Start by marking “Cookbook for Girls” as Want to Read:
Cookbook for Girls

Cookbook for Girls

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  74 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Featuring more than 50 delicious dishes for making with friends, serving at parties, and learning all about the kitchen, Cookbook for Girls inspires young girls to have fun in the kitchen and get creative with food. Fabulous food is the theme of this book, which includes extra craft projects that are guaranteed to help young hostesses serve up their culinary achievement in ...more
Published February 16th 2009 by DK Children

To ask other readers questions about Cookbook for Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cookbook for Girls

Zoe
Sep 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I got it at the library a while ago, LOVED one of the recipes and the had to return it and forgot to write the recipe down. I'm going to the library today in hopes to find it again!
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
This is such an amazing cookbook for young girls if they might have their friends over they can enjoy a lovely meal together in style, I love the title, the graphic design of the book, and everything about it, I wish for a sequel. The recipes are absolutely delicious, I got it when I SERIOUSLY couldn't cook years ago and I found the "grownup" cooking book intimidating. The book includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks and lastly styling your table for your guest. I loved that everything ...more
Kristin
Aug 05, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks, j-books
The feminist in me absolutely hates the title of this book. I almost didn't take it home from the library, but the pictures and format of the pages are dynamic. The directions for the recipes are excellent. Would recommend for teens that need encouragement to cook on their own. Would recommend the publisher create a cookbook for TEENS and skip the gender classification.
Carol-Lynn
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Such a pretty book!
Rachel
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
The title of this book is misleading. Except for a couple pages of girly invitations and place settings at the end, and the fact that many dishes are plated on pink tableware this is a good cookbook for boys and girls.

I haven't tried any of the recipes yet, so I can't comment on quality. But there is a good variety of recipes. And because it is a kids cookbook, and the recipes seem fairly simple I may even try some meals that normally would seem intimidating (vegetable tempura).

The recipes trave
paula
Trying to ignore the idiotic title and color palette...on the inside I find myself trying to see past the foofy typefaces and lack of white space. Great closeup photos of finished food, good process photos (hands only). Will be worth suffering through a book with DK Design Disease to see if the recipes hold up.
Alex