Start by marking “Cook's Country Best Lost Suppers” as Want to Read:
Cook's Country Best Lost Suppers

Cook's Country Best Lost Suppers

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
In an effort to preserve old-fashioned meals, Cook's Country magazine asked its readers to submit their favorite dinnertime recipes. Out of thousands of submissions, the magazine's test kitchen tested and perfected the best to present in this collection.
Published September 15th 2009 by Cook's Country

To ask other readers questions about Cook's Country Best Lost Suppers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cook's Country Best Lost Suppers

Sara
Mar 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
I was surprised to like this book. I thought it would all be horrible casseroles that get served at church dinners. And, though many are casseroles, they are really good. I tried the Salmagundi Bake (sp?), the Creamy Chicken Pan Pie, and Aunt Fanny's Macaroni Soup with Meatballs. I'm not sure I got all the names right as I'm trying to write from memory. But all three were delightful. Cook's Illustrated does it again!
Andee
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!
Catherine Woodman
While I am a huge fan of COok's Illustrated and America's Test Kitchen, this magazine doe snot do it for me. I got this out to see if maybe I was wrong about htat--the recipes are just a little too 1950's for me--I did write down the Sicilian Meatloaf, and the Shrimp Salad into my journal so will try a couple, but would not recommend this cookbook unless you are trying to recapture something lost--these are not meals that shriek of my childhood.
Sara
Sep 26, 2013 rated it liked it
You can't rate this too poorly, because there are some good recipes and they're, of course, test-kitchened.
But they're certainly not LOST recipes. Any person who doesn't hate casseroles has at least half of these in their recipe box already.
If you want ACTUAL lost recipes, you should visit the University of Iowa's Szathmary cookbook collection.
Paula
Jun 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Cook's Country recipes are always good when I try them.
Laurie
Liz Neilley
Mar 30, 2016
Andrew Schafer
Aug 05, 2015
In 1993, Mr. Kimball relaunched Cook's Magazine, which he founded in 1980, serving as the publisher and editorial director, as Cook's Illustrated, and recently founded Cook's Country Magazine. Mr. Kimball serves as publisher and editor of both magazines. Mr. Kimball also serves as the host of America's Test Kitchen, a public television cooking show now in its seventh season. Mr. Kimball is a regul ...more