Start by marking “Savor Me Slowly (Alien Huntress, #3)” as Want to Read:
Savor Me Slowly (Alien Huntress, #3)

Savor Me Slowly (Alien Huntress #3)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  5,412 Ratings  ·  202 Reviews

HALF HUMAN, HALF MACHINE...ALL WOMAN

Mishka Le'Ace was created to be an undercover operative...literally. Her beautiful body has been mechanically augmented to give her superhuman strength -- strength she's going to need. Her latest mission sends her to rescue Alien Investigation and Removal agent Jaxon Tremain from torture and death. With him, she discovers a passion un

Published August 18th 2009 by Pocket Star (first published December 26th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Savor Me Slowly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Savor Me Slowly

~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Okay.. Where do I begin... This book was very deep. The dynamic between Jaxon and Mishka was beyond awesome. Again all the characters I loved and Hated equally, but that's good! Even though I understood Mia's motivation, there were times when even she should not have been allowed to do what she was doing. Action was great, Hilarious, and oh so sexy!! The villians I even loved to hate.

It takes a strong soul, man or woman to not only be real & honest with themselves, but to do the same for the
Catherine
This is a reread for me. I read it for the first time years ago, and it was the book that introduced me to Gena Showalter. My original grade for it was 5 Stars but it seems like my tastes have changed a little over the years because this time around I have to give it 4 Stars.

If you're reading this series in order and are about to start this one, you should know that this book is written in third person. The first two books, Awaken Me Darkly and Enslave Me Sweetly, were written in first person a
Zeek
Feb 15, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although this is the third book in Showalter's Alien Huntress series, it was the first I've read thanks to one of my book sharing bud's. Now I'm going to have to go back and read the first two because I enjoyed this one!

SMS is a passionate, you're-the-one-for-me type of love story, with steamy enough sex to satisfy even me! It's also a fun futuristic paranormal too boot. What sets this series apart from some of the other paranormal romances out there is the fact that the protags and baddies are
valee
Dec 10, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I like this series but I'm just NOT crazy about it. I'm not even sure if I would recommend it. I mean, it's good, I'm having a nice time reading it but it's definitely not one of those reads you'll treasure and try to remember forever.

This book IMHO wasn't as good as the last one. I just never clicked with the two main characters, I was way more interested in other things that were going on. It was a nice read though, I do like the Aliens theme and the not-knowing-what-will-happen-next feeling
Lyndi
Nov 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this the first time I read it. I remember liking it a lot, though I don't remember much of what happened.

But trying to reread it now is just not happening. I've been desperately skimming and skipping because I'm just so fucking bored with it. So I wonder if maybe my tastes have changed. Or maybe I'm just not in the mood. I dunno. I'm not changing my rating, either way.
Future Slayer Girl
Apr 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
It's been so long since I've read a Gena Showalter book, that I totally forgot how amazing her world building is. I mean, I'm totally in awe of this Sci-fi world that she created. Did I expect a tad bit more of our the infamous L'ace's books? Yes. But as a whole the story is strong and sets up an even more broad story arc that I have no doubt will hold up until the end of the series!
Nourhenne Sahli
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I usually don't read sci fi cuz they re not my fav genre but I saw the cover of the book and his title it attract me so I bought it and said what the hack why I don't try it maybe  it s gonna turn out to be something good and from the first pages of the book it hooked me the writing style the caracteres and the plot it were all harmonised so well to create this masterpiece tye writing style is so exquisite and make u droll and always wanting for me and windering what it gonna happen next . And i ...more
Karissa
Dec 30, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in the Alien Huntress series and I really did not like it all that much. Compared with the previous two books this one definitely fell solidly into the romance category; way too much page space was given to the main characters needing each other, owning each other, and forgetting what they were doing because they weren't together.

In this book Mishka rescues Jaxon (he appeared as Mia Snow's co-worker in the first Alien Huntress novel) from torture by Otherworlders. Mishka i
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
The 3rd book in the Alien Huntress series, but its actually the first one written with a third person POV. I enjoyed this aspect of the book. I can say I would've love to see Lucius thoughts in the previous book. So job well done with this one!

We meet Mishka, who is sort of an assassin. She's really not human, not completely. She was created in a lab and has parts that are robot. I loved the voice in her head that was a bit of a computer processor. 5% chance of this, 90% chance of success at tha
Anja
Nov 07, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
When I start reading the book I thought I might gonna really like it, because I liked Jaxon before and still like him throughout the book and I thought L'Ace would be a interesting character, but throughout the story I didn't really was fond of her. I thought she had great potential, but she didn't meet my expectations. It reminded be a bit of Terminator: Salvation and Marcus - human/machine - and the movie made me feel for him, but the book didn't make me feel for L'Ace. She didn't like her sit ...more
Hbeebti
This has to be my favorite so far. Loved Jaxon's story. There was so much that I loved I am not sure where to begin. Can I just say that Mia was in there and she was a major bitch. I mean seriously! Then there was Dallas that was being protective of his friend but was a jerk. UGH!! I wanted the smack them. Le'Ace was wonderful and perfect for Jaxon. My heart went out to her after all that she went thru.This book had me anxious to find out what was going to happen next! The ending was so sweet an ...more
Karenfaith
Nov 18, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cover
I liked the idea of the book but I didn't like how it was executed. With h Le'Ace being half machine and all, it could have taken many directions but it was so generic. Same goes with H. For a scarred hero, his backstory was so poor. Other than that it was an ok read.
(view spoiler)
Rita
This was good, but I really wasn't all the way on board with the Heroine. Especially when she had issues with Mia and vice versa. But the story to me, didn't get concluded. We should have seen the queen arrive and dealt with. She should have been key to solving the problem. Nolan could have survived. We also should have seen the shock in Estep eyes, when he realizes he can no longer control Mischa. I absolutely love that Devyn and the AIR team are more involved.
Wan
Jan
Allright.
Ever since I bumped into the cover of the 6th book in this series, I've been tempted by its hotness. It's shallow, and normally I'm totally not the judge a book by its cover type, but seriously, that is one hot damn cover.

Dark Taste of Rapture (Alien Huntress, #6) by Gena Showalter

But most of my friends don't like Showalter, and I tried her other series once, and it totally didn't work for me, so I didn't really want to read it. But that cover was so delicious...

So yeah, in the end my inner horny teen totally won out, and I decided I should try
Lauren
Savor Me Slowly
4 Stars

Engineered and programmed to be a heartless killer, Mishka Le’Ace has accepted the cold and lonely existence forced upon her by her creators and has reconciled herself to never loving or being loved. That is until she is sent to rescue AIR agent Jaxon Tremain and he gets under her skin. Tortured by the memories of his past, Jaxon has vowed never to get too close to a woman, but something about Mishka touches him deeply and ignites a passion between them that can and will ov
Tanya Davis
Savor Me Slowly by Gena Showalter is the third book in the Alien Huntress series. This story features Jaxon Tremain and Mishka Le'Ace. Jaxon is an agent through and through and despite incomprehensible torture, refuses to discuss his case with his captors. Then along comes Le'Ace to free him. Unfortunately, she is after the same info his original captors were after and it is hard for Jaxon to determine just who Le'Ace is playing for.

Le'Ace is half human, half machine and her every move is contro
PepperP0t
Even through the pain and bruises of a brutal beating Jaxon Tremain is attracted to Mishka Le’Ace who neither is certain if she is there to kiss or kill him until the very last moment. But he isn’t alone in this attraction and Mishka is definitely “feeling human” about him as well. Her latest assignment: to rescue the kidnapped AIR agent from his particularly brutal aliens captors; find out if he has given them any information; and get Jaxon to pass that same information onto her. Every relation ...more
Laura the Highland Hussy
Okay, so I wasn't sure what I was in for with this one, and it was so freakin' good that I put the kids to bed early to read it! I could NOT put it down!
Mishka was created in a lab to be the ultimate weapon/soldier/assasain. But no one counted on the fact that while she may have been created, she was still a person. She is ordered to obtain captured A.I.R. agent Jaxon and if he hasn't spilled his secrets to the deleseans, to get him to trust Mishka and spill to her...by any means necessary. And
Vanessa theJeepDiva
WOW, best in the series so far. The couples from the first two books were back and had major roles in this book. I love it when characters still continue to have roles in later books in a series. This book is nonstop & keeps you guessing the entire time. We know from book one the Mia has premonitions on account of her Arcadian half. We know that Dallas is alive only because he has taken in a large amount of Arcadian blood. Well he sees Jaxon dying in one of his premonitions. Jaxon’s friends ...more
Kathrynn
This is one of my favorite authors! Usually her books make me laugh--a lot. I really liked her "Playing with Fire" and "Nymph King." She has a great sense of humor.

It has been so long since I read the two preceding Alien Huntress books--I vaguely remembered them; therefore, I'm going out on a limb here in saying this could be read without reading the other two and you should still enjoy it. I remembered abit about Mia Snow and I remembered the golden skin alien was being hunted for her skin and
Theresa
Mar 05, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, 2008, fantasy-pnr
Eh.

The book wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. I have heard such positive things about Gena Showalter's books and the premise to this book sounded interesting.

Over halfway through the book, I kept finding reasons to put it down and do other things. I wasn't engaged with the characters and was getting increasingly more bored with the storyline. So I quit reading it.

It is now in the "Donate to Goodwill" pile of other less-than-great books.
Rinou
Bye bye 1st person POV, bye bye present, and welcome back having each character's POV when needed. That's a great improvement IMO. I had trouble connecting with the heroine (too cold and whining at the same time) even though I sympathize with her. The hero is OK, but I don't understand the instant intense attraction he feels for her. I felt the plot with the alien virus was not really resolved in the end, and Mia (heroine of the 1st book), got on my nerves as much as in her book.
Wendy
I am enjoying the Alien Huntress books. This is about Mishka Le'Ace who is a killer with a secret she hasn't told anyone. She meets Jaxon Tremain and starts to feel differently toward him. She's saved him from torture and possibly death. In taking care of him she feels herself softening towards him and is fighting it all the way.

It has a good story with a lot of action.
Trixydan
Jun 09, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dont-judge-me
This isn't love, it's obsession.

I've read her other series, and I'm sad to say that this one (so far) is just lacking. Formulaic and shallow as most of the genre, but somehow this offering is even less. It's like she's not even trying...
Chrystal
Mar 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I was worried about this series, but after reading #5 I went back and started at #2. (I don't like Mia and didn't care about her book. Ha!) This series is exciting and racy. Gena can do no wrong!
Keri
A very sweet hot read with a lot of heart. I really liked Jaxon and Mishka as a couple.
Tammy
My favorite author, but not my favorite book of hers. It was still good, and happy I read it, but it just didn't have 'it' for me.
Sophia
May 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
With each new book in the series, it just gets better and better. I know I keep saying that, but its true. This book started out with a high level of intensity and it let off a little for the plot development to take place (and I mean just a very little), but then it jumped right back in just pouring it on full throttle to the end. I think this might be one of the best books I've read by this author outside one or two of her her Lords of the Underworld books.

The story opens with Jaxon Tremaine,
Jo
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All PNR fans!

I loved this book!

Mishka Le'Ace was created in a lab. Part human and part machine all her life she’s been an object, a weapon to those who made her. She’s never experienced joy or love, but she’s a survivor and uses her strength and skills to remain so. Her latest mission is too rescue A.I.R. agent Jaxon Tremaine who was kidnapped and is being tortured and to then get details from him about his latest mission. But Mishka has never met anyone like Jaxon and the desire he ignites in her is as fo

• Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #3.5)
  • The Bodyguard (Includes: T-FLAC, #14.5)
  • Princess of the Damned
  • 恋だの愛だの 1 [Koi Dano Ai Dano 1]
  • Of Darkness and Crowns (Goddess Wars, #2)
  • Immortal Rider  (Lords of Deliverance, #2; Demonica, #7)
  • Hanatsukihime, Vol. 02
  • Born of Ice (The League, #3; Nemesis Legacy - Gen 2, #2)
  • Rejar (Matrix of Destiny, #2)
  • Mysteria (Mysteria, #1)
  • Lord of Rage (Royal House of Shadows, #2)
  • Lord of the Wolfyn (Royal House of Shadows, #3)
  • Drink of Me
  • Mona Lisa Eclipsing  (Monère: Children of the Moon, #5)
  • Hidden (Northern Waste, #2)
  • G.A. Aiken Bundle: The Dragon Who Loved Me, What a Dragon Should Know, & Last Dragon Standing
  • The Darkness Beyond (Paladins of Darkness, #8)
  • The Heavenward Path (Mitsuko, #2)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl
More about Gena Showalter...

Alien Huntress (6 books)
  • Awaken Me Darkly (Alien Huntress, #1)
  • Enslave Me Sweetly (Alien Huntress, #2)
  • Seduce the Darkness (Alien Huntress, #4)
  • Ecstasy in Darkness (Alien Huntress, #5)
  • Dark Taste of Rapture (Alien Huntress, #6)