Start by marking “SEO Made Simple: Strategies for Dominating the World's Largest Search Engine” as Want to Read:
SEO Made Simple: Strategies for Dominating the World's Largest Search Engine

SEO Made Simple: Strategies for Dominating the World's Largest Search Engine

New version available! SEO Made Simple is now in its 4th edition. Visit the SEO Made Simple (fourth edition) page for more information. http: //www.amazon.com/SEO-Made-Simple-4th-Ed... More Than 30,000 Copies Sold! The original SEO Made Simple: Strategies for Dominating the World's Leading Search Engine, is a tell-all guide for anyone trying to reach the highly coveted #1 ...more
Published May 5th 2009 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published May 20th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about SEO Made Simple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SEO Made Simple

Start your review of SEO Made Simple: Strategies for Dominating the World's Largest Search Engine
Michael Fleischner
Getting ranked for your chosen keywords can take a good deal of work, but it's simple. As long as you're open to trying a few new things and applying what you learn, you can dramatically improve your search engine rankings and start benefiting from attracting tons of hungry buyers to your website.

This year's SEO Made Simple Guide has more powerful techniques than ever before. The book has been fully updated to take advantage of Google's latest algorithm changes. In particular, I've updated the
Marvin
Dec 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: launch_deck
Very brief and concise primer - great if you are new to SEO. I've noticed that there are also quite a few grammatical and punctuational errors throughout the book.

As SEO is a constantly evolving creature, I would recommend supplementing this book with additional online learning (forums are particularly good for this topic).
Apr 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic book. Before reading I knew nothing about SEO. This shows you what to do and how to do it. I heard Mike speak at a recent event and learned more in one hour that some of the "gurus" could probably teach you in a life time. The author gives you the information you need without talking down to you and best of all, its very actionable. Looking forward to applying these amazing techniques.
Cyndi
Mar 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm new to SEO and was looking for a book that could provide an introduction along with specific techniques. It provided a good foundation and now I'm much more knowledgeable on the different ways to implement SEO.
Michael Fleischner
This is the second, updated version of SEO Made Simple and includes some excellent updates and techniques. If you want to see how to build links effectively and improve search engine results, this is the guide you want.
Jason Galloway
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I had one of our employees, Nikki, read this easy to use book to make some changes to our website. I recommend it.
Patrick Pilz
Mar 17, 2015 rated it did not like it
dated and very basic. If you are approaching SEO for the first time, then this book may be the first to blow through to warm up on the topic.
Alicia
May 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-on-kindle
This book was concise and easy to understand. I liked that the steps listed would be easy for anyone to follow.
Robert Morschel
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A short but essential read for anyone wanting to get serious about SEO.
Sean
I'm reserving judgement until I find out if I'm going to be Westfield's next social media/web manager.
Mike
Oct 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
Simple tips to improve your standing on search engines. I don't know how well it works yet, but the advice seems to make sense.

Bethany
Oct 25, 2012 rated it liked it
some great advice for people looking to learn SEO! Lots of ideas to try out!
Diana Weaver
May 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
A basic primer on Seo.
Greg
Jul 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Generally a good book, but it's really outdated in many topics. SEO is changing too fast
Nacho Bassino
Aug 03, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Bastante básico, pero para tener los conceptos generales suma.
Renee
Oct 12, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: work
Simple & easy to follow. Needs to be edited.
Nikki Madigan
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: marketing-sm
This book came out in 2009. Sadly, most of the information is out of date by now in terms of SEO. I recommend checking out other books, though as a quick refresher, this one might be okay.
Alexander Kittilsen
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Short but straight to the point on SEO. Ill hang on to this book for future SEO work. ...more
Timothy Michael Lewis
Mar 31, 2017
Joseph Chinnock
Feb 06, 2015
Everett
rated it did not like it
Jun 04, 2017
Apr 30, 2019
F.J. Harmon
Mar 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Simplify Your Life: 100 Ways to Slow Down and Enjoy the Things That Really Matter
  • Marketing 4.0
  • How Do I Do That in Photoshop?: The Quickest Ways to Do the Things You Want to Do, Right Now!
  • Focal Point: A Proven System to Simplify Your Life, Double Your Productivity, and Achieve All Your Goals
  • The Rules of Work: The Unspoken Truth about Getting Ahead in Business
  • El arte de los monólogos cómicos: Cómo crearlos e interpretarlos (Taller de Teatro)
  • Effective Interviews: The Essential Guide to Thinking and Working Smarter.
  • Book of Stress Survival
  • SAS Survival Handbook: How to Survive in the Wild, in Any Climate, on Land or at Sea
  • Gritos Silenciosos
  • Persuasion: The Art of Influencing People
  • Wage slaves: En memoar av en prekär migrantarbetare
  • Conversar y convencer

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

Related Articles

“Section One Summary Here’s what you should take away from this section about on-page optimization:         On-page optimization is what you do on your website to influence SERPs on Google.         Doing proper keyword research is the first step to a successful SEO campaign.         Having proper meta tags is essential. Always include your keyword phrase(s) in your meta tags.         The proper meta tags include your title tag, description tag, keywords tag, and robots tag.         Choose your URL carefully. Your URL doesn’t have to have your keyword included but it helps when other sites link to your site. Avoid exact match domains.         How you format your page is important for optimization purposes.         Make sure you design your web pages so Google is forced to read your on-page content first.         Verify that your code is W3C compliant.         Don’t forget to include your keyword phrase(s) in , , and header tags. This signifies the importance of your content to Google.         Label each graphic with an alt tag that includes your keyword phrase.         Place your keyword(s) in the first twenty-five words on your web page and the last twenty-five words on your web page.         Eliminate Flash if it’s the main presentation of your website. Google does not view this favorably.         If you’re going to use JavaScript to enhance the overall visitor experience of your website, place the code in an external file.         Include a sitemap that’s easily accessible by Google. Submit an XML version of your sitemap through Google Webmaster Tools.          Never underestimate the power of internal linking. A good internal linking structure can improve your SERPs.          Keyword development is one of the most important on-page optimization strategies.          Research keywords and competing websites to select ideal keywords.          Research the strength of competing websites before selecting your final keywords using Google PR and authority (ex: number of inbound links).          Page load speed is a significant factor in Google rankings. Ensure that your home page loads more quickly than those of competing ” 0 likes