Start by marking “The Next Evolution of Marketing: Connect with Your Customers by Marketing with Meaning” as Want to Read:

THE NEW LAW OF MARKETING

"The Next Evolution of Marketing is a true beacon for all brand builders. Many books claim that, Bob's book delivers."
Jim Stengel, former Global Marketing Officer, Procter & Gamble

"Some timeless truths restored for modern marketing--and many new ones added. An inspiring reminder of the value of brand behavior and how to make it happen."
Sir Martin So/>Sir/>"The
Published October 1st 2009 by McGraw-Hill Education (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Next Evolution of Marketing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Next Evolution of Marketing

Armando
Jul 09, 2012 rated it liked it
It has some very interesting points. I just re-heard it. The last third or so is aimed at big companies. When he gets to the part of how to implement it, the author keeps going back to "you should do this or that with your team". I found "Duct Tape Marketing" to be more attuned to the needs of small businesses, where the owner has to do most of the legwork.
Sam
Aug 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Do I like meaningful marketing or what it seeks to do to consumers? Not really. Am I glad to understand it better as someone with no professional interest in the industry? Absolutely! Bob Gilbreath has written a dense, passionate appeal to colleagues that the public deserves better than interruption and that marketers are capable of offering them campaigns that they can genuinely appreciate in and of itself.

That said, Gilbreath extrapolates campaigns and success in ways that are inev
Derek Leedy
A good overview on the fundamentals of marketing and their application in May 2010. Pertinent information and timely examples. I take exception with a few of the author's assertions on measurement being applicable across all media. Unfortunately, though we're much better than Wanamaker's 50% waste, advertising is ultimately not completely quantifiable. No guts, no glory - you can follow your Googe Analytics all day and it won't tell you what to do at night. A marketer has to make some hard choic ...more
Jock Mcclees
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
I couldn't decide whether to give a 2 or 3. It was primarily aimed at large companies. And the idea of providing value to people instead of just a sales pitch is kind of standard in internet marketing and no big news but maybe is a big deal to more traditional marketing and advertising. I listened to it on CD. It was interesting hearing what larger companies had done. There were ideas that smaller companies could potentially pull from it.
Mark Sequeira
May 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is THE best, newer book on marketing. It should be required reading for EVERY new marketing person coming out of school, and a required change in the way long-time marketing people think.

If you are a small to medium-sized business, read this first (besides maybe "Guerrilla Marketing" or other works by Ries and Trout or Levinson), before adopting all the other ideas people have re: marketing or advertising your company.
Michael Tarpinian
“Marketing with Meaning—The Breakthrough Strategy for Connecting with Customers! The old interruptive model of marketing doesn’t work. Customers are tuning out. They no longer listen to in-your-face messages. Instead, they demand meaning in the brands they buy and the marketing that reaches them.“

No application or examples for small businesses.
K
Mar 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
Very much of a disappointment. I was expecting to glean ideas of how to use new technology to reach out to customers of my organization, and, instead, got a long book justifying how advertising agencies can still market for large, brand name products. I read to the end, hoping it would redeem itself, but it didn't.
Jon Kruse
Oct 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Slightly outdated already. My biggest problem was all the examples were from big business, design a second website, app or game. I do agree that in order to succeed in marketing today, brands need to provide value (marketing with meaning).
Luciano Palma
Jul 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
The idea of meaninful market is definitely important. People don't want interruption; they just want a little help to solve their problems or to turn their wishes into reality.
Elena
Oct 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Packed-full with examples that made even a non-marketeer like me get what marketing with meaning is, why it's the way to go and how to do it. It even got me excited about it!
Anna Vc
May 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Decent explanation of how to implement meaningful marketing through case studies. The book became a little one-note and overly repetitive towards the end.
Kari
rated it it was ok
May 23, 2014
Ilona
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book that has a ton of great case studies from huge companies about meaningful marketing that brings value to consumers. Weird that it needed to be done and it's not common sense that marketing must provide actual value to people, but sure, why not. In this sense, the book is awesome.

I don't see why other reviewers are upset about the fact that the examples here are from big corporations. I mean, the book provides a method and ton of suggestions. If you read this, you must be working either in
Mario Russo
Apr 29, 2014
Tijmen Bruggeman
Dec 21, 2014
Warren Sukernek
rated it did not like it
Feb 15, 2010