Start by marking “Scene of the Grime (Grime Solvers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Scene of the Grime (Grime Solvers, #1)

Scene of the Grime (Grime Solvers Mystery #1)

3.21  ·  Rating details ·  82 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
"In her mid-30s and recently widowed, Sky Taylor left the big city for Pigeon Cove, a hamlet off the Massachusetts coast. Sky is re-adapting to single life with a newspaper column and her knack for creative cleaning increasingly in demand. Then she discovers a patron of the Millwood Inn permanently checked out. Now Sky's juggling the police chief's questions with advances ...more
Published June 5th 2007 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Scene of the Grime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scene of the Grime

Nancy H
This is an interesting series, featuring a main character who is a house cleaner as well as a newspaper writer. In this story, a very good friend of hers is killed, and after she finds the body and begins to investigate, she discovers that her friend had deep, dark secrets that were ultimately responsible for his death. This story has a good plot, good characters, and a good setting, and is definitely a good read.
Drebbles
Feb 07, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2007
Recently widowed Sky Taylor moved to the small town of Pigeon Cove in Massachusetts where she writes a newspaper column and runs a cleaning business. Her business is thriving and she's made many friends in Pigeon Cove including her landlord Chloe Edwards and Abe Monahan, a frequent guest at the Millwood Bed and Breakfast, one of Sky's clients. Sky enjoys talking to "Old" Abe and when she hears he's back in town she gets to work early to say hello to him. But instead of saying hello she gets to s ...more
Syl
Aug 01, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
It was an okay book, not much upto my expectations, though I got a few tips on how to clean the house, and felt like doing a spring cleaning of my house, the murder mystery as such didnot appeal much to me. Characters somehow felt insipid, couldnot identify myself with the heroine or her friends, or even with the victim or killers, for that matter.
Emily
Mar 03, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
While I admit that any book that advertises cleaning tips included is clearly not my type of book, I was still disapointed in Scene of the Grime. the characters were weak, the mystery very thin, and the ending pulled out of a hat. I found myself not caring about who, what, or why, but how many, as in how many pages were left.
Wendy
Jun 30, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice start to the New Year. This cozy mystery is the first of a series. I enjoyed it. I like the main character and the story line stayed interesting. Definitely looking forward to the next in the series to see where it goes next.
Janeene
Nov 23, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2009
2.5 Stars - quick read - will read next one in series to see how the characters develop

Dorothy
Jan 01, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
I rarely start a book and don't finish it, but this one just didn't grab me. The writing was weak at best and the characters were too flat for my taste.
Dogsandbooks
Donated to DPL
Jill
May 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always like a mystery with twists and turns, this one fit the bill. The house cleaning tips were fabulous.
Libbeth
Oct 12, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008, mystery
To be honest, I found this a little dull.
Mindi
May 16, 2014
Michelle
Jun 12, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Suzanne Price is a pseudonym for Jerome Preisler and his wife Suzanne.
More about Suzanne Price...

Grime Solvers Mystery (3 books)
  • Dirty Deeds