Start by marking “Doctor Who: The Scapegoat (The New Eighth Doctor Adventures)” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: The Scapegoat (The New Eighth Doctor Adventures)

Doctor Who: The Scapegoat (Eighth Doctor Adventures #3.5)

3.44  ·  Rating details ·  132 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome to the Theatre des Baroque!"

Oh, but if you think you’ve seen and heard all that Paris by night has to offer... the exotic sights of Le Moulin Rouge, perhaps, or the horror tricks of Le Grand Guignol... if you think nothing could cause your mouth to dry and your heart to pound... you're wrong.

Ladies and gentlemen, mesdames et messieurs – not f
Published July 2009

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Steven
Jun 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
I remember listening to this before -- one of the more gruesome and intense of the 8th Doctor/Lucie Miller series. Poor Lucie gets to go through travail after travail here -- one almost thinks she must be related to Ace -- and the sound designer demonstrates some chilling talent in building the soundstage. Still chilling on the second visit.
A Bald Mage** Steve
May 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: doctor-who
Weird plain and simple.... 4/10
Jamie Revell
Feb 25, 2016 rated it liked it
One of the weaker 8th Doc offerings, this features goat-like aliens in Nazi-occupied Paris. The aliens, unfortunately, come across as a bit ridiculous, if rather unpleasant. The Gestapo, on the other hand, come across simply as buffoons, more the butt of a joke than anything else. And Lucie isn't terribly well used, either, doing a fair bit of screaming, and somehow deciding that the aliens really have to be just men in masks (after the number of indisputable aliens she's met?)

So, on the whole,
Mel
Jun 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-book
This was very odd and quite dark. Set in Nazi occupied France there was a theatre run by Goat headed aliens where people were killed over and over for the entertainment of the masses. It was a claustrophobic story and at times the plot seemed too absurd to be believable. The Gestapo and the 1940s setting seemed very strange set with the theatre which seemed more in keeping with Anne Rice's Theatre de Vampire in the 19th century. It was well done just really strange.
Nicholas Whyte
"This is occupied Paris, but not as we know it; I kept on thinking of the line from Douglas Adams about the enormous mutant star goat, whose smaller cousins are running a theatre near the Moulin Rouge where the Doctor and Lucie find themselves performing. I listened to it twice and am not sure I quite understood it but I enjoyed it."
Tabitha
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
This entire thing reminded me of something, but I can't put my finger on it. It was a bit darker than we've seen in a while, and I really enjoyed that. It's a nice theater mystery that's not what it seems.

When Lucie woke up in the dressing room she reminded me a lot of Rose... Wait, that's it! The theater in Penny Dreadful - that's what I was picturing in my mind while listening to this.
Christopher Buchanan
Different. Kinda odd. A little too far off on credulity but not bad. Not particularly to my taste but it was pretty decent.
Steven
Kelsie
rated it it was ok
Jun 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Pat Mills, born in 1949 and nicknamed 'the godfather of British comics', is a comics writer and editor who, along with John Wagner, revitalised British boys comics in the 1970s, and has remained a leading light in British comics ever since.

His comics are notable for their violence and anti-authoritarianism. He is best known for creating 2000 AD and playing a major part in the development of Judge
More about Pat Mills...

Eighth Doctor Adventures (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • Doctor Who: Blood of the Daleks, Part 1