Start by marking “The Rising Tide of Color Against White World-Supremacy” as Want to Read:
The Rising Tide of Color Against White World-Supremacy

The Rising Tide of Color Against White World-Supremacy

A reprint of a 1920 classic surveying the world racial situation after World War I and warning of the coming non-White population explosion. "The world-wide struggle between the primary races of mankind...bids fair to be the fundamental problem of the 20th century, and...perhaps the future." Lothrop Stoddard was regarded as an expert on demographics in his day. Stoddard's ...more
Published September 5th 2003 by University Press of Hawaii (first published 1921)

Be the first to ask a question about The Rising Tide of Color Against White World-Supremacy

Matthew W
Jan 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Mr. Stoddard did a good job predicting how the "rising tide of color" would overpower "white world-supremacy." Of course, it took the Europeans destroying each other (funded by certain international bankers) for the color world to not only gain power and sovereignty (to an extent), but to flood the European nations in the rising tide of anti-kultur (or what some call multi-"culturalism") internationalism. This book also goes great with Stoddard's "The Revolt Against Civilization" which also talk ...more
Farfignugen
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Farfignugen by: Amazon
This book was a depressing read.

I ended up with over 40 pages of quotes from the text after I was finished and exported the quotations from my Kindle. Needless to say, I cannot include all of that material into a single book review, but a decent summary I can do.

Stoddard's thesis, is simply put, that the humongous populations outside of the white world (Asia, Africa, Central and South America) are going to swamp the white race in its domains, not by force of arms, but by
Ananda Esteva
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
It's important to read this racist book.... the iconography and symbolism still exist today embedded in our media.

-A
Em
Jan 30, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I knew this book would be racist, but I didn't know it would also be so boring. I can handle the racism (it's useful to know the "arguments" advocating white-supremacy in order to debunk them) but I've got more interesting and relevant things to read.
Paul Magnussen
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was not quite what I expected.

Stoddard’s work, alongside that of Madison Grant, is frequently cited as planting the banner of Scientific Racism in the United States. Consequently, the tone of the book quite surprised me.

Racism

To what extent was Stoddard a racist?

To answer this question we need that seldom-found thing, a definition of racism that withstands more than momentary scrutiny. Thomas Sowell provides a useful one:

‘ “Racism” is a/> ...more
Najib
Feb 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book inspire me that Indonesia has opportunity to be a big country if it has audacity against US hegemony
John
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Know thy enemy. If you want to understand the underpinnings of early 20th century fascism and eugenics then start with this book. A clear understanding of history and modern events is helpful. If you can stomach the racist rhetoric it is an eye opener. Even the prediction of Gulf states induction of Africans as line troops in a struggle for religious hegemony has some merit. Every person of color should read this book. Don't worry about potentially filling the pockets of some dicey supremacist m ...more
Lisa
Jan 07, 2008 rated it it was ok
This book caught my attention during my research on affirmative action and the concept of "model minorities." I find it intriguing that the author definitely harbored white-supremacy leanings, yet was against caucasians interfering or supressing nations of color. Also, I've heard he made some startingly correct predictions on how certain ethnic groups would progress.
Fred R
Dec 11, 2010 rated it it was ok
Occasionally he talks sense. His racialism looks to me about as accurate or helpful as Marxism in terms of understanding history.

He seems to have understood (and predicted) the Japanese program fairly well. On the other hand, his theory that the Arab world would use Islam to convert Africans into shock troops for a coming civilizational war with the West seems quite bizarre, the short career of Umar Farouk Abdulmutallub notwithstanding.
Monique Jackson
Jul 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If your serious about learning how racism white supremacy works read this book.
Chet Ozmun
Aug 31, 2018
Sam Cox
May 09, 2016
Juanita
rated it did not like it
Feb 25, 2010
« previous 1 3 next »

• My Awakening: A Path to Racial Understanding
  • Hunter
  • Siege
  • For My Legionaries (the Iron Guard)
  • Man and Technics: A Contribution to a Philosophy of Life
  • Fascism Viewed from the Right
  • The Problem of Democracy
  • Archeofuturism
  • The Lightning and the Sun
  • Whiteness of a Different Color: European Immigrants and the Alchemy of Race
  • The Doctrine of Fascism
  • Against Democracy and Equality
  • Paved with Good Intentions: The Failure of Race Relations in Contemporary America
  • Liberty or Equality: The Challenge of Our Times
  • Confidence Men and Painted Women: A Study of Middle-class Culture in America, 1830-1870
  • Day of Reckoning: How Hubris, Ideology, and Greed Are Tearing America Apart
  • A Hundred Little Hitlers: The Death of a Black Man, the Trial of a White Racist, and the Rise of the Neo-Nazi Movement in America
  • A Century of Dishonor: A Sketch of the United States Government’s Dealings with some of the Indian Tribes
An American political scientist, historian, journalist, anthropologist, eugenicist, pacifist, and anti-immigration advocate.
“Throughout history there has been no single instance where a people, once become Moslem, has ever abandoned the faith.” 2 likes
“a better reading of history must bring home the truth that the basic factor in human affairs is not politics, but race.” 1 likes