Start by marking “Eleventh Grade Burns (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #4)” as Want to Read:
Eleventh Grade Burns (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #4)

Eleventh Grade Burns

(The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod #4)

Things have taken a darker turn for the half-human teenager with an appetite for blood. Joss, a vampire slayer and Vlad's former friend, has moved back to Bathory. A mysterious and powerful new vampire, Dorian, appears with a shocking secret and an overwhelming desire to drink Vlad's blood. And Vlad's arch enemy, D'Ablo, has a sinister plan to eliminate Vlad once and for a ...more
Published February 9th 2010 by Dutton Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2010)

Start your review of Eleventh Grade Burns (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #4)
Sarah705
Feb 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
I LOVED the end of this book. It wasn't at all expected, and as soon as I finished it I wanted more! Vladimir really matures throughout the course of the story, and I think his character becomes a lot more complex. At the beggining I was a little unsure, but by the end I cared for him so deeply.

Vlad matures a lot during the course of the story, mostly emotionally. Although he's a half-vampire, he's also a teenage boy. He has a lot to deal with even excluding his vampire issues.

I guess every high
Gabriela G
Jan 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
As always this book was amazing, I mean what else should you expect from Heather Brewer and her series of Vladmir Tod? If you thought book number 3 was action packed and amazing, then you really should brace yourself for book number 4! The blurb to this book explains eveything that happens in a nut shell:
"Eleventh grade at Bathory High is draining Vladimir Tod. Joss, a professional vampire slayer and Vlad's former friend, has moved back to town. The powerful vampire Dorian has an overwhelming d
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
You will cry and cheer as this larger- than- life story come pulsing together with an explosive end that will have you exhaling "OMG!"
B. Jean
That ending? Dang.

I like how my last review was a complaint about how underdeveloped Meredith was, and then they addressed it in this book by saying Vlad barely knew her at all. I was rooting for Snow the whole time.

Also, can I just say that I love Henry? I love that he's some normal popular kid who just happens to be best friends with a "goth" who is actually a vampire. Just love that dynamic.

I have a hard time taking the vampire council seriously. It's just... all dramatics, nothing below th
Jan 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Why haven't I been reading this series already? Vladimir Tod's story is a great vampire story - nothing sparkles, but Tod's half-human, half-vampire nature leads him to claim to prefer to not drink human blood (so kind of a vegetarian). The Slayer/vampire conflict will resonate with any Buffy/Angel fan, but the bromance (sorry, I just couldn't help myself there) will really appeal to male readers.

In this episode, Vlad's struggle with his junior year in high school and the heartbreak he feels ov
Gabriela
Oct 26, 2009 marked it as to-read
Counting down the days... in February 2010 that book will be mine >_> ...more
Alexandra
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I spoiled myself two days ago with the last word of the book.
A very nice cliffhanger. even if you read the book a second time :D
WaltS_C2
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book, probably more than all the others so far. There were so many more romantic aspects. There were so many moments that were mysterious. There were so many moments of power. Moments of greed. Bloodlust. Death. But most of all, caring. And that is what I love so much about this series. There is pain, death and betrayal. But in these books, it all comes down to relationships. Loving ones, hating ones, and ones of friendship and family. Vlad is not so much a vampire, as he is ...more
Whitney
EDIT: Changed Brewer's name and pronouns.

I'm surprised myself that Eleventh Grade Burns actually got an above two stars rating from me. I'm glad that the story has picked up but it's a shame that it's taken the second to last book for me to get somewhat into this series.

In Eleventh Grade Burns Vladimir Tod not only has to deal with his Junior year of high school but also his old vampire slayer friend Joss moving back, a powerful vampire named Dorian who wants his half-human blood, and his uncle
Once
Jan 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Let me start off by saying, the ending of this book left me with my jaw on the floor! Didn't see THAT coming!!!

In this book, we see the return of Henry's cousin and Vlad's former friend, Joss. Vlad made a tough decision at the end of book 3 and must deal with the consequences in this and the final book in the series.

Otis makes a return to Bathory and Bathory High School...as a teacher. Vlad is enjoying having his uncle around more often, but it won't be long before he'll be gone forever. And a n
Ericaj
May 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Autumn
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ohhhh, Vlad. He slightly irritated me in this one. Don't get me wrong, I understand Vladimir is growing up and is being immature, but half his problems would disappear if he wasn't so naive. Or gave his enemies the benefit of the doubt. This people try to kill him and he always shows mercy. It drove me insane.

That ending though... I have to read the final book RIGHT NOW!
Laurel
Sep 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People looking for that special YA series
Recommended to Laurel by: My kickass sister
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This book.
This book has given me more emotion than I ever thought possible. Like...I thought My Sister's Keeper was bad. But Eleventh Grade Burns flew me out a window and laughed at my misery. I screamed at it, I cheered at it, I wanted to throw it down (for reasons of raging dread). If you are avoiding this because of vampires, don't avoid it. Please. This is good YA.

The story is about Vlad's junior year at Bathory High. It's gonna suck(hahaha), and he's dreading his Uncle Otis's trial for kill
Stacy Croushorn
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
It was ok, but I have to admit that I haven’t read the other books in the series. I’m certain had I read those, my understanding of things would have been better.
zack
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow, a Vlad Tod book that finally breaks four stars! I absolutely enjoyed this book and it was so close to being a five-star read, but I couldn't ignore the glaring issues I personally saw.

Normally I would give a short synopsis of a book, but due to the fact that I suck at summarizing (and I call myself a writer), I'm not going to bother any longer. Plus, this review is only going up on Goodreads and the summary can be accessed above, so let's just get on with it, shall we?

Let's start off with t
CeJayCe
Mar 16, 2010 rated it liked it
I found this series gets more enjoyable with every book. I was drawn in more to the plot and I didn't find nearly as many faults with Brewer's writing style. I think she improved a lot with this book. And I also feel like it's a gradual improvement, which is good since I wasn't thrown completely into a story that was so much better written I had to question whether or not she really wrote it.

So things I did find troubling, first off, was that she got rid of two of what I considered her best char
Rachel Fisher
Feb 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Another blood sucking suspense by Heather Brewer,Eleventh Grade Burns. Vlad starts his Junior year with slayers gaining on his back. School is hard enough to handle, but with slayers trying to kill you, you have to work even harder. A vamipre that Vlad never knew about, Dorian, is out for Vlad's blood.Eddie is still trying to admit that Vlad is a vampire and it is so hard for Vlad to stop thinking about Meredith. A new character joins the suspense named Snow.Ever sense Vlad met Snow at the crypt ...more
Chelsea Gouin
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: vampires
Meh. I'm a bit over this series. It's really not written very well and the plot has gotten repetitive and boring. In the fourth book of the series, we see Vlad, now 16 and starting his Junior year struggle with the aftermath of breaking up with Meredith. D'Ablo stil wants to steal the Pravus status, Otis faces a death trial, and Joss is back in Bathroy to stay. Vlad finally has some chemistry with another character as Snow has become a second drudge and a feeding bag for the young vamp. However, ...more
Marcus Lawson
Jun 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: purty-good
I just finished this book a few weeks ago. I have followed Vlad since the first book. Mostly, the cover caught my eye, and as expected, the synopsis on the back sealed the deal. I was kinda iffy on the first couple of books, even though I did like them because evryone wants to compare to Twilight. These books stand alone, and are very much the male response to Twilight. But the biggest thing is that these books MAKE SENSE. They're vampires! They drink blood. They maim. They kill. As sadistic as ...more
Amy
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
The only thing I can say after finishing this book is....Oh... My... Goodness!! This book was FILLED with twists and wonderful teenage drama. Vlad still attempts to renew his friendship with Joss, there is a new girl on the scene, plus there is the little life or death situation with his uncle. Everything goes down in this book and by the end... if you aren't thinking "Did I read that right?" as you reread the same page just to be sure, you are not human.

I still love how the book brings in all
Taylor
Apr 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Jamie
May 26, 2010 rated it liked it
Excellent novel. A lot of gripping emotion, drama and humour that has you hooked from the first page. If you're a fan of paranormal/vampires, I highly recommend. If you're not a fan, then I wouldn't recommend. But all in all a great book.
Tristan Hardin
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I recommend this book to everyone. It's great, full of action and your left with a cliffhanger. Heather brought back Joss which always makes things interesting. It's a great book and it was fun to read.
Katrina
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!?! I ... I don't know honestly. I can't comprehend what's happening right now. That ending is just everything.

description
Ryan Burt
Oct 02, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like the Vlad Todd books quite a bit. It is another Vampire read but still quite enjoyable.
Lindis Russell
Mar 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better!!!
Melissa Simons
May 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reese and I read this series over break on her Kindle. Harry Potter meets Twilight :)
Dizneeee
Sep 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Wooo! Tables turned. Mysteries to solve in the last book! I can't waaaaiiiit!
Gabe
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was a great book, keeping me reading until the end. Speaking of the end, it was amazing, made me want to read the next one.
mayra/sonic fan1
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
yai this book is really awesome but everyone should read all of the series trust me this book is awesome i like the first novel the setting there was a good choice to put the characters.
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine those books 2 10 Jun 04, 2019 01:03AM
valdimir tod 14 78 Apr 26, 2013 08:04AM
. 3 53 Sep 22, 2009 05:35AM

• Dance with a Vampire (Vampire Kisses, #4)
  • Royal Blood (Vampire Kisses, #6)
  • Fang (Maximum Ride, #6)
  • Suck It Up (Suck It Up, #1)
  • The Blood Between Us
  • The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses, #5)
  • Love Bites (Vampire Kisses, #7)
  • Cryptic Cravings (Vampire Kisses, #8)
  • Angel (Maximum Ride, #7)
  • Queen of the Dead (The Ghost and the Goth, #2)
  • Kissing Coffins (Vampire Kisses, #2)
  • The New Order (The Young World, #2)
  • Drag Teen
  • Toy Story 2: A Read-Aloud Storybook
  • Little Red Riding Hood
  • I Am Rosa Parks
  • Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II
  • The Rag and Bone Shop
Heather Brewer is the pseudonym of Zac Brewer…but you can call him Z.

Zac is the NYT bestselling author of The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod series, as well as The Slayer Chronicles series, Soulbound, The Cemetery Boys, The Blood Between Us, and more short stories than he can recall.

He grew up on a diet of Twilight Zone and books by Stephen King. He chased them down with every drop of horror he could

The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod (5 books)
  • Eighth Grade Bites (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #1)
  • Ninth Grade Slays (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #2)
  • Tenth Grade Bleeds (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #3)
  • Twelfth Grade Kills (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #5)

News & Interviews

“Oh my glob!” 43 likes
“...Your angry and jealous and in the mood to do some forceful dentistry” 37 likes