Start by marking “The Insomnia Workbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Getting the Sleep You Need” as Want to Read:
The Insomnia Workbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Getting the Sleep You Need

The Insomnia Workbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Getting the Sleep You Need

Forget expensive mattresses, fancy foam pillows, and white noise machines. There's no better treatment for insomnia than cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). Research has shown that CBT works even better than powerful sleep medications, and with this workbook, it's easier than ever to put these strategies to work to help you ward off insomnia and finally get to sleep.

The In
Published June 1st 2009 by New Harbinger Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Insomnia Workbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Insomnia Workbook

Mike
Jan 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-help
It's been a few months since reading The Insomnia Workbook but thought I would wait to jot some several thoughts down with regard to the efficacy of its treatment. Some general things about its effectiveness:

(1) The sleep log it includes is one of the most thorough and user-friendly ones. While some people may feel fatigued answering some of the obvious questions every day - "No, I don't smoke"; "No, I didn't drink" - I took those as indicators that, since I don't smoke and rarely drink, I was h
Gaijinmama
Aug 07, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people looking for drug-free approaches to sleep problems.
Shelves: nonfiction
I disagree with some of the author's ideas (for example, she's an advocate of "sleep-training " babies, which doesn't fit my parenting style or the culture I live in). Also, some of her points were obvious, No-Spit-Sherlock. I mean, really? Stress and too much caffeine can cause insomnia?? Who knew!
That said, this book has some good, straightforward advice and practical exercises, so I do recommend it for those who are just getting started dealing with drug-free approaches to sleep problems.
Linda Allasia
I had already tried all suggestions in this book. Therefore I didn't get much out of this book. Having said that, I feel this is a very good book for anyone in search of sleep hygiene habits.
Linda Allasia
I feel that this book is worthwhile, however, I had already tried most all of the suggestions.
Robert Muller
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is a solid introduction and workbook for the cognitive behavioral therapy approach to dealing with non-apnea insomnias. Silberman explains succinctly and cogently the theory and practice behind the approach and clearly lays out the techniques and rationales for the various components. I can't say my sleep has improved tremendously yet, but I know how to do something about it now.
Brian
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book for anyone who has difficulty sleeping.
Ashley Riggs-Snader
Stresses CBT to assist in helping insomnia and I've found this to help me a lot!!! Great book! Extremely helpful
Alek