Start by marking “Taste of Home: Dinner on a Dime: 403 Budget-Friendly Family Recipes” as Want to Read:
Taste of Home: Dinner on a Dime: 403 Budget-Friendly Family Recipes

Taste of Home: Dinner on a Dime: 403 Budget-Friendly Family Recipes

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  84 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Wondering how to put satisfying meals on the table while staying on a sensible budget? Now it's easier than ever to serve mouthwatering meals without breaking the bank. The ultimate source for comfort foods, Dinner on a Dime is the secret behind every thrifty cook's success. Featuring 403 delicious, easy-to-assemble dishes that turn economical ingredients into mouth-wate ...more
Published July 9th 2009 by Reader's Digest/Taste of Home (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Taste of Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taste of Home

Amber
Aug 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I liked this cookbook. Like almost all of the Taste of Home publications it is useful for real people who shop at regular grocery stores. I also liked some of the tips included such as how to cut up a whole chicken for use. Great book.
Heather
Sep 18, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: health-cookbooks
First of all, I must say, that based on the title I expected to see some sort of cost-analysis of the meals and why they were considered "budget-friendly". No such information was found and either I have a really skewed sense of "budget" or a lot of these are rather pricey.

The book had a lot of nice, color photos (not of every recipe). The instructions were clear and easy to follow. Most of the recipes use a lot of canned/processed foods, however, and while some substitutions could be made, othe
Blaire
Dec 30, 2011 marked it as to-read
Shelves: books-owned
I love the Taste Of Home Cookbooks. They have very economical, and easy to make delish foods. I really enjoyed the beginning of this book, where it charts shelf life of foods for your pantry and freezer and has a lot of tips and hints for saving time and money. Many many recipes I will be making from this cookbook.
Robin Desousa
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love this book. I use it all the time. Most of the meals cost me less the 12$ and I feed a family of 5 three boys under 11. All most everything is kid friendly. I've bought three more and have Had a subscription for years!!!
Melissa
Mar 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
yummy!
Susan Ryan
There are so many delicious recipes in this book. You mouth waters just reading and looking at the pictures. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves to cook.
Natalie
Dec 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-cookbooks
Awesome recipes. Just need to get past the fact some photos look circa 1990's, but otherwise easy and inexpensive recipes.
Christina
Oct 19, 2009 rated it liked it
Good options and simple recipes. But using a lot of canned/processed foods which is what I am trying to steer clear of lately.
Kathleen Flinn