Start by marking “Her Last Line of Defense (Uniformly Hot! #9) (Harlequin Blaze #493)” as Want to Read:
Her Last Line of Defense (Uniformly Hot! #9) (Harlequin Blaze #493)

Her Last Line of Defense (Uniformly Hot! #9) (Harlequin Blaze #493)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  210 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Subject: Luc Boudreau, Green Beret.

Current status: Boiling over—with lust!

Mission: Teach wilderness survival skills to city girl.

Obstacle: Claire Cook. Sweet. Innocent. Dangerously sexy...

Luc didn't plan to spend his leave watching over a debutante. But a powerful congressman's daughter outranks him. Luc's dreading it—until he meets spunky Claire. Oh, are there things he c
Published September 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Her Last Line of Defense (Uniformly Hot! #9), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Last Line of Defense (Uniformly Hot! #9)

Auntee
May 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of hot romance bordering on erotic
Holy cow, what in the blazes is going on with these 'Blazes'? When did they get so white hot? The last few of these titles that I've read have been pushing the bounds of erotic romance, and this little scorcher was no exception. But I have to admit that I loved this short little read! Not only were the love scenes really, unusually hot, but there was a little story to tell as well, which always helps. I ended up loving the H/H too, which is another plus. And any time you have the hero speaking a ...more
Shawna
4 stars – Contemporary Romance

Special Forces Green Beret Sergeant Luc “Ragin’ Cajun” Boudreaux, straight from a long tour of duty in Afghanistan, is selected to teach jungle survival skills to a congressman’s pure city girl daughter Claire Cook, who’s staunchly determined to volunteer at a remote South American village smack dab in the middle of a treacherous jungle.

Of course, while they’re training and trekking through the swamps of the Louisiana bayou, Luc winds up giving innocent, practically
Dina
Plot, What Plot? Just check your disbelief at the door, turn on the fan, and dive into this little scorcher about a jungle survival training that turns into a mad wild monkey sex marathon in the swamp, LOL. Only Luc and Claire could manage to fall "in love" after one week sweating, both in a good and in a bad way, in the swamp...
Mojca
Claire Cook is determined to visit a small village in the jungle where her mother grew up, so her senator daddy, when he realizes his stubborn daughter would not be deterred, blackmails a Green Beret into training her in survival tactics.

Sergeant First Class Luc Boudreaux whisks his charge off into the swamp to toughen her up – and dissuade from going into what he deems hell (he barely survived the jungle around the village she wants to visit) – but fresh out of an eight-month deployment in the
Tammy
Oui oui c'est chaud! All of the reviews posted about this one are true. Very hawt! Buy it now! Wear gloves! The pages sizzle as you turn them.

Thanks Auntee, Shawna and Kathrynn (and anyone else I might have missed) for the recommendation. My hubby rolled his eyes at the cheesiness of his wife purchasing a HQ Blaze - my Gawd how embarrassing for the man! - but it was worth it. ;D

Kathrynn
Enjoyed this--sizzling hot/erotic--Harlequin Blaze book. I've never been too impressed by what seemed like silly character names and plots by the Harlequin series books, but this one I enjoyed. I read this book in a few hours--it's that short, 216 pages. Nice writing, no heavy plots with lots of characters to keep up with. Some humor! Two secondary characters--Olie and Janey--I hope get a story...

Luc was a Green Beret that got assigned to train Claire on jungle survival. I was surprised that he
Marblezzie
Jan 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was definitely one sexy read! The explicit detailed description of Luc and Claire’s love-making was really intensely arousing. Although I would imagine that it was really uncomfortable having sex in the wilds. Except for the Cajun French that the hero had used most of the time in speaking (couldn’t even pronounce a single syllable! LOL)… I would say that I’ve enjoyed it for the most part.

The storyline was acceptable since this was after all purely fictional, although in a sense it wasn’t q
Heather
Nov 03, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first romance novel I've ever read, partially as research for a big paper I'm going to be writing soon about Harlequin, the largest Canadian-owned publishing company. Instead of waxing philosophic, I'll just leave a few choice quotes...

• He stood next to her and stared across the parking lot, shoving his hands into the back pocket of his jeans, tightning the thin fabric across his zipper. Not that she noticed things like that.

• He was as hungry as if he’d come out of a six-week train
Writerlibrarian
Not my type of romance novel. I don't think the Green Beret could be a more stereotype French Cajun cliché if the author has tried. Both leads are paper thin, cliché and boring. Really, really boring. The spoiled, rich daddy's good girl who is rebelling against her powerful politician father who has enough power to request a Green Beret to teach his baby survival techniques plot is weak, cliché and so very, very boring.

So yeah more like 1/2 star.
Sally
Aug 21, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blaze, read-2012
This is a quick easy read that has the essence of sexual tension from the outset that builds as the story goes on as Luc Bourdreau teaches Claire Cook how to survive in the wilderness.

Just what you expect from the Uniformly Hot series.
  • Ripped!
  • SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505) (Uniformly Hot!, #11)
  • The Soldier (McPherson Brothers, #2)
  • Able-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) (Uniformly Hot!, #2)
  • The Right Stuff (Harlequin Blaze, #463) (Uniformly Hot!, #4)
  • Always Ready (Uniformly Hot!, #3)
  • Storm Watch (Harlequin Blaze, #487) (Uniformly Hot!, #8)
  • Model Marine
  • Afterburn (Uniformly Hot!, #5)
  • Night Maneuvers
  • Terms of Surrender (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #18)
  • Christmas Male (Uniformly Hot!, #12)