Start by marking “The World's Easiest Astronomy Book” as Want to Read:
The World's Easiest Astronomy Book

The World's Easiest Astronomy Book

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Can we live on the moon? Why is the sky blue? This title informs readers about the often complex subjects of space and the universe in a narrative peppered with cartoon-style drawings.
Published September 1st 2009 by One Peace Books

To ask other readers questions about The World's Easiest Astronomy Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The World's Easiest Astronomy Book

Sep 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: kids and teens who love science and astronomy
Shelves: non-fiction
Okay, so science wasn’t my forte in high school, but I always wanted to understand the mysteries of the universe—the simple way. If you’re nodding your head in understanding, you will love The World’s Easiest Astronomy Book, a little gem of a book that lives up to its name. Although written for young teens or astronomy-loving middle graders, I would certainly recommend it for all ages.

Hitoshi Nakagawa, a former JAXA space exploration officer and current high school teacher, has the amazing talen
Karen
Nov 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Title: The World’s Easiest Astronomy Book
Author: Hitoshi Nakagawa
Publisher: One Peace Books, Inc.
USBN: 978-0-9785084-4-9
Reviewed by: Karen Cioffi, a reviewer for BookPleasures.com

Many children and adults are interested in space. We may think of outer space as the Heavens, or a source of exploration with infinite possibilities, or a place where discoveries are waiting to be made. According to Space.com: “Astronomy is defined as the scientific study of matter in outer space; particularly the posit
Leeanna
May 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
The World's Easiest Astronomy Book, by Hitoshi Nakagawa

If you've ever been curious about space, but turned off by books filled with formulas and scientific detail, "The World's Easiest Astronomy Book" is for you.

In 44 short chapters or lessons, the author answers many questions about life in space, space exploration, and the universe. Lessons include, "Why is the Sky Blue," "Could Mankind Live on the Moon," "Life on the Space Station - Language and Food," and "What is Outside the Universe?" Eac
Jane Maritz
Apr 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
What I Liked: This book covers complex topics in an extremely easy-to-understand format. It would make a sweet homeschool textbook for a middle grader, with each of its short 44 chapters the basis for a separate unit study. Or it would be a good overview/introduction to astronomy – as it’s simple and entertaining enough to read through in a couple of sessions. It’s full of straightforward answers to questions that I’ve forgotten having.

Some of the chapters I enjoyed included A Bird in an Airplan
April
Nov 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
"The World's Easiest Astronomy Book" by Hitoshi Nakagawa is a wonderful little book that answers questions like "Why is the sky blue?" and "Is there wind in space?" in easy to understand language appropriate for middle school age readers and above. The information is presented in 44 short lessons with cute illustrations drawn in crayon and gives the basic knowledge to satisfy the reader's curiosity.

Even though this book was probably written for a younger audience, I really enjoyed it and learne
Angela Simmons
Oct 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
“The World’s Easiest Astronomy Book”, is your one stop book for all you need to know about the universe as well as the world you live. Broken down in kid friendly language “The World’s Easiest Astronomy Book”, is one book that both parents and teachers should have on hand. Chocked full of interesting lessons with titles such as “How Far Is Space”, “Do Aliens Really Exist”, “Can You Hear Sound In Space”, “Meteorite”, “Is There Wind In Space”, and many more exciting topics. Hitoshi Nakagawa has al ...more
Kenny Li
Apr 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The World's Easiest Astronomy Book. The title fits exactly right with this book. No doubt about it, astronomy is an extremely hard subject. But, this book makes it look like 7th grade math.

This book goes into many questions and themes that regular humans think about in astronomy. This book is definitely a must read for anyone new to astronomy or just wanting to learn more. I guarantee that at least 1 thing will be learned from this book. You will learn about - if aliens exist to shooting stars a
Beth
Oct 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a perfect bathroom book.

Hitoshi Nakagawa is amazingly able to answer difficult astronomy questions thoroughly without going into detail. It was actually too easy.

The questions are interesting and I enjoyed learning a few new things. The answers often seemed too brief, though he does give wonderful examples.
Tasia
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reference
Really excellent reference for people just delving into the world of astronomy. How does zero-gravity work? Can we time-travel? What is centrifugal force? Can we send garbage into space? There are so many concise, insightful answers in this book. I can see how this is a Japanese Bestseller.
Kim
May 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
It's pretty cool that
1. when I am reading I am actually looking 1 nanosecond into the past.
2. if the Earth rotated once every 84 minutes we could all become satellites.
3. light travels on the shortest path, but this isn't necessarily a straight line. Gravity warps time and space.
Karla
Mar 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
It's perfect for someone like me who has the attention span of gnat.
Trey Nowell
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very cool, made basic for people wanting to learn astronomy, advise it to anyone wishing to learn more.
Keshav Ramesh