Start by marking “Magic and Other Misdemeanors” as Want to Read:

(The Sisters Grimm #5)

Sabrina and Daphne Grimm are ready to tackle their own case: who is stealing the magical possesions of the most powerful Everafters in town? With Granny distracted by Mayor Heart's campaign against human residents, the girl detectives appear to be on their own.
Published December 1st 2007 by Harry N. Abrams

To ask other readers questions about Magic and Other Misdemeanors, please sign up.
Paige Thorpe You dont you just rate and review books here. A website called Wattpad however may have a copy someone has taken the time to type up
( Note: There may…more
( Note: There may be typos in the persons writing )(less)

Start your review of Magic and Other Misdemeanors
BAM The Bibliomaniac
Well this concept is just darling! Great great granddaughters of the Brothers Grimm investigating fairy tale crimes-sign me up! I HAVE to read this entire series! I'm thoroughly engrossed, but I am a HUGE fairy tale fan. I must remember these books for my nieces.

2017 Reading Challenge: mythical creatures (I consider fairy tale characters to fit this category)
Malia Saldaña
May 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I always enjoy reading The Sisters Grimm stories!!! The ending leaves you on a huge cliff hanger though!
Kailyn Ellis
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Actual rating: 4.25/5 explosive stars!

Oh, oh, OH!!!!! This is a series that just gets better with each installment. Oh that ending though! I'm shook and SO pumped for the next one! (If you can't tell I just finished this a few minutes ago and need some time to wrap my head around it. But go read this series if you haven't.)
Leah Beecher
{the following review was written by my daughter who has decided to finish this series herself}

This book was very exiting and I found it very hard to put down. I did not see the twist coming at the end, like all the books in the series. The (recently elected) Mayor Heart (Queen of hearts) finally gets all the humans out of the town, that is except for the Grimms. Charming goes missing and Miss White is a wreak until Sabrina and Daphne stumble upon him in their next great adventure.
Marilyn
Jul 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Still loving this series. Buckley is a master at transforming fairy tale characters into "real" folks with personalities, quirks, faults and, of course, the good & evil aspects. Always with a good Everyafter plot too! Keeping this BabyBoomer reading series until the end, I expect! (I am still just a Big Kid.)
Jessica
Mar 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is the most twisted Sisters Grimm book yet. Meleah & I can't wait for the next one!
Jennifer Dai
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Choice book #1 Quarter 2

Book: The sisters Grimm book 5- Magic and other Misdemeanors is a fantasy book written by Michael Buckley.

Setting: The story takes place in a land called Ferryport landing.

The main characters: The main characters are Sabrina, a determined and courageous twelve year old girl. She also has a little sister named Daphne. Daphne is a bubbly seven year old girl. I think that Sabrina is dynamic because in the beginning of the story (Spoiler alert) she didn't believe that she
Joanna (BookandPages)
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book in the series I think! I love Puck and Sabrina so much!
Innastholiel

Possibly my new favourite. I love this series.
Devon Flaherty
Apr 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Sisters Grimm series by Michael Buckley, published from 20015-2012 by Amulet Books and illustrated by Peter Ferguson.

The entire award-winning, New York Times Best-selling series:

Tales From the Hood
The Everafter War
The Inside Story
The Council of Mirrors

My nine year old (since she was eight) is in love with these books. She is now reading Harry Potter, has enjoyed the Chronicles of
Justyn Rampa
Jun 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I am beside myself.

If there were a rating above 5 stars, I would give it, but alas being the hyperbolic, extreme rater that I am find myself giving 5s out like they are candy, so I will give out yet another to a series that has received nothing but 5 stars from me, which is a slight disservice. I say that because now in the wake of this incredibly awesome book...I can only give it a 5 and there is nothing to differentiate it from the other books in the series.

So I will discuss what I can in my
Kim  Dennis
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Of all the Sisters Grimm books, this is the one I have liked the most so far. For one thing, Ms. Smirt wasn't in it, so I didn't have to get offended on behalf of all hard-working social workers out there. :) But more than that, this one was different. It had some twists that I really enjoyed. I was a little frustrated with the ending -- it was a cliffhanger ending. I much prefer to have books end with a real ending. It is possible to do. (Buckley did it with the first book, so I wish he would ...more
✨Jinglemarco✨  Маркуша - Мишутка (Nursery rhymes enthusiast)*

I really have difficulties rating this book because, while it was better than the first three installments in the series (I didn't like it as the fourth one) - the mystery aspects is interesting, the plot is more twisted and there are more Everafter charachters involved -, it is full of plot holes, not so good writing and superficiality overall. For example, when it's time for a list of Everafters, after two or three names there's 'etc.', so the reader basically gets to see always the usual
Jun 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sisters-grimm
This book was absolutely hilarious i laughes for atleast a half hour straight when i read the 'my name is Sabrina Grimm this is my sister Daphne Grimm and my husband Puck' even though i saw it coming i just had to laugh and if youve read the others youll know what i mean
What do you get when you have magical items disappearing and taxes on mortals that are coming straight from the Mayor the Queen of Hearts? You have Ferryport Landing children home of Sabrina Daphne and Relda Grimm desendants of
Michael_814
To me this book deserves a 96/A+. This book deserves a 96/A+ because it has emotion, action, and mystery all wrapped up into the same book. When I started to read this book I could never put it down. Every time I would get one mystery solved another one came in. IT was just an amazing experience of being able to read reading this book.
In this book, Sabrina and Daphne decide to take on this big quest of trying to figure out, who is stealing the mystical possessions of different Everafters.
~Taylor~
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore this book. It's the perfect blend of mystery, suspense, action, and humor. Not to mention the romance between Sabrina and Puck.
In this book, Sabrina, Daphne, and long lost Prince Charming go through a tear in time. They are stuck 15 years into the future! Where Mr. Canis loses to the Big Bad Wolf, Baba Yaga is dead, Uncle Jacob was murdered, and the Scarlet hand has taken over the town. Not to mention that Sabrina and Puck get married! Can they find a way back? And will they
Donna
Jan 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I think this was my favorite Grimm book so far. It had incredible details and what a neat story line. I also liked the rips in time and Sabrina and Daphne's encounter with their future selves. Buckley also opened up some doors as to the backgrounds of his characters, plus what a suspenseful ending and Prince Charming, who we thought was a friend to the Grimms turns out to join the Scarlet Hand. Actually, I suspect he's going to be a double agent. I look forward to reading the sixth book!
Richardc
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The 5th Sisters Grimm book is about how the sister’s try to solve a mystery of three stolen objects. As they do this, they get sucked in a time rip (a rip in the timeline) and are able to see the future. It is a difficult task for them to get back through a time rip.. While all of this is happening granny and every non fairy tale person is having a hard time with mayor Hart taxing them so hard. They are trying to make the money that is needed. They end up befriending prince Charming and the ...more
Anushka
Jul 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: catalogued

Warning: Spoilers for Books 1 - 6 are inevitable in this review.

Oh, and find this review, and the my reviews of the rest of the Sisters Grimm series, as well as my reviews of many other books on my blog, Feminist Quill: https://feministquill.wordpress.com/2...

This review covers books four to six of The Sisters Grimm series. I'm your reviewer for the day, and if I sound a tad automated, it's because I'm too tired to be witty.

*Puts on Damon Salvatore voice*

Once Upon Crime finally lets the
April
Enter time-travel issues. Did it happen because you went back to fix it and stop it from happening..ya, mind blown!

An incredibly fun series...glad we found it. While it's not the typically, epic good VS bad Narnia or LOTR kind of thing going on, there are some serious battle elements! The fairy tale characters are so entertaining...and it's hard to tell who is good and who is bad at this stage. The Scarlet Hand is running rampant and time is not on the Grimm's side. They've only got a few more
Rachel Meyer
Well, it took four books but I finally like Sabrina. She's turned away from old selfish, angry self and while she's not perfect, she's a much nicer person.

I enjoyed this book. The time jumping was a little weird, but magic has weird side effects. I'm just hoping the rest of the books aren't going to be messed up because of what they saw. I did guess a lot of what was going to happen, but I didn't see the ending coming. It was interesting.

A pretty good book and I can't wait to read on in the
Twyla
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cynthia Egbert
Dec 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: library
This was just what I needed after finishing a ponderous tome that is still haunting me. This helped to bring me back down to earth with a smile. I love the characters in the Sisters Grimm books and am enjoying their exploits. If you have a young reader who loves magic and fairy tales, I recommend them highly. This particular adventure even feels a wee bit like Doctor Who because of the time travel!
Mary Jo Swintek
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
World of fairy tale characters

I started reading this series after reading Chris Colfer's books of The Land of Stories. In his 4th book he brought back how stories happened with the help of Wilhelm and Jacob Grimm. I haven't read the complete tales of the Brothers Grimm but that will be when I am finished with this series. This is a really good series. I enjoy reading. I like reading to my students and this is a series I would recommend to them.
Brianne
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
My favorite one since the first book. I continue to think Puck is a great character and am also super frustrated that Buckley chose to use such a stereotype of having a preteen boy talk to girls about how ugly they are. Maybe I’m being too sensitive, but I have to keep reminding my boys that this is not how we talk to people. This may be more noticeable bc we’re listening to the audiobooks.
Jameyanne Fuller
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As a law student, I just adore the title of this book, though I have to say some of the things going on in this book are definitely felonies. This series has continued to be good fun. It’s turning drker and more intense, but it still has a wonderful tone, and I love how much is crammed into each book. Can’t wait to get my hands on the next one.
Doris
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Our mythical detectives return and continue to try to deduce what happened to their parents, and find a major surprise along the way. This book has a gimmick I dislike - time travel!

Usually time travel solves all issues, but in this book - well lets just say that even in time travel it can be difficult to see the future!

A much better read than the last few in the series.
Susan
Dec 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I like the stories in this series, but I wish the editor had done a better job. Chapters are overly long at times, and there’s a lack of diversity in sentence structure sometimes. It gets old reading dialogue where every sentence ends with “so-and-so said.”
C.J. Milbrandt
When magical items begin disappearing around town, the Grimms are on the case. Tears and taxes. Radio shows and red hand prints. Billy and Baba Yaga. Princesses and poker nights.

These cliff hangers get me every time. Onward!
Olivia Schonwalder
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved how they went back in time! ...more

• Scumble (Savvy, #2)
  • Peter and the Shadow Thieves (Peter and the Starcatchers, #2)
  • Rump: The True Story of Rumpelstiltskin
  • Touch Blue
  • The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg
  • Al Capone Shines My Shoes (Al Capone at Alcatraz, #2)
  • The Magician's Elephant
  • Gregor the Overlander (Underland Chronicles, #1)
  • The Penderwicks at Point Mouette (The Penderwicks, #3)
  • Molly Moon & the Morphing Mystery (Molly Moon, #5)
  • A Grimm Warning (The Land of Stories, #3)
  • Spill the Beans (Whatever After #13)
  • The Enchantress Returns (The Land of Stories, #2)
  • Peter and the Secret of Rundoon (Peter and the Starcatchers, #3)
  • An Author's Odyssey (The Land of Stories, #5)
  • Worlds Collide (The Land of Stories, #6)
  • A Tale Dark & Grimm
  • Beyond the Kingdoms (The Land of Stories, #4)
New York Times bestselling author Michael Buckley was born in Akron, Ohio. He tried his hand as a stand-up comic and lead singer for a punk rock back before attending Ohio University. After graduating with honors he moved to New York City to be an intern on the Late Show with David Letterman which led to stints developing programming for Discovery Networks, MTV, MTV Animation and Klasky Csupo ...more

The Sisters Grimm (9 books)
  • The Fairy-Tale Detectives
  • The Unusual Suspects
  • The Problem Child
  • Once Upon a Crime
  • Tales From the Hood
  • The Everafter War
  • The Inside Story
  • The Council of Mirrors
“I was going to say he's aimless," the witch replied. "I know he's a bit old to be old to living at home with his mom, but he's had a difficult time holding a job. He's worked at Wendy's, Taco Bell, and Burger King, but it all ends the same way- he challenges his manager to combat, takes over the restaurant, and enslaves his coworkers. Then it's back to video games." - Morgan le Fay” 49 likes
“Is this a torture chamber?" Puck asked eagerly. "Listen to all the suffering! Isn't it cool?"
"This is a dental office," the receptionist explained. "People come here to get a healthy smile."
There was another groan.
Puck laughed. "Sure! That guy sounds like he's smiling alright. Are you hiring?”
15 likes