Start by marking “Moving Day” as Want to Read:
Moving Day

Moving Day

Boyds Mills Press publishes a wide range of high-quality fiction and nonfiction picture books, chapter books, novels, and nonfiction
Published February 1st 2007 by WordSong (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Moving Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moving Day

Start your review of Moving Day
Linda
I’m on the move, and many of you know. I wrote about my move and this book last Friday, on my blog! I will be in my new home two weeks from today, hopefully able to write a post. My internet will be up on that Monday, I hope! I found this, written for a child moving actually, but many of Fletcher’s touched my heart as I make this big change. His poems show the heartbreak of a young boy leaving his home, his grandparents, his school friends, only to go to the unknown-weather, friends, house. This ...more
Mary
Oct 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Ralph Fletcher is amazing! I was so lucky to meet him 2 years ago. What a fabulous poet!? I particularly When Moving Day Finally Came. I felt all of the same feelings from when I moved away from my childhood house. However, he adds so many details such as Dunkin Doughnuts coffee and the guy who had to brush his hair. Must read this book to students 5-8 for sure. Could be explained to K-4 as well.
Alana Arlequin
This is a great book! It is a collection of poems that all have a focus on some aspect of moving. Some of your students may be able to relate to this topic. As a child I moved almost every year, so I can relate.
Jessica Bukowinski
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The most relevant book ever. As someone who grew up moving and as the mom of 10 and 12 year old's about to move it really resonates. Give this book to every tween you know who is preparing for a major move. It nails the feelings.
Matthew
Oct 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Telling the story of a child dealing with a move in a series of poems that adds up to a good piece of narrative, this is another highly usable poetry text from Ralph Fletcher, the well-known writing guru. If you like anything else by him, you'll probably like this too. I know that I did.
Donalyn
Jul 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fletcher's perfectly captures a boy's feelings of loss, fear, and hope when his family moves.
Melanie Swider Wenz
Keely
May 31, 2016
Doug
Jun 01, 2016
Ralph Fletcher is a friend of young writers and readers as well as writing teachers. He has written or co-authored many books for writing teachers includng Writing Workshop: The Essential Guide, Teaching the Qualities of Writing, Lessons for the Writer's Notebook, Boy Writers: Reclaiming Their Voices, and Pyrotechnics on the Page: Playful Craft That Sparks Writing. Ralph has worked with teachers ...more