Start by marking “Stolen Promise” as Want to Read:
Stolen Promise

Stolen Promise

(Dark Hearts #1)

Cultures clash and passions collide when a stunning deathbed confession by his mother sends Evan Dark, the heir to a sprawling South Carolina plantation, to England in search of information about the father he never knew.

Evan, a Southern gentleman who has just discovered his Gypsy heritage, cannot resist coming to the aid of a spirited young Gypsy woman, Jade of the Lo
Mass Market Paperback, 376 pages
Published March 1st 2010 by Medallion Press (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Stolen Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stolen Promise

Start your review of Stolen Promise
Susan Gottfried
Mar 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
From http://rockread.westofmars.com

When Lisa Marie Wilkinson sent me a copy of her first book, Fire at Midnight, it was to thank me for the posts I'd made for her at Win a Book. This happens not often enough; authors sending books to me and Bridget to say thanks. We've read some great stuff, and (rarely) some not-so-great stuff. And we've appreciated the chance to experience it all.

Fire at Midnight was a standout for me. I loved the way Lisa Marie (Yep, we're on a first-name basis) was able to
Terra
Jan 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Stolen Promise by Lisa Marie Wilkinson is one romance book that will hold its promise of everything we have come to expect from a historical romance novel. I really don't think I've read a book about Gypsies before but I must say that this is a must have read. Absolutely scrumptious!

Jade is not only a Gypsy, but like most of her people she is astoundingly beautiful. Green eyes that draw you into their depths with raven hair that has a halo of blueish to it to make it shine like spun silk. She we
TJ
May 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
I read this a while ago and while I remember I really enjoyed it, I'm afraid I can't remember enough of the particulars to write a comprehensive review. I wish I could give it a 3.5 rating. It deserves better than a three but not enough in my opinion for a 4. Oh well, we'll be generous! ...more
LWB Marissa
Jan 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Stolen Promise is the second novel of Lisa Marie Wilkinson and from page one it demanded my full attention for this story takes off full steam ahead! Lisa Marie Wilkinson threw me back in time to the early 1800’s, with a great eye for historical detail she took me on a touching journey to the Romany culture with its many beliefs and customs and the every-day-plantation-life of the crème de la crème of Charleston’s society.

With Evan Dark Lisa Marie Wilkinson created a classic hero, he is strong,
Helena
Jun 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Lorraine Durbin
Dec 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Sabrina
Dec 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lisa Marie Wilkinson created a romance story that was different and extremely fun to read. There were so many twists and turns; just when you thought you’d get the HEA something drastic would happen.

I especially liked the submission into the gypsy world. It is clear the author had extensive knowledge with this way of life.

I was impressed with this book and am glad I read it.
Jacquelyn Smith
Jan 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jade flees from the Lowara gypsy camp as she rejects the abusive Demitri. Along the way she meet the half - breed american gypsy Evan Dark. He refuses to help her and returned her to the encampment.

I enjoyed this more than I expected it had an interesting plot.
Pam
Mar 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it!!!
Kim
Dec 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Just what I was looking for, a lovely historical romance.
Rosemary
Oct 20, 2009 marked it as to-read
Lisa writes about an area that I'm familiar with and love to read the accuracy ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
Not as good as her 1st novel, Fire at Midnight but still a decent read. Evan Dark goes in search of his gypsy roots. Jade was promised to an evil and cruel gypsy in marriage but she runs and encounters, Evan. He ends up married to her in a gypsy style wedding. He returns to his plantation in South Carolina but doesn't acknowledge his wedding. ...more
Jessica
Nov 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
not knowing what a decent amount of words the heroine said meant i could get over. A patronizing hero i kept trying. When the hero is cheating on a fiance with the heroine who is little more than a total stranger to him? Thats when im done done done. DNF
Lindsay
May 14, 2014
Judith
Jun 20, 2010
trashy ebook reader
rated it did not like it
Mar 04, 2018