Start by marking “Waking the Witch (Women of the Otherworld, #11)” as Want to Read:
Waking the Witch (Women of the Otherworld, #11)

Waking the Witch

(Otherworld #11)

One of the most popular writers of paranormal fiction and the #1 New York Times bestselling author returns with a rollicking new novel in her Otherworld series.At twenty-one, Savannah Levine-orphaned daughter of a notorious dark witch and an equally notorious cutthroat sorcerer-considers herself a full-fledged member of the otherworld. The once rebellious teen has grown in ...more
Published July 27th 2010 by Dutton Adult (first published July 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Waking the Witch, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Fables&Wren
WrensReads Review:

I loved Savannah finally getting her own story, don’t get me wrong.

But I also thought this story was a little weak for her. She is one of the strongest women written in this series. Ever since she was a kid she gave no craps about anyone and will do whatever the hell she wants to do because that is what she wants to do.

I understand that she has grown up and everything like that, but that kind of spunk doesn’t just die.

What I am happy about, is that her story isn’t done. If I
Tatiana
Sep 20, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, urban-fantasy
2.5 stars, rounded up to a very, very, very generous 3-star rating.

Waking The Witch is an installment of the Women of the Otherworld series that I don't see myself ever re-reading. This is sad because I had been looking forward to finally reading a Savannah book for a long time.

I remember Savannah a 12-year old spoiled, petulant girl and later a determined, brash, strong, sassy and refreshingly selfish woman and a powerful witch who hates authority, goes after what she wants, can kick ass, desp
Alex is The Romance Fox
Synopsis:The orphaned daughter of a sorcerer and a half-demon, Savannah is a terrifyingly powerful young witch who has never been able to resist the chance to throw her magical weight around. But at 21 she knows she needs to grow up and prove to her guardians, Paige and Lucas, that she can be a responsible member of their supernatural detective agency. So she jumps at the chance to fly solo, investigating the mysterious deaths of three young women in a nearby factory town as a favour to one of t ...more
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
Starting with this one, the last three books of the series are primarily told through Savannah's point of view. We've seen her since the second book of the series, Stolen, first as a young girl and now finally as an adult. In Stolen she meets Elena and works her way into the wolf pack as a friend, while she is adopted by Paige for the third and fourth books. Everyone know her name, and now she finally gets to go out on her own for her first investigative case.

Savannah isn't as compassionate at f
Steven
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Savannah's point of view and the mystery in this one.

I do have to say that (view spoiler)
~Sofia~
Finally! Savannah's own book! The story from Eve was one of my favourites in this series so I was delighted when I learnt this one would feature Savannah as the lead.

I love the witches in this series, the books are so fun to read! The characterisation is perfect as each book represents a character and you really do get close to them all. I did however expect a little more from this book, Savannah is feisty and we did see a bit of it in this book but not as much as I was hoping. The story line d
William Thomas
Hi, I'm a witch blah blah blah energy bolt blah blah motorcycle blah hot guy blah blah blah I'm 21 and super pretty don't you want to be me or do me blah blah blah sacrifice and dead girls blah blah small town blah investigate blah blah more hot guy talk blah blah blah I'm a clever witch, actually, and I solve the crime blah blah motorcycle blah. Get the drift?

I can reduce this book to a 2 minute powerpoint presentation in which there are only 3 actual headings for discussion- motorcycle, witche
Melindeeloo
Aug 02, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Savannah, the teenage witch, is no longer a teenager. She's twenty-one and minding the detective agency while her guardians, Paige and Lucas, are on vacation when she gets the opportunity she's been waiting for - a case of her own.

I enjoyed Savannah as the narrator in Waking the Witch, and I enjoyed watching the investigation of the possibly ritual linked murders of three young women unfold and watching Savannah pick up clues that the local police have missed. But as the story progresses there a
Pam Nelson
Not going to lie we need to take about the narration first. This series goes through a lot of them and thought the first will always be my favorite. Johanna Parker is my runner up all though she will always be Sookie to me she really does a phenomenal job bring Savannah her own voice.

Now on to the plot, I LOVED that Savannah is all grown up and ready to prove she is ready to investigate alone. The connection between her and Adam YES PLEASE! I wanted this book for so long.

The ups and downs and
Natalie
Jun 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is my first time reading a book by Kelley Armstrong. I know, crazy, right? I've had her YA book The Summoning sitting on my bookshelf for four months, and I still haven't gotten around to reading it.

I was lucky enough to be offered a chance to review a copy of Waking the Witch, the latest installment in Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series. I jumped at the chance, thinking that it would finally give me a little needed motivation to try an author that I've been meaning to read for a lo
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This is Savannah's book. I was so excited to read it, and it didn't disappoint at all. It was everything I expected from her and more! I don't want to put a spoiler warning on this, so I'll try to be careful not give too much away.

At this point, Savannah is 21. She has been working for Paige and Lucas for 5 years, and now they are away on vacation and Adam is away at a conference, and a case comes up that sounds easy and safe enough for her to investigate her first case by herself. She follows J
AH
Feb 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
We first meet Savannah in Stolen, where she is a young witch under Ruth Winterbourne’s guardianship. Savannah has grown up. Savannah is now 21 years old, 6 feet tall, and has inherited her mother’s good looks. Savannah works as an investigator for Paige and Lucas’ agency. While Paige and Lucas are enjoying a Hawaiian vacation, Savannah gets a case and decides to solve it on her own.

Someone is murdering young women in a small town. The murders appear to be ritualistic and the list of suspects se
Ian
Dec 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: someone who has time to rewrite the last chapter. Please do so and send it to me.
A good book is like driving to the beach. It might be the greatest drive ever...but if there is no beach at the end you feel let down. I really enjoyed everything about this book...might have even rated it 5 Stars, but I didn't get the beach so 3 Stars it is.
Lisa (Harmonybites)
Aug 01, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Those Who Don't Mind Cliffhangers
I'm a fan of Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series, page-turning paranormal mysteries with romantic elements told from the first person point of view of a female supernatural: a werewolf, witch, angel, necromancer, half-demon... In this case it was Savannah Levine, daughter and ward of two previous protagonists. She's a witch and a private investigator.

For quite a while I was happily being pulled along by the mystery. Armstrong has a deft style and strong world-building that sucks y
Lisa Kessler
Aug 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This was exactly what I was hoping from from a Savannah book! And the big climax brought all the magic I imagined we would get with Savannah...

If you're a reader of teh Women of the Otherworld series, definitely grab this one, and if you're new to the series, you won't be lost jumping in with Waking the Witch...

Fun read! :)
ALPHAreader
Nov 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
‘Waking the Witch’ is the eleventh book in Kelley Armstrong’s ridiculously popular paranormal series, ‘Women of the Otherworld’. It is also the first book to be narrated by long-running, fan-favourite character Savannah Levine.

Savannah’s guardians, Paige Winterbourne and Lucas Cortez, are on a much-needed Hawaiian vacation. . . and while away Savannah is in charge of their Private Investigation business. So it happens that when telekinetic-demon and fellow PI, Jesse Aanes, walks through the door
Stephanie
Aug 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: see review
Waking the Witch by Kelley Armstrong

REVIEWED 8/24/2010 by Stephanie Takes-Desbiens
at http://fangswandsandfairydust.blogspo...
Purchased August 8, 2010
Read 8/23 & 24
Kindle Edition
File Size: 448 KB
Print Length: 320 pages
Publisher: DUTTON ADULT (July 27, 2010)
Sold by: Penguin Publishing

This is book eleven in the Otherworld Series.

Savannah is sassy, maybe a little arrogant, young, powerful, headstrong, makes mistakes and feels remorse, is really good at her job, knows how to protect herself phys
Samantha
Apr 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Waking the Witch is book 11 in Kelley Armstrong’s Women of the Otherworld series and marks the beginning of the end. When twenty-one year old, Savannah Levine sees the opportunity to prove she’s ready for more than just administrative work at Cortez and Winterbourne Investigations she takes it. The case leads her to a small town to investigate the possible supernatural connections in the deaths of three young women. For a small town, it’s full of suspicious characters and they all seem to have s ...more
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

Waking the Witch would make for a badass stand-alone novel but I’d expected more from the 11th Otherworld installment. The paranormal aspects are mere parlour tricks, the pioneers of this series are MIA and the plot is more murder mystery in nature than it is Urban Fantasy. I can’t fault Kelley Armstrong’s writing, the intriguing story or the pacing but as a long time fan of these books, it didn’t satisfy me.

This is Savannah Levine’s first crack as an Otherworld narrator
Sandy S
Nov 02, 2011 rated it liked it
WAKING THE WITCH (Women of the Otherworld #11) by Kelley Armstrong

WAKING THE WITCH is the 11th full-length storyline in Kelley Armstrong’ s Women of the Otherworld series. The final three books in the WOTO series focuses on the now adult Savannah Levine and the loss of her witch powers, the investigation into the dark arts and the rise of demons that want to take over the world.

Savannah was first introduced in STOLEN-the second storyline in Kelley’s WOTO series. A then 12 year old orphaned witch
Suzan
Feb 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!
I thoroughly enjoyed Savannah's book! I remember being unsure about her as narrator when I first learned she was getting a trilogy to end the series (for now!), but honestly she does some real growing up in this book. While I don't think she's over her prejudice towards humans, I kinda feel like she taken steps towards overcoming it, thanks to Michael, Paula and Kayla. She's also learning to stop running from her problems and to accept help (eventually) instead of insisting on fighting her own b ...more
Katie
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading from Savanah's pov. I figured out the person who was doing the killing on Savanah's case. Well, the body. I did not know on the little girls mom. I hope we see more of Savanah and Adam budding romance.
Siobhan
Dec 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Well well well, if you are a fan of this series this will not dissappoint. I realise that some reviewers have not been as pleased with this book, it lacks one of the usual elements that accompany this series. The relationship progression that normally occurs for the narrator, which in this case is Savannah - a character we met in the second book of the series "Stolen" she was 12 in that book and is now aged 21. Although, she seems older than her years due to a highly volatile, supernatural life! ...more
Yodamom
CLIFFHANGER ENDING !!!!!!!!!!!! ARGUH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO ! it was so intense, it was just almost there and then it hit the fan and .......the end.
Crispy Hell, I want to know what happens and I don't have the next book yet.
Savannah has grown up to be a big girl with big girl problems and a dark past that haunts her to this day. She gets her first case to solve on her own well kind of on her own men keep popping up. Her lust for Adam is still not going anywhere but her lust for another boy/ma
Dawn Livingston
Jan 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-favorites
Read the book before and remember not liking it all that match because I didn't like Savannah. She was a spoiled brat when introduced in an earlier book as a 12 year old (now 21 in this book). She has learned since then that her actions have consequences that she may not like and she continues to learn that lesson in this book.

The book seemed repetitive running back and forth between one place and another. It was mostly a mystery novel and a paranormal novel second. There's still something that
Kami Dodson-Perry
Oct 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Savannah is trying a PI case on her own. She runs into a lot of problems & faces a lot of her own demons. Adam is there for support & to jump in a help if needed but she does not want his help. Savannah wants to probe that she can do it on her own.

I was pulled into this story. I loved it. I am a little disappointed with the ending because I was left with a cliff hanger which makes me want to jump right into the next book. I know that is the point but I wanted to take a little break from
Barbara ★
I honestly don't remember Samantha from previous books (it's been years since I read the earlier ones) so I had no preconceived notions about her and therefore thoroughly enjoyed this book.

This book totally departs from the whole werewolf thing and takes on witches and Savannah in particular. I liked it and Savannah, Adam and Kayla. I hope Kayla is someone we see again as I really liked her and hated the way everything ended for her in particular.

I'll be hitting the next installment shortly to
Tiffani
Waking the Witch is a mystery with human and supernatural characters. It's part of Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series. Savannah is the woman at the center of this book. She is the biological daughter of a powerful witch (now deceased and an angel) and a powerful sorcerer (also deceased), and the adopted daughter of another powerful witch and sorcerer. In previous books Savannah has mostly played the role of the smart, rebellious teenager. Now twenty-one, Savannah is all grown up ...more
Book Binge
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
The blurb for this story does a very good job of telling the premise for this book. It’s very much a mystery with a lovely coming-of-age twist to it. Savannah wants to prove that she’s able to handle investigations on her own and takes the bull by the horns. But as world wise as she is there are just some things that one can’t be prepared for.

I very much liked reading this book from Savannah’s point of view. She was a cocky 21 year old but we got to see her doubts and sometimes fears and I think
Shelleen Toland
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Savannah Levine is a powerful young witch with a rebellious past and a troublesome heritage. The orphaned daughter of a sorcerer and a half-demon, Savannah is a terrifyingly powerful young witch who has never been able to resist the chance to throw her magical weight around. But at twenty-one she knows she needs to grow up and prove to her guardians, Paige and Lucas, that she can be a responsible member of their supernatural detective agency.
Savannah takes a case to solve murders of several wom
Vampires, Weres a...: Waking the Witch 5 15 Feb 15, 2017 11:49AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #5 - Waking the Witch 1 2 Jan 07, 2016 11:00AM

• A Fantasy Medley (Otherworld Stories, #9.2; Crown of Stars, #7.5; Realms of the Elderlings)
  • Evolve: Vampire Stories of the New Undead
  • Kitty's House of Horrors (Kitty Norville, #7)
  • Mortal Sins (World of the Lupi, #5)
  • Cheat the Grave (Signs of the Zodiac, #5)
  • City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #3)
  • Pride (Shifters, #3)
  • Thin Air (Weather Warden, #6)
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Witch Blood (Elemental Witches, #2)
  • Daemon's Mark (Nocturne City, #5)
  • Blood Lite II: Overbite  (Otherworld Stories, #10.3)
  • My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon
  • Harvest Hunting (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon #8)

Otherworld (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1)
  • Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2)
  • Dime Store Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #3)
  • Industrial Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #4)
  • Haunted (Women of the Otherworld, #5)
  • Broken (Women of the Otherworld, #6)
  • No Humans Involved (Women of the Otherworld, #7)
  • Personal Demon (Women of the Otherworld, #8)
  • Living with the Dead (Women of the Otherworld, #9)
  • Angelic (Otherworld Stories, #9.3)
“After the woman left, I set my coffee down and opened the bag. Two muffins-double-chocolate and
blueberry bran.
I texted Adam a thank-you. I’d just started eating the chocolate muffin when he texted backPut that one
down and eat the bran. It’s better foryou.”
16 likes
“There are just as many bitches out there as bastards. Equal opportunity asshole-ism.” 15 likes