Start by marking “Battle of the Band Names: The Best and Worst Band Names Ever and All the Brilliant, Colorful, Stupid Ones in Between)” as Want to Read:

Award-winning veteran music journalist Bart Bull has created a one-of-a-kind book and compiled hundreds of the most colorful, clever, obscure, and unusual band names of the past 50 years. Broken down into 35 highly designed chapters, Bull covers the worlds of Ska, Surf, Hip-Hop, Punk, Country, and Heavy Metal alongside more creative categories such as Tribute Bands, Girl G ...more
Published April 1st 2009 by Harry N. Abrams

To ask other readers questions about Battle of the Band Names, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Battle of the Band Names

Start your review of Battle of the Band Names: The Best and Worst Band Names Ever and All the Brilliant, Colorful, Stupid Ones in Between)
Shanna
Jan 25, 2011 rated it did not like it
Lord knows I love a good list. And lists about music? Forget about it...but there was something so utterly lacking about this book that even the one star seems generous.

First of all, the surtitle: The Best and Worst Band Names Ever and Everything in Between or some similar bollocks. Does that not, technically speaking, mean all band names ever? I did not read this book so much as stare at hundreds and hundreds of band names with no explanation as to whether the author thought they were good, ba
Pat Murphy
Aug 06, 2015 rated it liked it
I read this book because I grew up with Bart Bull and we were close friends for several years. I enjoyed it. Band names is not my forte, but I could see my old friend in there in the script.
katana
Dec 05, 2016
Lindsay
Dec 28, 2010
Gabby
rated it did not like it
Oct 18, 2012