Start by marking “Two of the Missing: Remembering Sean Flynn and Dana Stone” as Want to Read:
Two of the Missing: Remembering Sean Flynn and Dana Stone

Two of the Missing: Remembering Sean Flynn and Dana Stone

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  32 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
On April 6, 1970, Vietnam War photojournalists Sean Flynn (son of Errol Flynn) and Dana Stone set off on two rented motorcycles to cover one last story and were captured by Communist forces, never to be seen or heard from again. Their friend and fellow journalist, Perry Deane Young, tells their story here in a remarkable memoir first published in 1975. This new Press 53 Cl ...more
Published May 19th 2009 by Press 53 Carolina Classics Editions (first published 1975)

To ask other readers questions about Two of the Missing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two of the Missing

AJ Henning
Jul 28, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are parts of this I wasn't a big fan of but once I started to dig into it, it worked more and more. I went into this book hoping for a deeply researched documentary on WHAT REALLY HAPPENED to Flynn and Stone when they disappeared but what I got instead was a series of flashbacks and memories and plain ol' life stories of both these people and the author. And that wasn't a bad thing, these people are fascinating and while this isn't some IN SEARCH OF meets CSI: CAMBODIA documentary, it's a ...more
Nora Gaskin Esthimer
I am sure that there have always been people attracted to war as adventure, and that is the case here. Journalists, doing their job and also living life on the absolute edge. Then over the edge.

Perry Dean Young is a compelling writer. It's a personal book, giving us a view of Viet Nam I for one had not seen before.
Kyra
Sep 19, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decided on a quick re-read because of the film coming out this fall/winter. This should be 3.5 for me and likely higher if I hadn't read so very many VN memoirs/stories. It's worth reading, and gives a different perspective than the numerous military accounts. Pair with Dispatches, perhaps, but expect more from Herr.
Mike
Mar 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
On 6 April 1970, the photojournalists Sean Flynn and Dana Stone rode up to a roadblock in Cambodia on a pair of red Honda motorcycles, and were never seen or heard from again. This is a compelling and moving story, that is as much about friendship as it is about war. Well worth reading.
Alex
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reminiscent of Dispatches by Michael Herr, without the hubris.
Shannon
Jun 20, 2016
Jim
Jan 31, 2008
John
Aug 23, 2012
David Kennerly
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book by good friend PDY!
Cynfusion