Start by marking “The Next Best Bride (Once Upon a Wedding, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Next Best Bride (Once Upon a Wedding, #5)

Read eBook* *Different edition

The Next Best Bride (Once Upon a Wedding #5)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  200 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
When Helena Fenster's twin sister jilts her fianc Rand Mallon--the man Helena herself loves--Helena is surprised when Rand is prepared to marry her in her sister's place. Yet how can Helena marry the man she adores when it is obvious that, for him at least, one woman is as good as another? Soon, they are walking down the aisle, but Helena vows to convince her husband she i ...more
Published April 1st 2002 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about The Next Best Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Next Best Bride

Theresa Brandt
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read with a few flaws

There is a lot to like about this book and a few things to dislike. I liked the characterization of Rand, a deeply troubled man who feels the pressure to marry and produce an heir at the threatening behest of his autocratic, deeply oppressive, near maniacal grandfather.

When his chosen bride backs out, he chooses her twin sister, Helena. Helena is a good deal more reserved than her sister, but is determined to make her unusual bargain with Rand become a true marriage.
Agnes
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Honestly this felt like mostly just a lot of sex scenes strung together by an absurd plot that didn't even make that much sense...
Mel
Jun 17, 2014 rated it liked it
If its possible to love and hate a character than Rand is the perfect example of it. Stubborn as hell as well as stupid. I thought the book was missing something. It has plenty of drama but not enough when it comes to Rand and Helena. The problems focus on Rands family and their past.
Whilst Rand was always hurting Helena with the fact that he was a man whore, with lots of bastard sons, Helena never hurt him as deeply. I think the author should have included a man maybe her lover or someone new,
Joan Osborne
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

When I first started reading this book, I have to admit I was getting rather annoyed with Rand for his attitude about love. As I got farther into the story, I started to realize that there was more behind Rand's reasons for thinking himself incapable of love. When the truth finally came out about his life , my heart went out to him. I also felt Helena's heartbreak when she confessed her love to Rand and he rejected her. Throughout the book, I waited anxiously for Rand and Helena's happi
Jadwa
Mar 21, 2014 rated it liked it
The storyline was enjoyable with emotional ups and downs. However, I was slightly disappointed in the writing. There were a few occasions where I felt the transitions could have been smoother as I found myself going back and re-reading previous paragraphs to see if I did missed any segues at these points. Other than that the book was enjoyable and I would recommend it to others with similar tastes.
April
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story

I enjoyed this book. I liked how the hero thought he'd be in a no strings attached relationship. He re as lily thought he could obtain a wife and his life would stay the same. You and I both know that wasn't going to work. I appreciated the story line and would read more books by this author.
Kim
Jan 09, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was all over the place. I still don't understand how the relationship between the hero and heroine turned into love. There is no communication between them and just mounds of secrets. It got to the point where I just skimmed so I could get to the end to see if I could figure out what the hell was going on.
Donna
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Just one thing to keep in mind while reading this book...the grandfather is really a sadistic SOB. I think if you keep that in mind, the book will make much more sense.

This is the second time I've read this. Probably won't be my last either.
Candy Briggs
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute story.

I enjoyed this story, it had romance, a bit of sex and a touch of danger to add to the mix. It should not be read by a young audience but it is a very good read.
Elizabeth Collins
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book and I liked how Rand and Hellenia fell in love.
Brittany
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historicals
Better than the last couple. This actually was a good fun ride. It is your typical marriage for convenience. I actually enjoyed watching the characters love grow.
Esmeralda
***1/2
Three and a half stars.......review to come.
Tammy
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was, by far, the best book in this series so far. I loved it, and the ending was so sweetly perfect!
Sunnie Ledbetter
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was really amazing. It is the forth book in the series and I love that all the books in the series has a good romance and a good plot!
Kelly Ellis kelley
Apr 18, 2014
Lauren
Apr 30, 2013
Donna
rated it did not like it
Aug 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 May 02, 2017 10:26AM
  • Bayou Bride
  • Moontide Embrace
  • Sea Fires (Blackstone Trilogy, #1)
  • Rogue's Mistress (Dennehy Sisters, #2)
  • Apache Caress
  • A Knight of Honor
  • Moonlight Rebel (Moonlight, #1)
  • Perfect Strangers (The Scots, #1)
  • A Hero's Heart
  • Stolen Ecstasy (Gray Eagle, #6)
  • Suddenly a Bride
  • Reckless Seduction
  • A Promise of Love
  • Not Quite A Bride
USA Today bestselling author Kelly McClymer writes fairytale-inspired romances set in Victorian England (although a few characters escape to the United States), fairytale fantasy, and mom-inspired mystery.

Kelly shares her characters’ family values: she grew up with three younger sisters and has successfully raised three children of her own. She enjoys spending time with her grandchildren.

Kelly’s f
More about Kelly McClymer...

Once Upon a Wedding (7 books)
  • The Fairy Tale Bride (Once Upon a Wedding, #1)
  • The Star-Crossed Bride (Once Upon a Wedding, #2)
  • The Unintended Bride (Once Upon a Wedding, #3)
  • The Infamous Bride (Once Upon a Wedding, #4)
  • The Impetuous Bride (Once Upon a Wedding, #6)
  • The Twelfth Night Bride (Once Upon a Wedding, #7)