Start by marking “Desires of a Perfect Lady (Lost City #3)” as Want to Read:
Desires of a Perfect Lady (Lost City #3)

Desires of a Perfect Lady (Lost City #3)

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  968 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews
A secret list of the desires of Lady Olivia Rathbourne:

1. Disregard convention
2. Follow my heart
3. Bed the Earl of Wyldewood

A decade ago, Olivia had expected to marry the Earl of Wyldewood, only to have happiness stolen from her before his ring could be placed upon her finger. Now he stands before her, as proud and arrogant and handsome as ever, vowing to rescue her. W
Mass Market Paperback, 377 pages
Published March 30th 2010 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Desires of a Perfect Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desires of a Perfect Lady

boogenhagen
BJ Rose
Jun 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: a-regency, series
Isalys
Mar 08, 2010 rated it liked it
*Note: Read and reviewed for The Season for Romance.

Viscountess Olivia Rathbourne and Sterling Harrington were once young and hopelessly in love. Just before the announcement of their engagement, Sterling was approached by Olivia’s father with news that she no longer loved Sterling and was to marry a wealthy antiques collector instead. Heartbroken, Sterling banishes Olivia from his life…but never from his thoughts!

Olivia has been trapped in a cruel and unhappy marriage for the past ten years. S
Jessi
Sep 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Tone: Determined, Adventurous, Hopeful
Setting: England, London, Egypt, Cairo, Italy, Venice, Ships, Exotic
Characterization: Widow, Childhood sweethearts, Strong heroine, Stuffy Hero, Wounded
Language: Straight-forward
Pacing: Fast-paced
Other Elements: Spousal abuse, Antiquities, Antique collectors, Treasure hunts

First Line: "'We aren't supposed to be up here,' Sterling Harrington said in his best I-will-be-the-Earl-of-Wyldewood-one-day voice."

I enjoyed this story quite a bit. The heroine, Olivia,
Judy
May 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Sterling Harrington is the oldest brother and now Earl of Wyldewood. He was in love with Olivia ten years ago and they were going to get married. Only two days after that decision she was married to someone else.

Ten years of misery between them and now she needs his help. Her husband was a mean and cruel man and she is not sad he was murdered. He has left his will in such a way though that he still has control of her. She needs to complete 3 of his collections or live on the small amount of mone
Patria
Jun 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Mindy
Apr 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by Victoria Alexander and I must say I'm glad I picked it up. The cover is what initially drove me to it...the colors are just so lush!! The characters are well written and the heroine is believable. She only wants to be rid of the memories of an unhappy marriage and she willing to do whatever it takes. I must say I loved Olivia Rathbourne because she is strong but not overbearing but still in a way not to sure of herself. As for Sterling Harrington he is willi ...more
Kindaangelic
May 04, 2010 rated it it was ok
I had a problem with this book.....what man in*love* doesnt question his soon to be bride's deciding he wasnt rich enough to marry??? Umm...especially since it was a so called love match, didnt ring true to me. Even tho the earl was suppose to be stuffy,rigid and prideful,wasnt that suppose to be AFTER she left him for someone else?? Yea...not too into this one. 1st book in series was great...this one....not so much. Maybe the next will be better....heres hoping...
Virginia
Apr 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Interesting plot as well as adventurous. Plus, the new Earl of Wyldewood (the great-grandson of Alexander's characters from her book, The Perfect Wife) is stodgy, but has a hilarious fear. Well, I thought it was hilarious, anyway.

This wasn't the most exciting or brilliant story, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
Tiffany
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite authors. Victoria Alexander never disappoints me.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 22, 2016 06:08PM
  • How I Met My Countess (Bachelor Chronicles, #6)
  • The Secret Duke (Malloren, #10)
  • To Tame a Dangerous Lord (Courtship Wars, #5)
  • The Earl Claims His Wife (Scandals and Seductions, #2)
  • In Bed with the Duke (Governess Brides, #9)
  • The Bride Wore Scarlet (Fraternitas Aureae Crucis, #2)
  • Rushed to the Altar (Blackwater Brides #1)
  • A Lady's Guide to Improper Behavior (Adventurers’ Club #2)
  • Secrets of a Perfect Night
  • An Earl to Enchant (The Rogues' Dynasty #3)
  • The Duke's Night of Sin (Seven Deadly Sins, #3)
  • A Gentleman Always Remembers (Willowmere, #2)
  • Don't Bargain with the Devil (School for Heiresses, #5)
  • The Courtesan's Secret (The Courtesan Chronicles #2)
  • Not Quite a Lady (Carsington Brothers, #4)
  • The Earl of Her Dreams
  • Royal's Bride (Bride's Trilogy, #1)
  • My Darling Caroline

New York Times bestselling author Victoria Alexander was an award winning television reporter until she discovered fiction was much more fun than real life. She turned to writing full time and is still shocked it worked out.

Since the publication of her first book in 1995,
More about Victoria Alexander...

Lost City (3 books)
  • The Perfect Wife (Lost City, #1)
  • The Virgin's Secret (Lost City, #2)