Start by marking “The Teaberry Strangler (A Tea Shop Mystery, #11)” as Want to Read:
The Teaberry Strangler (A Tea Shop Mystery, #11)

The Teaberry Strangler

(A Tea Shop Mystery #11)

Will be shipped from US. Used books may not include companion materials, may have some shelf wear, may contain highlighting/notes, may not include CDs or access codes. 100% money back guarantee.
Published March 2nd 2010 by Berkley Prime Crime (first published March 1st 2010)

Alice
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
So the plot itself wasn't great, nor was the mystery, oooor the characters... And there was hardly anything I might call a clue throughout. But now I need to own a tea store. Like, I NEED to. And I need cute sandwiches and sweets and beautiful tea cups in my life. Also, I taught myself to knit while reading this book. So FOUR STARS IT IS!
Suzanne
Apr 25, 2011 rated it liked it
I've been reading the Laura Childs Tea Shop Mysteries since she began writing them more than 10 years ago, and while this remains one of my favorite series, I got the feeling with this book that Laura Childs is starting to get bored of Theodosia and her friends in Charleston. The first chapter, the plot becomes a bit thin when Theodosia, walking in a dark alley at night witnesses a murder, and it all seems a bit surreal and not completely believable. The dialog between Drayton and Haley this tim ...more
Julie P
Jan 23, 2011 rated it it was ok
Having read several of Laura Childs' Tea Shop mysteries, I was familiar with the main characters, and their relationship with one another. It has been a while, however, since I've read one, so it was as if I were reading this book on its own, minus the rest of the series. Certain events have taken place in previous books that were alluded to, and impacted the plot of this book, but there's enough information that you don't necessarily need to go back if you don't want to. As for me, I probably w ...more
Patti
It was nice to spend time in Charleston and visit the Indigo Tea Shop. This continues to be a good series, one you can count on for good company.

One quibble: the author used exclamation points during a tense scene near the end of the book, and I felt like I was back reading Nancy Drew mysteries with their end-of-chapter cliffhangers.
Trisha
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
"Truth be told, Theodosia enjoys plunking herself in the middle of a crisis. Any crisis."

Meh. This one was just okay. The mystery was light and easy but the length of the book was much longer than I thought it needed to be. Maybe because I hadn't read the books before, but all the dating drama for the main character and the unnecessary details of then new stores and of perfumes and smells..... it just didn't hold my attention liked I'd hoped.

I don't think I'll read more of this series any time
Patrizia
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery-tea
4 stelle e mezza
Tutte le volte che leggo un libro di questa serie vorrei avere una tearoom vicino a casa mia...
Anche in questo libro la vita di tutti i giorni di Theodosia ha una parte preponderante rispetto all'investigazione vera e propria, ma la cosa non mi dispiace, anzi forse è quello che mi fa trovare questa serie così rilassante.
La soluzione è stata una vera sorpresa, anche perché non erano forniti, secondo me, abbastanza indizi per capire chi fosse il colpevole. Comunque sia, altra bella
Audrey
Sep 14, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: culinary
"Do you know anything about the language of roses?"

"What do you mean?" asked Theodosia.

"During the Victorian era," said Drayton, "the use of rose symbolism was extremely popular. It became a subtle form of communication."

"Like text messaging today," said Theodosia.

"Not exactly," said Drayton.

Synopsis: The indefatigable Theodosia Browning continues to run her merry crew of teashop irregulars and solve murders all over Charleston's historic shopping district. This time it's Daria, owner of an anti
Mason Canyon
Feb 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Award-winning author Laura Childs brings tea shop owner Theodosia Browning back for another exciting adventure in “The Teaberry Strangler.”

This is the 11th installment in the Tea Shop Mystery series. Don’t let that scare you from reading it as it is a stand alone book and can be read with having read the previous books. However, once you get started, you’ll want to read every book in the series.

Theo organizes a “back-ally crawl” where the shop owners dress in historic costumes and open their bac
Kristin
Aug 13, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
This is book #11 in the Tea Shop Mysteries. These are my 'brain candy' books - a fast, usually entertaining read. What I enjoy about these books are the setting in the historic district of Charleston (which I have visited), some of the tidbits of history and the tea trivia.

What I am becoming annoyed with is the unrealistic daily operations of the Tea Shop itself seriously, the amount and type of food coming out of "that tiny kitchen" is just not realistic or plausible for just one chef in addit
Fred
Feb 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
What a joy it is to spend time visiting the Indigo Tea Shop and it's owner Theodosia Browning and her staff. If this were a real place I would love to work there. Drayton is the master tea blender with a wonderful sense of humor, Haley the innovative chef and partimer Miss Dimple.

The historic area of Charleston wrapping up a Back alley crawl one evening and Theois on her way to take some tea and scones to the lady who runs a map shop. As Theo approaches she witnesses the shop owner being strangl
Sue
Jun 16, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another solid entry in the series although the mystery element in this one is a little weak as Theo doesn't actually solve it. Theodosia witnesses a friend's murder but can't identify the killer and soon becomes the victim of attempts on her own life. Her associates, Drayton and Haley, help her out as usual while running the Indigo Tea Shop and catering events. A new character brushes in as a state archeologist digging up the yard of her hopefully new home. And I must complain again about boyfri ...more
Judine Brey
Aug 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Angela Holland
Aug 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
I was happy to continue on my journey with Theo, Drayton and Haley in their tea shop. Theo happened to witness a murder, but was she the one the killer intended to hurt. The person who was killed just happens to be a friend of Theo's so she is hot on the trail to figure out what happened. There were a few suspects I had in mind but the author likes to give you some twists and make you second guess yourself. Two of my favorite characters are Theo and Drayton. I love the way Drayton talks about te ...more
Pamela Mclaren
A shipowner and friend of Theodosia Browning has been strangled right before her eyes and now Theodosia is out to find out who and why, all the while running her tea shop, catering local events, dealing with an ex-boyfriend's drama and wondering when the purchase of her cottage will be finalized, if ever.

For light, fast reading with a mystery see in Charleston, this is a good book. A lot of fun, not much seriousness and loads of quirky characters. Its all here.
Leah
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christmas in Charleston. This one involves a shop crawl, a chocolate festival, a fashion show, a boat parade, old maps, and perfume. I like the chocolate festival and the boat parade. The boat parade was more than boats on display. The orchestra was there, too. I liked that part the best. The chocolate and desserts at the festival sounded delicious. The rest was okay. I thought that the maps would be a bigger part of the story.
Mary Rank
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm not ashamed to admit that I liked this light murder mystery. I read it because I about to go to Charleston SC for a long weekend with sisters and mother. It was fun to escape into the world of a tea shop owner who caters lots of events for the historical society and other Charleston groups. I loved reading about the menus, the tea service and the antiques, not to mention a touch of Charleston history. It was a little light in the actual revealing of who dunnit.
Talea
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Easy summer read. It wasn't a spine tingler, but it was great with a cup of tea after putting the kids to bed. I was able to get into it despite a bit of a cheesy start. It was enough to send me back for more of her work.
Suzanne Mundy
Mar 09, 2018 rated it liked it
In this the eleventh in the Tea Shop mysteries by Laura Childs, an antiquarian map collector is murdered. Theodosia Browning is harassed and fears for her life. As in most of Laura Childs mysteries, the murderer is the least suspected. A good read.
Barbara Lowdermilk
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Is it Theodosia that the person wanted dead or Daria who was killed? Lots of people had an interest in Daria's map shop-which means lots of suspects for Theodosia to check out. Read to see where this investigation leads.
D
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Did the murderer mistake the victim? Is Theodosia in danger?
Allison
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Enjoyed yet another mystery with Theo , Drayton and Haley. I wish there was a tea shop here.....I always seem to get hungry when reading Laura Child's tea shop mystery books !
Diane
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#11 in the series (A Tea Shop Mystery) Who killed Daria? I just love this series I wish we had a tea shop like this in our town. I love all the characters also.
Stephen Lawton
Sep 02, 2018 rated it liked it
The return of Jory's ex and a burgeoning romance for Haley added some colour to an otherwise standard cup of tea from Laura Childs
Natalie
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the story line, very good. First time reading this author.
Guera25
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
I have doggedly plowed my way through eleven of these things, and like an idiot beating her head against the wall, insensible to the pain in my head or the blood dripping into my eyes to sting and clot and burn, I will likely read the rest. But this one was an exercise in empty puffery. Nothing happened in two hundred and eighty pages. Theo never found a clue or interrogated a suspect, never did any sleuthing. She did, however, cater multiple fancy soirees with a staff of two, soirees that she h ...more
Cornerofmadness
Aug 05, 2011 rated it it was ok
Sara
Feb 26, 2017 rated it liked it
These books are always a fun read----clean language, no real violence, a good mystery with amusing people and interesting facts about tea.
Fawn Carriker
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a fun read...even though several times I was led astray when I jumped to (obvious) conclusions. My favorite part was the tea party recipes and tea hints in the back of the book. As someone who has always wanted to own a tea room, Laura Childs lets me vicariously enjoy being a shop owner through Theodosia Browning.

"The Teaberry Strangler" was a quick, easy read, and a great respite from heavier subjects.
Bridget
Feb 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011-reads
This is only the second or third book in this series that I've read, and I haven't even thought to read them in order, so there may be background in the stories that I'm not aware of. But this was an enjoyable read, and just the sort of thing I was in the mood to read at the time, so I consider it a win-win situation.

In this installment, Theodosia Browning is heading home one evening after the Back Alley Crawl, an event that was her suggestion, giving visitors and residents of Charleston, South
Clare O'Beara
Dec 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: america-crime
This is number eleven in a mystery series. Theodosia runs a tea and cakes shop in Charleston, giving it a southern flavour.
I liked some of the early books such as Death by Darjeeling and Shades of Earl Grey, but we might wonder why this lady is such a murder magnet.

Daria who owns the nearby map store is found strangled in the alley and possibly, someone mistook her for Thea. Alternatively the map store had been receiving attention from a potential buyer - and Daria had refused to sell. In tough
  • Holly Blues (China Bayles, #18)
  • Dangerous Alterations (A Southern Sewing Circle, #5)
  • The Diva Haunts the House (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #5)
  • Laughed 'Til He Died (Death on Demand, #20)
  • Lead-Pipe Cinch (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #2)
  • Chocolate Dipped Death (A Candy Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Roast Mortem (Coffeehouse Mystery, #9)
  • Skein of the Crime (A Knitting Mystery, #8)
  • Sentenced to Death (Booktown Mystery, #5)
  • Angel Condemned (Beaufort & Company, #5)
Laura Childs is a pseudonym for Gerry Schmitt and she is the best-selling author of the Tea Shop Mysteries, the Scrapbook Mysteries, and the Cackleberry Club Mysteries.

Laura Childs is the New York Times bestselling author of the Tea Shop Mysteries, Scrapbook Mysteries, and Cackleberry Club Mysteries. In her previous life she was CEO/Creative Director of her own marketing firm and authored several

A Tea Shop Mystery (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Death by Darjeeling (A Tea Shop Mystery, #1)
  • Gunpowder Green (A Tea Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Shades of Earl Grey (A Tea Shop Mystery, #3)
  • The English Breakfast Murder (A Tea Shop Mystery, #4)
  • The Jasmine Moon Murder (A Tea Shop Mystery, #5)
  • Chamomile Mourning (A Tea Shop Mystery, #6)
  • Blood Orange Brewing (A Tea Shop Mystery, #7)
  • Dragonwell Dead (A Tea Shop Mystery, #8)
  • The Silver Needle Murder (A Tea Shop Mystery, #9)
  • Oolong Dead (A Tea Shop Mystery, #10)