Start by marking “Make Love, Make War: NOW Is the Time to Worship” as Want to Read:
Make Love, Make War: NOW Is the Time to Worship

Make Love, Make War: NOW Is the Time to Worship

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Worship elevates us into God's presence, renews our spirits, and expresses our deepest love for our Savior. Yet worship can also be a call to arms, a battle cry, a salvo in an ancient spiritual struggle.

Acclaimed songwriter Brian Doerksen believes that God is calling us to both love and to battle. To spread peace and wage spiritual warfare. We do this through how we live,
Published August 1st 2009 by David C. Cook

To ask other readers questions about Make Love, Make War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make Love, Make War

Paula Brown
Jan 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous. Whether you write music or not. Highly recommended. Thought-provoking. Encouraging.
Janet Sketchley
The title of this one may be a little intimidating, but look at the subtitle: "NOW is the time to worship." Songwriter Brian Doerksen challenges Christians to adopt an intentional lifestyle of loving and serving God.

Each chapter begins with one of Brian Doerksen's songs. Part memoir, part expansion on the themes that sparked the songs, this is an honest reflection on circumstances both joyful and sad. Topics include a Christian's identity, the importance of gratitude, the Father's love, hearing
Dec 31, 2009 rated it really liked it
Make Love, Make War has been one of the most enriching books I’ve read in a very long time. I learned much about the heart of this man, his devotion to God and family, his intimate and intense love for God and the His Church (The Bride), and his musical works. He has a specific purpose for writing each and every song. The reasons may surprise you. I know I delighted in them.

Although I have no background in music, Brian’s life history behind his songs have been an inspiration to me. To top it off
Rachelle Sperling
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
As soon as I read the introduction I was hooked. Love and war are at the core of our relationship with Christ. We are in the middle of an ancient battle and when we worship we wage war!

I have always enjoyed hearing the stories behind the songs. It is encouraging and oftentimes challenging to hear the ways that God moved and taught that resulted in the music that leads us in praise of His glory.

The only thing that would make this book better is if it was offered with an audio CD of the songs. If
Valerie
Jan 26, 2016 rated it liked it
So far - so so. But I'm not done yet and will add more when I've finished it.

Okay - finished it and it definitely got stronger after the first three chapters. He writes from his heart. Overall, I think songwriters or musicians would get much more out of this book than the average lay person but there are still gems here to uncover.
Chuck
Sep 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Though it started slow and I almost put it down, this book became a wonderful source of inspiration Mixing biblical reflection, personal narratives, and worshipful insight, the author invites us to deeper life of worship. Definately book worth reading.
Adi