Start by marking “The Incredibles: Family Matters” as Want to Read:
The Incredibles: Family Matters

The Incredibles: Family Matters

(The Incredibles #1)

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  93 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
America's favorite family of superheroes finally returns, courtesy of legendary comics scribe Mark Waid (Kingdom Come, The Flash)! The Incredibles face terrifying new villains...and friendly new neighbors, all while Mr. Incredible hides a troubling secret from his costumed clan.
Published October 6th 2009 by BOOM! Studios (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Incredibles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Incredibles

Ashly Lynn
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Children grade levels 3-5.
Recommended to Ashly by: Found at the Library.
Synopsis

A new adventure emerges for the family of Incredibles. With new peril around every corner, how will this super (cool) family fare?

The Incredibles: Family Matters by Mark Waid and Marcio Takara

Genre: Superhero/Movie-Based/Comics
Release Date: October 2009
Source: Library – Borrowed
On My Shelf: No

Welp.

Um.

Yea.

So, I wanted to like this, I really did; but, I just…didn’t. First off, I know this is a book meant/written for children/middle-grade, but that’s actually where most of my issues lie a
Sara Weather
+action right away, fun

-the portrayal of the women in this book

[Possible Spoilers]Comments: It bothered me that most girls storyline is pushing them to be in a relationship. I know that was were the daughter was in the movie but it still bugs me a bit. It makes me feel that writers don't know how to write teen girls so they just input the romance storyline. My problem with the mom is that she couldn't run the team by herself even though she was a superhero before working with her husband. It is
Adam Graham
Nov 06, 2017 rated it liked it
The Incredibles are a crime fighting family, but after a new neighbor moves in, Bob begins to lose his powers.

Overall, this book is okay. There are some good ideas here, and the art is nice and fun to read, and certainly there's some emotional depth to plum with Bob's loss of powers. However, I felt more could have been done. There's a certain predictability about the plot if you've seen the film, so it's not great.

Still, there's some fun to be had her which make this an okay read.
Tracy
Jan 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid-stuff, me-likey
I'm trying to get my daughter into comic books. So I checked out a bunch of these from the library. In this episode, Mr. Incredible mysteriously begins to lose his powers and doesn't know why. His wife puts him on the equivalent of bed rest watching Jack Jack. It's only as he's watching the baby does he realize why he is losing his powers. Special appearance by Frozone (I always hear Sam Jackson as him) and Violet falls in love. What could be better? I think kids of all ages would enjoy this, of ...more
Debbie
Mar 03, 2010 rated it liked it
Oddly enough, I'd ILL'd an adult graphic novel titled Invincible: Family Matters, and this is what they got for me instead. Cute, and better than I expected when I first started it. In the story, Mr. Incredible is hiding from his family the fact that he's lost his powers, though there doesn't seem to be any reason why. Meanwhile, the family is trying to make "non-super" friends, so start doing things with their new neighbors. But it turns out at least one of the new neighbors has a secret, too-- ...more
Claire
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Quick fun read. Recommended if you're a fan of The Incredibles movie.

I should've read this one first. The Incredibles graphic novels aren't numbered or listed by volumes as far as I can tell, but this is the first one. Their listings on GoodReads are numbered, so that should help.
Fugo Feedback
Mar 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans, supongo
Recommended to Fugo by: Regalo
Lo tengo en la edición en cuatro revistas que salió con Clarín, creo.
Me leí los cuatro capítulos en veintipico de minutos y me encontré más o menos con lo que me esperaba: una historia normalita con dibujo a juego que adaptan bastante bien el espíritu de unos personajes tirando a simpáticos.
Melissa
I absolutely loved this. This book will provide a "fix" to those who really miss the Parrs. These guys translate really well into comics. Loved Doc (Edna's cousin). This book was everything I needed. I'm going to read it again before The Incredibles 2 comes out. :)
Melissa Mcavoy
Oct 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
A fun comic adventure based on the movie characters. Nothing super-special, but a pleasure for fans of the family.
Holly M.
Apr 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-books, comics
Good as well. Great for young readers.
Mark
Jan 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
A very nice translation of the characters to comic book form... looking forward to reading the other books in the series.
Sharon
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, comixology
Not a fan of the art or the regressive gender roles in the story.
Variaciones Enrojo
Feb 04, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: ed-usa, waid, takara
Tomo recopilatorio en su inglés original.
Emily
May 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-gn-manga
This was a fun comic and I would have loved to see this in cartoon form. I could absolutely hear the actors when reading the different characters.
J
Sep 15, 2011
Rick
Sep 05, 2009
Dony Grayman
Editado en argentina en su formato original de cuatro revistas a razón de un capítulo por número.
Mike
Oct 07, 2012
Jennifer Priester
Jun 05, 2015
Ephraim
Jul 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Mark Waid (born March 21, 1962 in Hueytown, Alabama) is an American comic book writer. He is best known for his eight-year run as writer of the DC Comics' title The Flash, as well as his scripting of the limited series Kingdom Come and Superman: Birthright, and his work on Marvel Comics' Captain America.

The Incredibles (5 books)
  • The Incredibles: City of Incredibles