Start by marking “Jesus Christ Our Lord” as Want to Read:
Jesus Christ Our Lord

Jesus Christ Our Lord

The apostle John said of the life and work of Jesus, "Even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written" (John 21:25). Acknowledging the size of the task, as well as its importance, Dr. John F. Walvoord has written this systematic presentation of the person and work of Christ from eternity past to eternity future.

Beginning with an analysis of modern
Published June 1st 1969 by Moody Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Jesus Christ Our Lord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jesus Christ Our Lord

Janelle
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, unfortunately I had to speed through it for a class but I definitely want to come back and read it again someday!
Justin Daniel
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I just finished a class called, “The Person and Work of Christ.” This book by John Walvoord was the text book for the class which is essentially a deeper look at Christology. Every Religion Major student has to take 2 semesters of Theology where we get a surface look at the doctrines of Christology. This class and book examine much deeper into this grand subject.

The book is broken down almost chronologically, first looking at the eternal Christ, the incarnation, the life of Christ, the death on
Jonathan Klimek
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Walvoord, with clarity and simplicity provides a conservative, dispensational presentation of the doctrine of Christ, which every Christian ought to read. One cannot conclude such a reading without meditating upon the person and work of Christ and be left in awe of Him. One is left revering Him, trusting Him, loving Him and desiring to serve Him with much appreciation and joy.
Alec Bradley
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very good!! A lot of information...ALOT
Rich Brown
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an excellent work. It reminded me of a lot I already knew and showed me a lot that I had not considered before. If you are like me you will want to keep a dictionary close at had but that in itself is a good thing.
Ed
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book concerning everything about Jesus Christ. Good Scripture index and Subject index in the rear of the book which a person would need to use to refer to search things out in later readings. Author defends Premillennial and Pre-tribulation teaching.
Lydia
Mar 23, 2009 rated it liked it
Another book I just read for theology class. Very straight-forward, by-the-Book teaching. Solid stuff, but no personality. His discription of our inheritance and adoption in Christ, however, was incredible.
Christopher  Waugh
Sep 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: theology
Good.
William Dicks
Sep 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Still one of the best books on Jesus our Lord I've read. It is not intensive, but very clear!
Corey Hampton
Jan 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
This was simply a bad book on Christology from the perspective of a dispensationalist. Don't waste your time on it.
John Lawless
Jun 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Good book, well worth the reading
Darryl Burling
Jan 23, 2014
Warren Pace
Oct 15, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
“A student of Christology needs to be constantly reminded that while there is progress in doctrine, there is no increase in scriptural revelation.” 0 likes
“When the Word of God has spoken clearly and plainly, the unbelief of men, the reasonings of the natural mind and the wisdom of the world can be safely disregarded.” 0 likes