Start by marking “Channeling Morpheus for Scary Mary (Channeling Morpheus, #1-5)” as Want to Read:
Channeling Morpheus for Scary Mary (Channeling Morpheus, #1-5)

Channeling Morpheus for Scary Mary

(Channeling Morpheus/Sweet Oblivion #1-5)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  472 Ratings  ·  86 Reviews
Michael is a waif in eyeliner who's determined to wipe vampires off the face of the earth. Wild Bill's got the hots for Michael, and will stop at nothing to go home with him. Forget about moonlit castles and windswept moors. These bad boys haunt all-night diners and cheap motels, cut-rate department stores and long, lonely stretches of the Interstate. Ride along with Wild ...more
Published June 17th 2009 by Jcp Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Channeling Morpheus for Scary Mary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Channeling Morpheus for Scary Mary

Ingie
Written June 15, 2015.

photo 5ad522d3-25eb-4338-8d6d-499205859793_zpshpve8ntz.jpg  photo 5ad522d3-25eb-4338-8d6d-499205859793_zpshpve8ntz.jpg  photo 5ad522d3-25eb-4338-8d6d-499205859793_zpshpve8ntz.jpg  photo 5ad522d3-25eb-4338-8d6d-499205859793_zpshpve8ntz.jpg

4 Stars - Fascinating, sexy and pretty bloody. A real yummy wild vampire tale

Novella part #1, 2, 3, 4 and 5

I'm once again on a Jordan Castillo Price wagon. Wacky, amusing, twisted, romantic, mysterious and raw sexy. Possibly more smex than story in the beginning but I liked anyway. It will soon be more.

Half done and it is worth four fascinating stars.

*********************************************************

A day ago I finished my listening to the 7:44 hrs audiob
Shurrn
Absolute Perfection!
"You'd almost make a good vamp-hunting wingman, the way you wear your heart on your sleeve. Pain, longing, loneliness... especially loneliness. Vamps feed off that just as much as the blood. We can see it shining in the darkness. It calls to us. You're like one of those backyard bug zappers. Irresistible."
This was a phenomenal set of stories - completely addictive - the kind of narrative you want to binge read and then read again because you're having so much fun. My per
Vivian
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, this probably would be better read individually with a bit of time between each section because the story is character oriented with the emphasis on sex as the meeting point between Michael and Wild Bill. It's great, hot, dirty sex, but it's a lot to take in.
I did my best to play it cool, but the gut-churning jealousy I’d been feeling turned to lust at the idea of my not-boyfriend killing someone just for touching me.

Part 1: Payback
HOT. Gritty hookup ending with a new trail.

Part 2: Verti
Otila
Jun 12, 2015 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook-lendable
asdfghjkl!

Thanks to my friends for an awesome Buddy Read!
Kat ☠
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who want to stay friends with me
Recommended to Kat ☠ by: rube - but it was more of a case of enthusiastic fanboying rather than a rec
Re-read from April 17th-19th

Just as much lubricating of the nethers happened the second time around as it did on the first read. Recommended.

***************

(I wanna do bad things with Wild Bill but that's neither here nor there.)

This. This is why I love reading. This is why I love Jordan Castillo Price. This is why I will read anything and everything by Jordan Castillo Price. She takes something I usually have no interest in reading (vampires) and makes me devour it quicker than your most bloo
Jordan Price
Oct 02, 2009 marked it as wrote  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Once I was asked to make Payback (Channeling Morpheus 1) into a series, I plotted out the other four novelettes to be Michael's arc, his journey to discovering who he was and where he fit into the world. The subsequent 5 novellas (which will be a second paperback) is Wild Bill's arc.
Karen
3.5 vampy stars rounded down to 3 because still no 1/2 stars here on GR.

Well the vamp may be dead or is that undead?...but...

The libido lives on and on...

So let's start this round up with some full disclosure. While I do own the e-books. What I'm reviewing here are the audiobooks for what basically amounts to the first half of Jordan Castillo Price's series Channeling Morpheus. I was fortunate enough to attend GRL last October and it afforded me the opportunity to meet a number of authors amon
Jilrene ♥
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Awesome, awesome, AWESOME narrator! Story is pretty good, too.
Karen Wellsbury
I was hesitant on starting this, as a couple of people kept telling me,it's all sex, little plot.
I can only imagine they had read the beginning and stopped.

Yes, there is sex, and yes it's right on page from the first, but it emphasizes and undercuts the relationship between Micheal and Wild Bill, and it leads somewhere. They are also some of the best written sex scenes i have read.

Micheal and Wild Bill profoundly, and literally, change each other/ In a relatively short amount of time who is the
Lori
Review:
Everyone has a go-to, auto-buy author, and Jordan Castillo Price is one of mine. And her audio-books are one of my favourites because I REALLY love Gomez Pugh's narration. Even with that in mind I was a tad unsure about this one, it's not that I don't like vampires, I do, even the sparkly ones but they felt so done. I didn't want to listen to something that I've heard before or read before. I should have learnt my lesson with Magic Mansion, I think I've got to accept that if Jordan Castil
Kathryn
Aug 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I am devoted and addicted to Jordan Castillo Price. She can do no wrong. Her characters are memorable and original and are people I wish I knew in the real world, but I'm probably better off not knowing. Price combines so many of my favorite fictional attributes, and she does so in books that are too damn short! This book includes the first 5 of her Channeling Morpheus series. If you have read and loved anything by the author before, then break down and buy the book, as it is a much better deal ...more
Therese
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
So, there is not really lot going on in these 5 stories. There is sex. And then there is some more sex. And to top it off, there is mega-orgasm sex. After all, Michael is only 21, and has quite a lot of stamina! (hence the 4th star).

There is a kind-of Buffy story line going on in the beginning, and the two main characters are interesting to read about. And the sex is really well written, all of it (although not surprisingly sometimes a bit repetitive).
However… there is actually for me, shocking
Breann
4.5 hearts

"Mallet? Check. Wooden stake- hickory, of course? Check. Crucifix? Check. Holy water? Check. Eyeliner? Check."

This was on page one and all I could think was OMG THERE'S GUYLINER.

Then we met Wild Bill...

"He was... amazing. Tall and lean, with ripped up jeans and spiked blond hair, earrings, a snake tattoo on his neck and chipped black nail polish."

Well, fuck me, could they be any sexier?

Ah yes, I found that they can.
Dreamer
Adored this vampire serialisation from the incomparable Jordan Castillo Price. Some great edgy humour and seriously hot sex between vampire Wild Bill and goth-boy/vampire hunter Michael.

'I nearly jumped out of my skin when Bill knocked on the window. I rolled it down, and he propped himself on his elbows in the window opening. "I take your current state of unnakedness to mean that I can't interest you in a tumble."

"You can't solve everything by fucking." Shit. Had I actually said that? Out loud?
Tatiana
A series of sexual encounters between a vampire and a would-be vampire hunter. Lovely writing, interesting characters, but I wanted more plot and character development, and WAY less sex.
Mtsnow13
The stories: this series of short novelettes was originally set up as a serial, and all I can say is I'm thankful I got to read it all in one go, as this series is like a drug, or your favorite addiction. I'd have gone crazy with only little tidbits of Wild Bill and Michael. This set of books is more about Michael, and the next boxed set allows us to learn more about Wild Bill.Michael. A young, 21-yr-old, long-haired, eyeliner-wearing, silver-eyed gay goth boy.. Or man, I should say. He reads li ...more
Scarletine
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just when i thought i was well and truly done with vamps...I find a have an audible credit burning a hole in my account.

I am notoriously very choosy when it comes to audio books. They have to be a minimum of 5 hours long, to get my money's worth, and the narrator has to be male, (if i wanted a female narrator i would just read aloud to myself!) Also, the narrator mustn't just read, but perform the story, with lots of voices and dramatic pauses.

A friend recommended 'Channeling Morpheus for Scar
Melyna
I started off with Magic Mansion and moved into PsyCop by Jordan Castillo Price. I almost passed up Channeling Morpheus because it was a vampire book and I thought that I was through with that phase. (insert eye roll at myself)
I was so wrong. I listened it because is was JCP. She doesn't do "Typical", she does gritty, edgy, sexy (lots of sexy) with a dash of humor and a depth to her characters that draws me in and keeps me invested in their story from the first word to the last. I enjoyed her ta
Dante Love Fisher
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Everyone is going to think I'm a freak!

This was good! Hell, it had a sexy vampire and a man in eyeliner, what's not to like? The thing is, this is a collection of a serialized story, which were originally released 2 months apart and I think the stories benefit from a few weeks between reading.

After reading the first three right in a row, I spaced the other 2 out because reading them straight through, it was almost like a non-stop fuckfest.

It wasn't as appealing as it sounds. Yeah! I was surpri
Maya
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Audible Edition

This is an amazing book and one of my favorite vamp pairings of all time! Michael and Wild Bill set pages, or in this case, my ears on fire. It’s erotic, twisted, funny, dark, sad and sweet all rolled in together.

Gomez Pugh’s narration has exceeded all of my expectations. The story is told with alternating POV’s and both Michael and Wild Bill have very distinct and clear voices. With Michael, I can almost feel his sadness and determination and with Wild Bill’s voice? Oh, how I lo
Sandra
This is a great little series of shorts. I don't like it quote as much as her PsyCop series, but I think that's just because of te length. I like to have shorts to read but these were well developed andconplex and could certainly have been full-length if she'd wanted. This series continues as Sweet Oblivion which is just as good.
Paul
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not being a fan of vamp novels I missed that part as an impulse buy. That said it was OK
Erin (PT)
Mar 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
In recent years, I have not really been a vampire fan. It's a truth that's hard to spot, given that I continue to read the Anita Blake and the Southern Vampire books and True Blood is still appointment watching for me, but it's true, even so. A good story will always suck me in, but a vamp story will seldom get a second look from me to even find out if it's good.

Which is why it was both a surprise and delight that I enjoyed reading Jordan Castillo Price's Channeling Morpheus for Scary Mary so m
Mtsnow13
Mel
Jun 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, erotica
To everyone coming into this story and expecting another PsyCop-like series, you are warned: this is nothing like it. The Channeling Morpheus /Sweet Oblivion series is not urban fantasy. It's erotic horror. The focus is mainly on the sex. Very hot sex might I add, but a strong plot line and in depth characterization is not on the menu.

But that's not to say the series isn't engaging. I really liked the compilation of short stories about Michael and Wild Bill. I liked their physical and figurativ
Toni FGMAMTC
Nov 25, 2016 rated it liked it

This book has tons of sex. I actually loved the storyline and the bits that dug in, like when the vamp almost got the best of him, the one with the creepy dead people decorating her house, and when they went to the compound with vamps that were draining the girl. Oi, freaky! I liked that stuff, and I did of course like the sexy, but I would have liked more of the hunting and fighting to balance the sex. Bill's sarcasm was entertaining. Toward the end, I liked how I could feel the love b
Becky Black
Excellent audio version of the stories - and it's very interesting to listen to the five of them all together rather than reading one at a time with gaps between. They work well as single episodes, but fit together beautifully as a single story too.

The narrator is the same as the one for the Psycop series, but don't worry, he sounds different enough that you won't think of Vic at all. And when he does the voice of Dr. Harman it's like there's suddenly a different narrator entirely.

Can't wait for
Gaby
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Gotta keep this short. I read the Series a few months ago and was curious about the audiobook. I mostly liked it, but for some reason I enjoyed the read version than the audio one.

If you love hot vamps and you haven't read/listened to Channeling Morpheus do yourself a favor and pick this up immediately. It's fun, hot, and so darn good! You will not regret this ;)
KatieMc
May 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Hot dirty vamps.
Jordan Castillo P...: Channeling Morpheus for Scary Mary boxed set 18 14 Apr 16, 2015 05:27AM
  • Deceptions (Soul Mates, #2)
  • Blacque/Bleu (Arcada #3)
  • Master of Ghouls (Spectr #2)
  • Fangs and Lullabies (The Demons Age, #1)
  • The Darkling Thrush
  • Soulless
  • What Hides Inside (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #2)
  • Amara: The Rebirth
  • Games & Players (The Administration, #3)
  • Spirit Sanguine (Sanguine, #1)
  • The Usual Apocalypse (The Society #2)
  • Cinder (Blood Nation, #2)
  • Loving Luki Vásquez (Vásquez & James, #1)
Author and artist Jordan Castillo Price is the owner of JCP Books LLC. Her paranormal thrillers are colored by her time in the midwest, from inner city Chicago, to small town Wisconsin, to liberal Madison.

Jordan is best known as the author of the PsyCop series, an unfolding tale of paranormal mystery and suspense starring Victor Bayne, a gay medium who's plagued by ghostly visitations. Also check

Channeling Morpheus/Sweet Oblivion (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Payback (Channeling Morpheus, #1)
  • Vertigo (Channeling Morpheus,  #2)
  • Manikin (Channeling Morpheus, #3)
  • Heaven Sent (Channeling Morpheus, #3.1)
  • Tainted (Channeling Morpheus, #4)
  • Rebirth (Channeling Morpheus, #5)
  • Brazen (Channeling Morpheus, #6)
  • Snare (Channeling Morpheus/Sweet Oblivion, #7)
  • Fluid (Channeling Morpheus/Sweet Oblivion, #8)
  • Swarm (Channeling Morpheus/Sweet Oblivion, #9)