Start by marking “The Diva Paints the Town (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Diva Paints the Town (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #3)

The Diva Paints the Town (A Domestic Diva Mystery #3)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  2,028 Ratings  ·  150 Reviews
Color this Domestic Diva puzzled-from the national bestselling author.

When Sophie's neighbor-a reclusive professor-dies, his final wish is for the Domestic Diva to throw a dinner party in his honor, and he's planned everything down to the letter. But what no one planned for is the corpse of a student that Sophie finds in his house.
Published February 2nd 2010 by Berkley (first published December 23rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Diva Paints the Town, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Diva Paints the Town

Robyn
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
These books are basically crack for me. Plus an ocicat!
Laura Watts
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book without giving it away! Det. Kenner you either want to slap him or feel sorry for him. Poor Sophie and Wolf, seems like nothing goes their way. Nina, Nina, what can I say about her in this book, girl you need to switch to decaf.

Y'all really need to read this series!
Vicki Gooding
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Krista Davis has done it again. This hilarious and delightful mystery was very hard to put down. Do yourself a favor, and curl up with this book. If you love to laugh there's a parrot named Hank that brings a realness to the world of mystery.
Cat Tutt
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another 5 star book in this series! The plot really had me guessing and assigning blame to half the characters before the reveal, and I was still wrong. It's fast pace kept me turning pages til the wee hours, since I knew I'd never sleep til I knew whodunit.

Highly recommended for all cozy fans, particularly ones that enjoy interior design.
Ronna
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Childhood acquaintances, neighbors, and big time competitors, Sophie and Natasha are at it again during the House and Garden Show in their Old Town Alexandria neighborhood. This third in the series, 'Diva' books, continues to charm, with chapters headed with letters asking for help in decorating this time around. Sophie has some wonderfully practical advice, while Natasha continues with advice that would make Martha Steward look dowdy and cheap.

Sophie is in the middle of running the towns House
Kim Wright
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I volunteered for this because the book looked to be something that I would enjoy and I was correct in that assumption. This is actually the third book in this cozy mystery series. I can't wait to read the others. I just love discovering a new series, knowing there are a bunch more to read. Sophie is an event planner that has been charged with planning a different kind of event. Her long time neighbor has passed away and has beques ...more
Linda Langford at Chatting About Cozies
It's winter, and designer Sophie Winston's elderly neighbor, Mordecai Artemus, has passed away. He'd been a recluse the latter part of his life and his last will and testament seems to reflect on the past. A former professor, he's left his house to his Pomeranian, Emmaline; his ashes to Sophie's diva designer friend, Natasha; and a hidden fortune to five of his previous students--IF they can all work together again and figure out how to find it. Sophie's boyfriend, Detective Wolf Fleishman, goes ...more
Becky ♡The Bookworm♡
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cozy Mystery Fans!
Definitely an improvement over the last book in this series. I really like Sophie and these books are fast, comfortable reads with satisfying endings. It's always fun to see what kind of holiday decorating tips or other time saving ideas will be included with the book, too. In this installment, Sophie's elderly next door neighbor passes away, right in the middle of preparations for Rooms & Blooms, Old Town Alexandria’s annual home and garden expo. He's left very specific instructions in his ...more
Michelle
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed The Diva Paints the Town. Sophie Winston surrounds herself with a cast of characters that help to throw twists and turns into the story. Sophie is a calm and logical character mixed in with a bunch of others who are quite zany. The situations are impossible, adding humor and unpredictability to the story. The characters, living and dead, human and animals, are well developed. You begin to 'know' the people in the story and then you can't help but try to solve the mystery. Krista ...more
Jonathan
This series is really becoming one of my favorites, it is well-written, has good characters, and great mysteries.

The characters were all just as good as in the first two books, though, I'll admit, Natasha was a little bit over-the-top in this book. I feel like one second she shows some caring feelings, then the next the makes a really rude comment.

The mystery was amazing, it was kind of a mix between an old mystery and a new one, with not one, but two murder victims. One of the murderers took me
Tara Petersen Naccarella
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Krista Davis does it again. I just can't get enough of these books the new books keep eclipsing the old books. Davis description of a tight community and wonderful characters makes me want to move to old town and hang out with Sophie and her friends. what I love especially in these books is that you think you know who the murder is but then a twist happens and you are running in another direction. Davis all ways keeps you guessing and it's hard to put the book down once you start. I can't wait f ...more
Micky Cox
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another great read from the cozy mystery genre! In this installment in the Diva series, Sophie is hosting the Design Guild Expo, designing a room in a showhouse, trying to help a shy mortician find a love connection and solving a murder that once again someone is trying to pin on her! The cast of characters are extremely well developed and interesting, the plot is wrought with twists and humor, but best of all is the hoard of animals that grace this story! If you are up for a good laugh and a fu ...more
Julie Wilber-Berry
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I've read in this series even though it's the 3rd book. I really enjoyed it, and look forward to reading the rest of the series. Sophie is an event planner with a crazy schedule who happens upon a murder mystery in the middle of everything. I didn't guess the killer until the end, and there was a delightful cast of support characters. Throw in a budding romance and it turned into a great read! I definitely recommend it.
Melodie
Jan 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2010
Though this is only the 3rd book in this series, it has quickly become a favorite of mine. I like visiting with Sophie and all her extended "family", even the very much a pain in the ass Natasha! This one did not disappoint me. I wasn't sure of the killer until almost the end. When a book keeps me guessing like that, it's a good one! Not so much in the way of recipes in this one, but lots of good decorating tips.
Jenn
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Diva Impresses Again!

I love this series and this installment does not disappoint! Start with Sophie's loner neighbor who has died and left her in charge of his arrangements, add in Humphrey, Nina, Natasha, all the pets and all the friends and the people they meet along the way you have the makings of a fabulous mystery as well as a wonderful humorous story.
Linda
Apr 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: bingo, challenge
I still don't know how anyone can like Natasha. There was a lot going on in this book and lots of characters which at times I really appreciated the character listing in the front of the book. Lots of decorating and cooking in this one. The recipes at the end sound good too.
Sallie Andrews
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great read!! I loved the character development and what a suprise ending. A must read!!! Can't wait to read more of Krista's books.
Gerry
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sophie is heading up a design show and then needs to decorate a house under Natasia's guidance. Throw in a couple of murders and you've got another entertaining mystery.
Alicia Brooks
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sophie is at it again. This time she is helping reviving a neighborhood house. With twists and turns and even a hidden passage. Krista blows it away again!
Candace Davidson
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cozytastic as always!
Angela Brocato-Skaggs
The Domestic Diva delivers again. Sophie proves even when she is up to her eyeballs in work she can solve a murder mystery.

In the third book of the series, The Diva Paints the Town, we join Sophie as she runs the Rooms and Blooms expo. She is beating herself up a bit over never having really fronded her neighbor, Mordecai. She soon learns she is in charge of hosting 5 of his past students at his host as she gives them envelopes with their names. As Sophie is looking over the space she is to use
Marietta Slater
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another winner for the Diva series. Sophie Winston is an events planner in the charming town of Alexandria, Virginia. This time her event is coordinating Rooms and Blooms. One of her neighbors dies and Sophie is asked to throw a private party in his honor that has been prearranged by the deceased. These two events would be enough to keep anyone too busy, but now throw in a body which is found in the home of the deceased neighbor. Another one of Sophie's friends and neighbors thinks she killed th ...more
Angela
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
revisiting the world of Krista Davis. I so enjoyed this book. Love to cook and craft and to make things like she does. I found an old reading journal which listed all the book I read from 2005 -2012 so listed them in Goodreads. I found that I had read the first two books of this series. So I read this one and the characters came back clearly. That is wonderful to me because that means they were fully formed 3 dimensional I really did not get the murder in this one. That is just so unusual for me ...more
Alice Teets
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite cozy mystery series. I like the characters, they feel real to me. I love the interaction between Sophie and Natasha - reminds me of the pettiness you see in real life and makes me laugh. I am working my way through this series slowly and out of order.

I did notice a couple inaccuracies that editing should have caught - just little things, but they detracted a little from the story.

I was surprised by the conclusion of the book; I did not really suspect who the murderer
Readsandeats
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed going back into this world.

The main character's neighbour dies.
The local ladies decide that the house would be perfect to redecorate for the Spring Home and Garden Tour. As the main character becomes involved, she finds another body but the local police think she is the prime suspect. As she and her friends investigate to clear her name and she carries out one of the last wishes of her neighbour, you get drawn in and are taken on a fun read.

Great characters and well written.
I
Caitlin
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
In this installment, Sophie finds herself helping Natasha work on the late Mordecai's house, making it into a show home, while juggling the Rooms and Blooms show, helping with Mordecai's bequests, and unwanted romantic interests. When someone shows up dead (and then disappears again), things with Sophie and the local cops get complicated. With a big cast of characters but a few animals thrown in the mix, this was a satisfying read.
Jamie
Sep 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Domestic Diva is back again, fulfilling the final wish of her dearly departed neighbor. His will indicates that Sophie is to host a dinner party in his honor following the specific instructions he's left behind. Meanwhile, his home, left to his Pomeranian, is being used as a showcase house for the town's Home and Garden Show, and it's her job to keep the designers to their own rooms and try to stem the flow of hostilities when their issues overlap.

The trick of this book is that the dead body
Mary Beth
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sarah "Kat"
3.5 stars.

Had set this one down months ago, but picked it up and started from the beginning. Love this series. This one was really fun as it had the right amount of interiors decorating and secret passages. Made for an enjoyable read.
  • Rotten to the Core (Orchard, #2)
  • Scoop to Kill (A Mystery a La Mode, #2)
  • Cut to the Corpse (A Decoupage Mystery, #2)
  • Dirty Rotten Tendrils (A Flower Shop Mystery, #10)
  • Sinister Sprinkles (Donut Shop Mystery, #3)
  • Tressed to Kill (Southern Beauty Shop, #1)
  • Farm Fresh Murder (A Farmers' Market Mystery, #1)
  • Buffalo West Wing (A White House Chef Mystery, #4)
  • The Long Quiche Goodbye (A Cheese Shop Mystery, #1)
  • The Proof is in the Pudding (A Della Cooks Mystery #3)
  • A Stitch in Crime (Crochet Mystery, #4)
  • Death Threads (A Southern Sewing Circle, #2)
  • Roast Mortem (Coffeehouse Mystery, #9)
  • Murder on the Eightfold Path (Mantra for Murder, #3)
  • Drive Time (Charlotte McNally, #4)
  • Raining Cat Sitters and Dogs (A Dixie Hemingway Mystery, #5)
Krista Davis lives and writes in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. She lived in Northern Virginia for many years and resided for a time in Old Town Alexandria where her Domestic Diva Mysteries take place.

Krista also writes the Paws and Claws Mysteries, which debuted with MURDER, SHE BARKED. They are set in a resort town that caters to people who want to vacation with their dogs and cats. Alas,
More about Krista Davis

A Domestic Diva Mystery (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Diva Runs Out of Thyme (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #1)
  • The Diva Takes the Cake (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #2)
  • The Diva Cooks a Goose (A Domestic Diva Mystery,  #4)
  • The Diva Haunts the House (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #5)
  • The Diva Digs Up the Dirt (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #6)
  • The Diva Frosts a Cupcake (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #7)
  • The Diva Wraps It Up (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #8)
  • The Diva Steals a Chocolate Kiss (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #9)
  • The Diva Serves High Tea (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #10)
  • The Diva Cooks up a Storm (A Domestic Diva Mystery #11)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Bricklayer (Steve Vail, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Among the Wicked (Kate Burkholder #8)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Snow Garden
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Almost Dead (Lizzy Gardner #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Frost (Dewberry Farm Mysteries, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Remains of Innocence (Joanna Brady, #16)
  • Outfoxed
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Huntress Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Last Witness (C.J. Townsend Thriller)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead Weight (Lizzy Gardner #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Eye for an Eye (Dewey Andreas, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Short Drop (Gibson Vaughn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • You Only Live Twice (James Bond, #12)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Thunderball (James Bond, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Casino Royale (James Bond, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Live and Let Die (James Bond, #2)
  • Dr. No
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Moonraker (James Bond, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Diamonds are Forever (James Bond)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Spy Who Loved Me (James Bond, #10)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • From Russia With Love (James Bond, #5)
  • The Blinds
  • Little Boy Lost
  • Blonde Faith
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Deadly Business
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Private Justice (Newpointe 911, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Cutting Room (C.J. Townsend Thriller Book 3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • First to Kill (Nathan McBride, #1)
  • In the Barren Ground
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blood Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Lie In Wait (Canaan Crime #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Legacy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Her Final Breath (Tracy Crosswhite, #2)
  • The Taxidermist's Daughter
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Depraved Heart (Kay Scarpetta, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Standing in Another Man's Grave (Inspector Rebus, #18)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • In the Clearing (Tracy Crosswhite, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cop Hater (87th Precinct, #1)
  • The Jekyll Revelation
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Book of Beloved
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
  • Afterlife
  • The Vines
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Obsessed (Lizzy Gardner #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • River's Edge (Cape Refuge Series, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Pedigree To Die For (A Melanie Travis Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
  • Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kane and Abel (Kane and Abel, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Bone Music (Burning Girl, #1)
  • In the Blue Hour
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Stirred (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels #8)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Raven Black (Shetland Island, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Trapped Girl (Tracy Crosswhite, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Neon Lawyer (Brigham Theodore, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Coyote Waits (Navajo Mysteries, #10)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Sinister Pig (Navajo Mysteries, #16)
    $9.74 $1.99
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent #8)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Snowblind (Dark Iceland #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bitter Medicine (V.I. Warshawski, #4)
    $8.49 $1.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
  • Playing Dead
  • Look Behind You
  • Where the Memories Lie
    $4.99 $1.99
  • White Nights (Shetland Island, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Close to Home (Tracy Crosswhite, #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fields of Wrath (Luis Chavez, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Three (Codename: Chandler, #3)
  • The Hollow Men: A Novel
    $15.95 $1.99
  • What She Doesn't Know
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Pope of Palm Beach: A Novel (Serge Storms)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Night Bird (Frost Easton, #1)
  • Flood (Burke, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The House of Memory (Pluto's Snitch #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Evil Never Dies (Lizzy Gardner, #6)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Twisted Root (William Monk, #10)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Red Road (Alex Morrow #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Last Detective (Peter Diamond, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Darkness, My Old Friend
  • Retribution
  • The Woman in the Window
    $13.99 $3.99
  • Duplicity
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Widowmaker (Mike Bowditch #7)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Remember Me Like This
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Penance
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Cold Harbor (Gibson Vaughn, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • On Her Majesty's Secret Service (James Bond, #11)
  • Neighborly
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
  • The Drowning
    $15.95 $1.99
  • The Second Girl
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Spree (Codename: Chandler #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
  • Silent Victim
  • In Farleigh Field
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dying to Tell (Slaughter Creek, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonfeather (Gibson Vaughn, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • A Dark Mind (Lizzy Gardner #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Thunder of Heaven (The End Series, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Time Heals No Wounds (Baltic Sea Crime #1)
  • The Good Samaritan
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Looking Glass  (The Naturalist #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • My Sister's Grave (Tracy Crosswhite #1)