Start by marking “Legacy of the Drow (Legacy of the Drow, #1-4; Legend of Drizzt, #7-10)” as Want to Read:
Legacy of the Drow (Legacy of the Drow, #1-4; Legend of Drizzt, #7-10)

Legacy of the Drow

(Legacy of the Drow #1-4 omnibus)

Contains four fantasy adventures with Drizzt Do'Urden and his allies as they fight the vengeance-driven Spider Queen Lolth and her drow followers.
Paperback, Collector's Edition, 1077 pages
Published January 1st 2003 by Wizards of the Coast (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Legacy of the Drow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legacy of the Drow

Jonas
Oct 04, 2007 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Bored Forgotten Realms junkies
Shelves: fantasy
Drizz't is the fantasy equivalent of Steven Seagal. Emminently skilled in a fight, exciting, even, but with the emotional range of a porcupine in a valium coma. The characters aer cliched, and the plots are stereotypical D&D drivel. Nothing new or interesting here, just melodramatic fantasy fare.
JD
Mar 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: D&D fans
Shelves: fantasy
So, I enjoyed these books. Not the most intellectual, but for a fantasy lover that is looking for a fun but easy read, these are good. The fourth book ends without wrapping up all the loose ends, to entice you to his next series I'm sure, but wraps up enough to not leave the reader unsatisfied.

The characters of these books are basically well developed D&D characters, which is what the Forgotten Realm books are all based on. They have the traits that are expected and, yet, Salvatore finds int
Andy
Oct 27, 2015 is currently reading it
It's been close for 4 years before finally returning to the forgotten realms. Been on such a fantasy kick as of late. Opening this book was like instantly meeting up with old friends and not missing a beat with them. Drizzt, Wulfgar (personal favorite), Bruenor, Regis, and Cattie-brie all return much to my delight. The action is fast and furious from the offset. It's Salvatore in his element. Juggling Salvatore, Pratchett, and Jordan at the same time has sent my fantasy heart a flutter.

Legacy o
Jesse
Dec 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: forgotten-realms
Okay, so there are four books in this series, but I'm gonna write about them all at once. The book titles are: "Legacy", "Starless Night", "Seige of Darkness", and "Passage to Dawn".
The first book opens with Drizzt coming back to see his friends at Mithril Hall(I don't remember where he's been). Cattie Brea and Wulfgar are engaged to be married (kinda strange, since they are both the adopted children of Brunor Battlehammer).
Anywho, Regis comes back too. But its not really Regis, but Artimis Ente
Jimmy Jonecrantz
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: forgotten-realms
Much saved by the ending
Cc
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yet another good collection in the series. It is a bit long and drags a bit towards the end, but the plot twists keep you on your toes.
Michael
Jul 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Legacy is a great collection of 4 books with everyone's favorite Drow Drizzt Do'Urden! Collecting the books 7-10 of the Legend of Drizzt.

Book 1 Legacy: In the first book starts off right where the last book of Icewind Dale Trilogy leaves off. The Dwarves are busy at work in there reestablish Mithril Hall and Drittz feels as if he finally been accepted and at home. However, old enemies lurk and threaten the Drittz and his friends. Legacy is full of action and in the end it appears nothing will b
Joseph Gallegos
Feb 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Teresa
Feb 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Previous series The Dark Elf Trilogy, and Icewind Dale Trilogy.

With Bruenor back on the throne in Mithral Hall, Drizzt decides to pay a visit to his home town. Catti-brie tags along and after reeking havoc in the underworld, they barely escape alive. Battle again comes their way when the dark elves decide to wage war as pay back.

I'd follow this series with The Cleric Quintet. Drizzt is not actually in this series, some of the main characters end up in future series, so I'd recommend reading it b
Nynke
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Salvatore s writing style is becoming a bit longwinded and plot lines very predictable. whereas i read the dark elf trilogy cover to cover, here i find my self pauzing for a few months between books to read somethimg else. still a great world to escape to though.

last book really picks the pace up again. so added star for that.
Joe
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it
After reading the first six Drizzt’s books and enjoying them immensely I was somewhat disappointed with these next four. Still, it was nice to journey with old friends and I’ll give the next books a chance in hopes they rise to the level of the old.
Dante Carlisle
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As always I loved this book. R.A Salvatore has a way of bringing classic fantasy together with deep, philosophical insights that amazes me to this day. Fantastically written, and can't recommend highly enough.
Shawn Fairweather
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviews left for each individual book.
Γιώργος Μπελαούρης
beautiful trilogy
action packed
the descent was the best thing
Brontosaurus
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good.
David Phipps
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own, fantasy
I had a hard time with this four book quartet. There were numerous times that I wanted to give up on it but I stuck with it. It got to a point where all the characters were tiresome and predictable. The few times that someone actually gets the better of Drizzt were spoiled by the enemies being dumb or fighting among themselves. Again, Salvatore is good at writing action scenes but the primary characters are so overpowered with magical loot that there is not much tension and everything feels repe ...more
Angela
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My only argument is that the first three stories are directly related with the last, although chronologically in place would’ve been more fitting in the next collection. I always enjoy the five companions adventures.
Doug
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, that was a long read (1080 pages over four books) but the story continues to surprise you and delight you! Very talented author and obviously a great storyteller! Last few chapters are the very best and really stokes you to want to read book 4! Can’t wait! Love this series!
Tara
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Each page as wonderful as the last.
Mike Austin
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Russ DeMaria
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am constantly amazed the Drizzt does the right thing because it is the right thing, a concept more people in the world should learn.
Lydia Thomas
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it want to read more of this series
THOMAS E
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite series of R A Salvatore books.
Ethan Slack
In R. A. Salvatore's collection of novels Legacy of the Drow, the reader is once again wisked away to the magical world of Faerûn to follow along on the adventures of Drizzt Do'Urden and his companions. Follow along as they take on the vicious armies of the Drow as they defend the dwarven stronghold Mithril Hall and learn to face inner demons themselves, or take to the ocean as two of our heros journy the seas fighting pirates and seeking a lost island and search for a lost friend. Following the ...more
Daniel
Jan 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
A good series of books that follows the Icewind Dale and Dark Elf series of books. As with all of Salvatore's books, the writing style is top-notch and very engrossing. The first couple of books are quite different from the last two in that they are centered mostly on large scale war and the tragedies that fall during such a time. The last two deal mainly with the traditional characters and lacks the grand scope of the previous books. There are parts in all four books where one has to wonder why ...more
Ian Hu
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Once again, R.A. Salvatore has outdone himself in another novel about the famous dark elf Drizzt Do'Urden. The book marks the return of the sinister Drow race as they try to conquer Mithral Hall in this epic series which never sets down its pace.

The return of the Harpells, Thibbledorf Pwent and many other unforgettable characters made this a delightful read. Salvatore uses extensive vocabulary and a variety of made-up languages in his novel that have been researched in-depth, and the effort put
Owen
Dec 19, 2007 rated it it was ok
No real surprises here, just 1,000+ pages of vengeance plotting, narrow escapes and overly detailed sword fights, but hey, it worked for Robert E. Howard...
Update: Ok the first 3 books still get two stars, but "Passage to Dawn" gets four. Taking the characters back out into The Realms makes book 4 a lot more interesting. There is a great mix of new characters and some old friends returning, the dwarves and barbarians continue to squabble in ever more complicated ways, and Errtu makes a great bad
Lamonica Hart
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Breathtaking, awesome, excellent, exciting are just a few words that come to mind. Do yourself a favor and just read all of Drizzt books It's like having your own special batch of adventurizing drug that keeps you on the of life edge wanting more and more. The more you read the higher you become wanting to know what's going to happen next.
If I could go higher than 5, I would. I read through the entire Drizzt series in 2.5 months. I hurts me to wait until September for "Rise of the King" (book2)
Amber
Oct 10, 2013 rated it liked it
The first book and a half was great but the last book was full of plot holes. Characters would suddenly know things they shouldn't and the villain's plans would change without warning (and not like PLOT TWIST but like "You just said you couldn't do that thing in your inner dialogue two chapters ago). The biggest plot wist was super obvious and drawn out. Disappointing but I have faith that the series will recover.
Trey Dodd
Jan 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
OK, techincally, I read these three books individually, and I read them out of order (there are about 12(?) books in the series, but I really think these are the best. Nice mix of simultaneous plot lines, some dynamic characters, and written for a very visual person, descriptive without getting bogged down in the details. Probably my favorite books in high school (that or Dragonlance series by Wies and Hickman)
« previous 1 3 next »

• War of the Spider Queen Gift Set, Part II (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #4-6)
  • R.A. Salvatore's War of the Spider Queen, Volume I: Dissolution, Insurrection, Condemnation
  • Condemnation (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #3)
  • Crown of Fire (Shandril's Saga, #2)
  • Windwalker (Starlight & Shadows #3)
  • Insurrection (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #2)
  • Resurrection (Forgotten Realms:  War of the Spider Queen, #6)
  • The Siege (Forgotten Realms: Return of the Archwizards, #2)
  • Annihilation (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #5)
As one of the fantasy genre’s most successful authors, R.A. Salvatore enjoys an ever-expanding and tremendously loyal following. His books regularly appear on The New York Times best-seller lists and have sold more than 10,000,000 copies. Salvatore’s original hardcover, The Two Swords, Book III of The Hunter’s Blade Trilogy (October 2004) debuted at # 1 on The Wall Street Journal best-seller list ...more

Legacy of the Drow (4 books)
  • The Legacy (Forgotten Realms: Legacy of the Drow, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #7)
  • Starless Night (Forgotten Realms: Legacy of the Drow, #2; Legend of Drizzt, #8)
  • Siege of Darkness (Forgotten Realms: Legacy of the Drow, #3; Legend of Drizzt, #9)
  • Passage to Dawn (Forgotten Realms: Legacy of the Drow, #4; Legend of Drizzt, #10)