Start by marking “Tickle Monster Laughter Kit [With Tickle Mitts]” as Want to Read:
Tickle Monster Laughter Kit [With Tickle Mitts]

Tickle Monster Laughter Kit [With Tickle Mitts]

Share the treasured gift of laughter with your child Josie Bissett's enchanted new book is well on its way to becoming a celebrated children's classic. A loveable monster with big puffy mitts has just flown in from Planet Tickle. His mission is to bring joy and laughter to Planet Earth. How? By tickling any child who happens to follow along in this book. Parents read aloud ...more
Published September 1st 2009 by Compendium Publishing & Communications (first published August 15th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Tickle Monster Laughter Kit [With Tickle Mitts], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tickle Monster Laughter Kit [With Tickle Mitts]

Start your review of Tickle Monster Laughter Kit [With Tickle Mitts]
Natalie {I'd So Rather Be Reading}
Jul 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
I got this "kit" for my kids and it was a BIG HIT! Hats off to Josie Bissett. The set came with The Tickle Monster book and Tickle Monster Gloves, which matched the character from the book. As we read the story my husband put on the gloves and "changed" into the Tickle Monster and we followed the direction of the book. I used this to teach my little ones the importance of laughing each day... lets just say mission accomplished.
Angie
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture
Here's another one where my rating is quite different from everyone else's.

I liked the illustrations but come on. "Here let me prove it--holy moly kind kitties, The next place to tickle is your under-arm pitties"?

Or is it because I'm not a parent?
Grace Huey
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
No help needed: tickled, happiest, silliest, galaxy, Texas, fingers, dizzy, wiggly, footsie, scheme, exactly, secret, knee, pretending, tackle, moment, monkeys, believing, nibble, kangaroo, elephant, octopus, platypus, elbows, eyebrows, enough, laughing, monster, know

Help needed: zaniest, Venus, Pisa, Sphinx, Gisa, tizzy, quite, frizzy, squiggly, venture, ought, putsie, adorable, boney, request, fishes, outrageous, decided, beagle, toucan, obvious, marvelous, serious, mysterious, crowning, achi
J
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this to a group of toddlers. Lots of smiles and giggles were had.
Vicki
Dec 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I could give this more than 5 stars I would! This book fills your home with genuine laughter - nothing better than a child's giggle. This will do it!
Rachel
Sep 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book caught my eye because the cover is cute! This book is a rhyming book kind of like Dr. Seuss's books. It didn't have much of a theme or lesson you could learn from it but it was a good book to read for down time or for younger students to read on their own. It was a fun book and easy read for younger elementary kids. Though it wasn't my favorite child book I've read it wasn't horrible, but I would pick Dr. Seuss before this book.
Roberta
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book tremendously. My son and I wore a glove a piece and took turns tickling each other silly. Great book.
M.
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun book for kids to be tortured with tickling.
Melissa
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book to my nephew today. It was a fun book that was obviously a family favourite. My nephews loved being tickled along with the story.
Tiffany Barger Bruno
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An absolute favorite in our house!
Melissa Shea
Picture- The ticke monster comes from the planet tickle. He brings joy and laughter to planet Earth.
Kristi
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one is a favorite around our house and has been for the past couple years! My 4-year old loves putting on the gloves to be the tickle monster.
Brian Holmes
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I want to hat this book so badly, every time I have to read it... Again. But the kid giggles and the gloves make me go back every time my kids make me read this bloody book, again.
Valencia
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an awesome book! I love the illustrations and the story is adorable.
Michelle Kartchner
This is such a fun book to read with kids! They love using the mittens as we read it.
Gretchen H.
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
6 months- this book got lots of giggles
Derek
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My 4 year old loves this book.
David Haggett
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easily 4 stars for Kevan's Atteberry's illustrations! (Though perhaps a little long in rhyme at times.)
Erin Gunderson
Maybe I'm not a fan of tickle books? This one felt just a bit awkward. I love the illustrations, but not so much a fan of the rhyming structure or the story.
Dec 10, 2019 added it
Shelves: baby-books
GREAT GIFT FOR BABIES
Atlantis
Cute book about tickling. If you have a child who is always asking for tickles than this book is for them! It is a fun read-to-me that becomes interactive if you try out all the tickle moves.
Read with Rose and Bear
A great bit of fun and wonderful to gift to friends!
Stephanie Rossman
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great hands-on tickling book to read to your children or any other kid that you want to tickle!
Tejal
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this book to my nephew and we had so much fun. Good book to read with kids.
Brianna Payne
I loved it. My niece loved it. It doesn't get much better than that!
Cami Read
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite children's book. Fun, rhyming, and fun to tickle kiddos while reading. Easy to memorize
Virginia
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Adorable and lots of fun to read with children!
Viviane Elbee
Great title. Rhyming poem about an alien tickle monster who chases after a bunny to tickle him. Kids can sometimes guess the body part word that comes next, but sometimes the rhymes are a little out-there, like underarm pitties.
Martha
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a book we gifted to our granddaughter with the tickle mits. It is great fun to read and tickle!
Linda Gill
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having just landed his spaceship from Planet Tickle, Tickle Monster is silly and fun, loving to tickle young children, even children of all ages!

The rhyming text leads you to each place this Tickle Monster will attack next throwing in a bit of anticipation when a page end with "..." and you must turn that page to find the spot.

The illustrations are large and colorful and as you can see by the pictures above, there is absolutely NO fear involved with this "monster." This is a fun and easy book
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Pete the Cat and His Magic Sunglasses
  • The Dinky Donkey
  • Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons
  • Little Owl's Night
  • Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?
  • Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed
  • Afternoon on the Amazon (Magic Tree House, #6)
  • Big Dog...Little Dog: A Bedtime Story
  • Piranhas Don't Eat Bananas
  • The Very Busy Spider
  • Scaredy Squirrel Goes Camping
  • I Love You, Stinky Face
  • Tiny T. Rex and the Impossible Hug
  • Hotel Bruce (Mother Bruce, #2)
  • Some Monsters Are Different
  • I Really Like Slop! (Elephant & Piggie, #24)
  • Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
  • Together on Top of the World: The Remarkable Story of the First Couple to Climb the Fabled Seven Summits

News & Interviews