Start by marking “Greetings from Knit Cafe” as Want to Read:
Greetings from Knit Cafe

Greetings from Knit Cafe

When former CBS vice president Suzan Mischer decided to open a knitting store on Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles, she wanted to create a place where people could gather, slow down, and talk (as well as buy supplies). The result was Knit Cafe, a sleek yet homey neighborhood yarn store in one of the most famous neighborhoods in the world.
This fabulous shop—and its unique spir
Published July 1st 2006 by Harry N. Abrams (first published June 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Greetings from Knit Cafe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Greetings from Knit Cafe

Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Why oh why don't we have half stars? This is a 3.5 star book for me. There aren't enough patterns for my taste, but many of them are gorgeous and there are some unique ideas like a keyboard cover, a yarmulke and a horse blanket (although why someone would spend time knitting something that huge to put on a horse that lives in a barn is beyond me. I love animals but that sounds masochistic). One problem the book has, though, is trying to be too much: there are recipes, music lists, poems and anec ...more
Meredith Holley
May 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting
This book has my favorite baby-sweater pattern. I changed it to add the hoods. I think I like the top version the best. I made the sweaters, not the babes:

Faith
Sep 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crafts-food
Let's face it, no book ever has a list of patterns that everyone will knit. We pick the ones we like from a book and enjoy it not only for the patterns, but also the looks and the readability. It's also true I probably wouldn't use nice yarn from Japan to make a horse blanket but I do like the blanket.

The photos are very well done in this book and the layout is excellent. It's a pleasure to re-read beyond studying the patterns. It also definitely fits the friendly, relaxed yet high class souther
Jan 07, 2009 rated it liked it
This is a cute book, with a very "L.A." feel. It's pink and fluffy. There are some nice patterns (The polo shirt looks comfy), but nothing that jumped off the page and said, "You must knit me NOW." The patterns are mostly comfy West coast styles.

I guess my envy was spiked a little by her story of opening the Knit Cafe: "I was creating a place for me. I wanted a space where I could do many of my favorite things--listen to music, drink tea, play with wonderful yarns, think up fun ideas to knit and
Jun 18, 2008 rated it liked it
This book is very inviting. I love all the funky, bright colors that seem to explode from the pages of this book. They have an excellent assortment of colors on every page. The patterns in this book were pretty cool, but I didn't see anything that caught my eye. I would recommend this book, even if you just want to look through it and get inspired.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2009...
Vesper Stamper
Jan 03, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting
Honestly, this book is 50% really really boring patterns. Good thing I got it for $4.99 on a really good Amazon sale. A good book for a beginner, but some of the things (the Love Blanket?!) are just fugly...and for the TIME it would take...and ALL that stockinette...heavens...

Still, I've made the guitar messenger back (VERY cool), but the lacy skirt was a disaster--the sizing was ALL wrong. It'll have to be pleated. Anyway, I like having knitting books around. It's a "cute" book.
Ann
Aug 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting-books
Beautiful photos. reasonable patterns, most of which are not over the top _Exceot of course the full length gown). I love looking through this book
Patti
Jul 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knitting
Some innovative patterns that are fun and colorful to knit. Patterns run small so I just make adjustments.
Sage
Sep 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: readin2015, knitting
Kat Coyle Kat's Pretty Pink Dress
Denae
Jan 06, 2011 rated it it was ok
Decent book with some patterns I really like. The tone was a bit obnoxious at times, but in an ignorable way
Jill
Oct 17, 2009 rated it liked it
There are a couple of very sweet children's patterns in the book.
Oct 21, 2011 rated it liked it
While this one was not to my liking, I think there would be a lot of knitters who will really enjoy this book.
Aquit
A warm and cozy up knitting book to read when it's raining--or snowing. The patterns are pretty and some look really simple to do.
Tricia
Jan 27, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: informative
Along with knitting instruction, it's also the story of a little knitting shop and some of the customers.
Ali
honeycomb stitch
Stefani
Dec 28, 2007 marked it as craft-knit-crochet
Different... Has a few extras here and there, like stories and recipes. Good patterns.

Architect scarf (pg 22-23)
Guitar messenger bag (pg 52-56)
Terry bathrobe [children] (pg 118-121)

La
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
This was OK. Definitely more advanced than a basics or beginners handbook, but I guess most of the projects just weren't my style.
Kathryn
Dec 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting-books
I got this book as a gift this fall, and already I've knit a few things from it. I especially like the basic hat pattern, which makes it easy to use yarn of any weight and texture.
Jessi Collins
Liesl
Jun 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Knit 2 Together: Patterns and Stories for Serious Knitting Fun
  • Handknit Holidays: Knitting Year-Round for Christmas, Hanukkah, and Winter Solstice
  • Fitted Knits: 25 Designs for the Fashionable Knitter
  • The Best of Interweave Knits
  • One Skein
  • Knitting Nature: 39 Designs Inspired by Patterns in Nature
  • KnitKnit: Profiles + Projects from Knitting's New Wave
  • Mason-Dixon Knitting: The Curious Knitters' Guide: Stories, Patterns, Advice, Opinions, Questions, Answers, Jokes, and Pictures
  • Knitting Classic Style: 35 Modern Designs Inspired by Fashion's Archives
  • Boutique Knits
  • Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Volume One: Knit & Purl: The Ultimate Stitch Dictionary from the Editors of Vogue Knitting Magazine
  • Custom Knits: Unleash Your Inner Designer with Top-Down and Improvisational Techniques
  • The Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook: Dyeing, Painting, Spinning, Designing, Knitting