started on page one and d
Christina Long
Sep 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Christina by: a friend
As you can see I didnt really write reviews for any of the other books that I read but I felt something HAD to be said about this one! Stripping Asjiah is an urban classic! From the first page you are thrown into the lives of two siblings who are struggling to make their way out of the streets and away from a family who treats them like shit. I felt like Asjiah was my little sister, like Angel was my brother and I was going through all of these things with them. Sa'Rese holds no punches as she v ...more
Journey Williams
Oct 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
this book was amazing. utterly captivating. I couldnt put it down! Sa'Rese has found a way to evoke raw emotions from her readers in an urban tale of survival. her characters are raw and uncut and the story is true to life. A lot of urban novels have plots that are too far fetched or too saturated with the normalacy of what we think urban fiction is. Take notes, Stripping Asjiah is in a class of its own!
Keith Thompson
Jan 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
to compare this to coldest winter ever or g-spot would be an understatement. stripping asjiah is in a class of its own. the story flows ruthlessly from beginning to end and the relationship between the brother and sister reminds me of my own friendship and bond with my sibling. Sa'Rese didnt glorify street life like most authors, if not all authors, she made it more about the struggle and what they had to do to survive. I cant wait for the sequel. I'll read anything she touches.
Mary
Oct 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Really good read. I will say that the formatting of the book was driving me a little crazy. It was hard to understand in some areas because it was not properly formatted for my kindle. The book did keep my attention and had me yearning for more. I loved Angel and the love he had for his sister Asjiah. He truly made sure that she was well taken care of and wanted for nothing. I will be looking forward to starting the next installment in this series and I would recommend this book to others.
Dorothy
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love hate relationship

So... I like the book but there so much going on, I literally got sick to my stomach with the whole uncle thing. I knew what was to come but I did not know it would go into detail like that, eeeewww. But over all I did like the book. Can't wait to read part 2. I hope Cj is gone and Money steps up to the plate. I hope A gets everything she deserves after all she has been through.
Charisse Franklin
Aug 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book was an excellent read from start to finish. Featured it at my book club last month and everyone loved it. My meeting started at 7:00 and lasted well into midnight. Everyone had their own take on the characters and what they wouldve done if they were Asjiah. I searched for other books by Sa'Rese and couldnt find any. If this is her debut, you are off to a great start. Can't wait for more.
Heather Bogner
Apr 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I dont read urban books but I saw this sitting on the my friends desk in the dorm so I picked it up. I missed my 3:00 psych class!!! lol. This book is amazing! It isnt written in a way thats hard to understand or drenched with slang that most ethnic writers use. Sa'Rese is a great talent, I searched for other books on here by her but couldn't find any. I hope she is working on something currently because this was a great debut!
Andre Davis
Nov 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book for my girl and she kept popping off about how good it was, she was reading me pages from the book while I was trying to watch the game. Some particular scenes really hit home and I had to read the book for myself. Very raw and in your face. Uncut and clear with her words. i would recomend this to my boys for sure.
Anthony Gibson
Jan 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I know its a little unusual for a dude to be talking about a book but I must say being from Cleveland, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Sa'Rese is the truth and her style of writing is unlike anyone elses. Her characters are very true and easy to identify with. Is there a sequel? I wish her many blessings in the future which I'm sure will be bright as long as she has a pen in her hand
Victoria Dagget
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Victoria by: a friend
Stripping Asjiah is an alluring tale of two siblings as they struggle to find their way in the world. I'm at work reading this book right now and I cant put it down!!! The story reads as if it is a movie and you are sitting front row while all the drama unfolds. I'm not done but I hope there is a sequel!
Jessica Rodriguez
Sep 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book is the blue print for what urban fiction should be!!! The poem in the beginning of the book sets the tone for what's getting ready to happen. From page 1 to 196 this book is FIRE!!!! Masterfully written, the author's pen seems to flow through the pages effortlessly! Can't wait for the sequel!!!
Grace Harrison
Sep 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I usually don't have time to read but my daughter had this book sitting on her bed, so I picked it up. I DIDNT PUT IT DOWN UNTIL I FINISHED IT!!! Sa'Rese is a brilliant author, her wordplay is like nothing else I have read before. Can't wait to see what happens to Angel and Asjiah in the future!
Sam
Dec 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story had plenty of drama in it. The beginning of the book draws in with a terrible event. There are plenty more events you will view as tragic. A really great book that I had to go and purchase the next book in the series straight away to see what happens!
Marcus Green
Sep 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Im not big on reading but this book was hot! I grew up in the streets and to have this based out of my home city rang too true to my heart! Angel and his crew remind me so much of my boys. And I wish I knew Asjiah for real!!! Bottom line, good work. Sa'Rese is a genius
Erin Dembenski
Jan 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I really dont read urban fiction but this book was hard to put down. I read a lot of different genres and it isnt often that someone is able to seemlessly float through their characters without making it seem boring or predictable. Sa'Rese is a rare and raw talent and I wish her the best!
What person you relate to most in Stripping Asjiah? 3 20 Apr 28, 2011 01:18PM

• At Last
  • Behind the Hood (Behind the Lives, #1)
  • Drama... Another Man's Girl
  • Gunz and Roses
  • Adversary (Alfonzo, #11)
  • No Secrets No Lies (Sin City Heat, #3)
  • A Lover's Worth (The Ramseys, #5)
  • Two Tears in a Bucket (The Kennards, #1)
  • Moth to a Flame
  • Smooth Operator
  • Raunchy
  • What We Won't Do For Love
  • Chasing Bliss
  • Vol.1 (London Brown, #3.5)
  • The Sicilian's Defiant Mistress