Start by marking “Where Teddy Bears Come from” as Want to Read:
Where Teddy Bears Come from

Where Teddy Bears Come from

In the middle of a deep, dark forest, all the creatures are fast asleep. Except for a little gray wolf who can't sleep a wink.
The little wolf knows just what he needs to get a good night's sleep: a teddy bear to cuddle. So the next morning little wolf sets off to find one. But exactly where do teddy bears come from? The little wolf asks the Wise Owl and the Three Little Pi
Published August 1st 2009 by Peachtree Publishers (first published October 2nd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Where Teddy Bears Come from, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Teddy Bears Come from

Melanie
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Aunty (me) read it to the kids, then Grandpa read it and then Grandma read it. We all loved it!!
Debra
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A nice combination of fairy tale characters and Santa coming together to encourage a young wolf with a question.
The little gray wolf has a sleeping problem and stumbles onto what the thinks could be a solution to his problem - a teddy bear to cuddle. But where do teddy bears come from?
Mother Wolf sends him out into a cold morning with jacket and scarf to search for an answer. Poor little wolf is told to seek an answer from the Three Little Pigs, but little wolf gets a nose tickle which makes hi
Jana
Young children who are attached to their own teddy bears will understand the need for a cuddly friend in order to fall asleep. Little wolf is wide awake, and he is certain that a teddy bear would be a big help, but he has no idea where to find one. So he goes off in search of the answer. Young readers will enjoy Little Wolf’s encounters with familiar storybook characters The Three Little Pigs and Little Red Riding Hood on his quest for a teddy bear. He finally meets up with a kind man in a brigh ...more
Viviane Elbee
This book is a bit on the longer side, text-wise, but for children who can sit through longer stories it’s a lot of fun. Already we loved the title - and kids had a lot of fun commenting on where their teddy bears came from (shops, gifts from people etc...)

It’s a Christmas-time holiday story also.
Crystal
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
A little long but I loved all the fairy tale references and think a lot of the kids will too however this will work better for a winter/December storytime because of the Santa references. (I also like how the author doesn't use the words Santa/Christmas so it's not a directly holiday related book but kids will pick up on it if they so choose.)
Vidya Shankar
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A cute book that not only instills in children the value of helping but also has a message for adults.
Kristen
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
I REALLY enjoyed this book. I had no idea what to expect with it and was blown away by it. In this book, little wolf is having trouble sleeping. He decides that what he needs is a teddy bear, but then he couldn't figure out where teddy bears come from to get one. He goes off an adventure and meets several fairy tale creatures along the way - of course the ones with wolves in the stories! Although my daughter was disappointed we didn't get to see Goldilocks, she was super excited when Santa Claus ...more
Emmaline MacBeath
In this story, the little wolf (not to be confused with the big bad wolf) can't get to sleep. He decides he needs a teddy bear, but he doesn't know where teddy bear comes from. He goes on a quest to find out where teddy bears come from so that he can get one. He goes from one fairy tale home to another (three bears, little red riding hood, etc.) until he bumps into a jolly old man who finally says he can help the wolf.

Even though this story seems like a typical story line and is very repetitive
Jennifer Strong
Dec 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s, 2015
Little Wolf has trouble sleeping. Believing a teddy bear will help him sleep, he sets off on a journey through the forest to find out where they come from. He first heads to Wise Old Owl, then the Three Little Pigs, and finally Little Red Riding Hood. She doesn't know where teddy bears come from, but suggests he ask Goldilocks (because she knows a lot about bears). On his way to see her, Little Wolf meets Santa and explains his dilemma. Following Santa's counsel, he heads home, hoping to have th ...more
Bridget R. Wilson
Little Wolf has a problem--he can't sleep. He tries a variety of remedies before he decides he needs a teddy bear. But that's another problem. Little Wolf doesn't know where teddy bears come from. He sets out on a journey to find a teddy bear so he can sleep soundly. After a few cases of mistaken identity, he succeeds.

What I Thought: What a great idea for a book! Adults woulds automatically think teddy bears come from stores, but not Little Wolf or some children. I also love that this is a fract
carissa
In the middle of a deep, dark forest, all the creatures are fast asleep. Except for a little gray wolf who can_t sleep a wink.

But the little wolf knows just what he needs to get a good night_s sleep: a teddy bear to cuddle, just like in his favorite story book. So the next morning little wolf sets off on an adventure to find a teddy bear.

But exactly where do teddy bears come from?

The little wolf asks the Wise Owl, but he doesn_t know. He asks the Three Little Pigs, but they suggest he speak to L
Heidi
Where Teddy Bears Come From is a delightfully quirky take on several fairy tales but also Santa Claus. The illustrations and text fonts remind me distinctly of Lauren Child's style, but take on a life of their own. The little wolf is quite adorable as he persistently searches for the answer to his question. A fun book to read aloud as the differently sized text prompts the reader into reading with expression and verve. The twists to the fairy tales of the Three Little Pigs (who aren't so little ...more
Karen
Aug 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
My four-year-old son checked this book out from the library this week.

This book was a little bit above my son's understanding, but it still held his interest throughout. It would probably be a perfect book for new readers. The book itself is very cleverly written and even has an actual story. I liked all the other literary references, and I'm sure my son will when he understands them better.

The illustrations recall Charlie and Lola books to me, although maybe even more elemental in their shapes
Alexandria Hiam
A little wolf is having trouble sleeping and decides he needs a teddy bear, but has to first find out where they come from. He meets a number of folktale characters along the way, such as the three little pigs and little red riding hood, and eventually runs into Santa Claus. He asks Santa where teddy bears come from and Santa promises him he'll find out in the morning if he'll run home right away. The next morning a teddy bear is waiting for him, compliments of Santa. I liked the bright and inte ...more
A
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Melissa Holt
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book! It is a great book to read to children and has great illustrations. There is a little wolf that is trying to find out “Where Teddy Bears Come From?” so he goes on an adventure to find out. This book is great to read during the holiday season because the little wolf runs into Santa Claus to find out where teddy bears come from. This is a great book to read to children because there are different fairytales mentioned in the story.
Ariel S
Title: Where Teddy Bears Come From
Author: Mark Burgess. He is a computer programmer. He briefly worked at the London Zoo.
Illustrator: Russell Ayto
Review: This is a cute book which links this story to the fairy tale "The three little pigs". It contains great illustrations. The book also contains onomatopoeia, great adjectives, and vocabulary. Lastly, this book contains social-emotional aspects, such as self-preservation.
Trisha Daniel
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I always wondered where teddy bears come from.... and now I know. I greatly enjoyed this book! I liked how many different characters were brought into the story and especially those who have had experience with the Big Bad Wolf. I never thought about how many fairy tales have a wolf as the villain until now. It is certainly interesting. I did like how the author made sure that not all wolfs are big and bad, some are very nice and friendly. I loved this book and you will too!
Jami
Jun 03, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bedtime-stories
Started off promisingly enough. Little wolf sets off to find where teddy bears come from. He meets various fairy tale characters with wolf issues, the three pigs, little red riding hood, etc. until ultimately meeting a 'rosy-faced old man.' At this point the book becomes a Christmas story. I wasn't expecting a Christmas story, bit of a surprise there. Plus I've never been a fan of the sharp angled illustrations that seems to be so popular these days.
Brittany Stewart
Apr 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: peer-teacher
I think this is a sweet reading. I love how there are several other characters such as little read riding hood. I love how the main focus of this book is the concept of communication with the community. Little Wolf set out to find where do teddy bears come from by asking questions to find the answers he need. I love the detail and art work in this book. I think this would be an amazing bed time story for ages 4 and up.
Tanisha James
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is bright and fun with illustrations that will keep you entertained. The content of the story incorporates different fairy tales that we may have read when we were children or read to our children. This book can be use to scaffold problem-solving skills,communication skills or exploration.
Kimberly  Davis
Sep 25, 2010 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Kimberly by: FRA2010
Shelves: children
Little wolf sets out to learn where teddy bears come from. He visits some of his fairy tale friends in search of answers. In the end, he comes upon a jolly old man with a flat tire who sends him home in hope of an answer when he wakes in the morning. As a read aloud, it's okay.
I liked the voice and play of font in this book. Would be great for a writing.
Kate Hastings
Sep 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Grades K-3. Little Wolf can't sleep. He wants a teddy bear and doesn't know where to get one. He visits various woodland residents (with a hilarious twist on fairly tales) until he bumps into a rotund, bearded man that needs his help with a flat tire. Kids instantly realize who this man is (though it's never said) and think they are in on a big secret. Really cute!
Diana Acosta
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful book to read the only thing is that is very wordy for young readers. It has big and bold words for readers to learn new vocabulary. It shows persons and different animals. The illustration are great very edge and the cover is very attractive for children to get interested in reading the book. I will recommend this book to others.
Sandybear76
Jul 29, 2011 added it
Shelves: bears
Little Wolf can't sleep and decides that he needs a teddy bear to fall asleep with. He journeys around the woods, asking characters from storybooks for help to find a teddy bear. The little wolf helps one last character and that guy helps wolf find a teddy bear.
Elizabeth S
May 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: f-picture
What a fun book. Not only do we learn where teddy bears come from, but we also see the three little pigs, little red riding hood (& Grandma), before being sent to Goldilocks. I think we all need bears in order to properly fall asleep.
Julie
Jul 29, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I enjoyed reading this book with my niece. We both enjoyed the colorful illustrations and the twists and turns of the story with the clever use of other fairy tales. It is a great story to read with a child while asking prediction questions.
Miri
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love the illustrations in this book, and it's a fun twist on several different fairy tales, plus a unique Christmas story—one that doesn't actually feel all that Christmasy, so you could read it year round.
Jasmine
This is a very adventurous book about a wolf who wants to find a stuffed animal to help him sleep. This book is good to read before bedtime or nap time and includes very colorful and bright illustrations. This book is good for children around the ages of five and under.
Cari