Start by marking “Guardians of Xen” as Want to Read:
Guardians of Xen

Guardians of Xen

When armies can invade solar systems and magic can destroy planets, only the Xen Guardians can preserve the peace. As a new enemy emerges, Prince Xentor prepares to take on the burden of his ancestors. He will not be alone.
Published July 1st 2009 by Booklocker.com

To ask other readers questions about Guardians of Xen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guardians of Xen

Louise
Aug 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the overall message of the book - encouraging peace and non-violence over warring societies. The author has successfully created a fantasy world unlike today's world, and yet with character with which we can connect emotionally.
I felt that the assassin character was particularly well-drawn in the story, with dimensional personality. I wished that Xentor had been developed similarly, he always seemed kind of two-dimensional. Perhaps that was the intent.
The premise of traveling through
Jane Greene
Sep 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy SCI FI fans
Recommended to Jane by: won through goodreads.com
Shelves: first-reads
This book was given to me through the goodreads pre-release contest. I had entered the drawing in hopes of winning the book for my son who loves Fantasy Science Fiction. After being selected to receive it, I decided I should read it also and dutifully provide my review. First I have to say I am not a fan of science fiction fantasy. However, after saying that I must say I did enjoy this book. This is Mr. Schlasko's first book and he does a very nice job of illustrative/descriptive writing enablin ...more
Cheryl
Aug 26, 2009 rated it did not like it
I won an autographed copy of this book in the Goodreads.com first reads giveaway. I gave it my best shot, but I just couldn't get into this book. Maybe it's just me, as this is not my typical genre. I was surprized that I actually liked the first few chapters, but it just kept going downhill from there. By the time I got to chapter 18, I was totally lost. The story keeps jumping around & introducing new names that I have no idea who they are. Perhaps I would learn who they are if I keep read ...more
Dean Vieira
Feb 15, 2017
John  Ervin
Nov 19, 2009
Ian Shlasko
Aug 09, 2009 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Lil
Lezli
Aug 11, 2017
Toni Clark
Jan 29, 2018
Ian is a native of Rockland County, New York. Though indoctrinated into the world of computer programming at a frighteningly-young age, he still became an avid fan of science fiction and fantasy literature and media.

The character of "Xentor," the initial protagonist in the first novel, was originally created when he discovered Freeform Role-Playing on an internet chat network in the early-to-mid '