Start by marking “The Gatekeeper (Kelly Jones, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Gatekeeper (Kelly Jones, #3)

The Gatekeeper

(Kelly Jones #3)

From the moment sixteen-year-old Madison Grant is abducted, an unthinkable terrorist plot is set in motion—pitting Special Agent Kelly Jones against her most powerful adversary yet. The kidnapper's ransom demands aren't monetary...they come at a cost that no American can afford to pay. As Kelly's fiance, Jake Riley, races to find Madison, Kelly is assigned to another ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 409 pages
Published October 27th 2009 by Mira Books (first published October 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Gatekeeper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gatekeeper

Start your review of The Gatekeeper (Kelly Jones, #3)
Betsy
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Book #3 in Kelly Jones series. Not my favorite book in the series. Mainly due to subject matter. 2.5 stars
Jessica
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
love Michelle gagnon and her series Kelly Jones...
there is a girl missing and this becomes Jake and syds first real business venture in there new company .. the longhorn group .. named cuz Jake and syd are Texas natives . the action of finding the girl gets intense ... the gun fire and the skin heads after them.. syds men are doing all they can to keep everyone safe...meanwhile Kelly is dealing with a murdered governor and starts checking out leads and discovering strange activity in warehouses
Danie
Dec 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: myst-thrill
Whoa.

It's hard to say what the larger point of this book is. The two main plots aren't subtle. Kelly's involves a dismembered Arizona Senator and Jake's a kidnapped daughter of a physicist. It's sort of sad that because of the fact that they're on different cases (Kelly with the FBI and Jake's first case with his own new private security firm) they don't have many scenes together that don't take place over the phone. In the previous two books I thought that some of the best scenes were the ones
Kristen
Dec 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series-thriller
In the Gatekeeper, the third book of the Kelly Jones Thriller series, this dealt with domestic terrorism that serial killers, right in our backyard. This was the best one yet. From Arizona to New York and Texas, this was action-packed with every twist and turn on every page. For Kelly and Jake, this one changed everything, when they've gotten engaged. Kelly worked on a disturbing case of someone dismembering senators, when Jake was sent to work to rescue an abducted teen. But little did they ...more
Joshuacitrak
Nov 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
i picked this up in mid-series, but i tell you, i couldn't put it down from page one. michelle has broken the crime/mystery mold here. the plot is completely original, the characters engaging. i've been on a big "Scarpetta" kick recently, but Agent Kelly Jones from "The Gatekeeper" gives Kay a run for her money.
Kelly
Jun 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Another winner from Michelle Gagnon. I got this for Christmas 2009 and could not put it down. I like the fact that each of Michelle's novels are unique in premise, setting, plot, etc and yet keep the characters that we have grown to love. I am looking forward to the next one!
Rebecca
May 23, 2010 rated it liked it
Honestly, the weakest of the Kelly books. It starts so strong, but it takes forever for the two plots come together and make sense. Took much longer to read than the others because it wasn't as enjoyable.
Alyse
Feb 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My favorite of her books so far, never a point when nothing is happening.
Melody
Jan 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This was a really fun fast read. I had not read any of her books before. It kept me interested from the first page till the last. I would definately recommend this for a fun change of pace!
Edmond Gagnon
Jan 30, 2020 rated it liked it
I chose this book more out of curiosity than anything else. In Googling or searching my own name on different websites I sometimes come up with the name Michelle Gagnon. We are from different places and walks of life but may be related somewhere down the genealogical road. Her book, The Gatekeeper gets praise from best selling Author Lee Child...I've often wondered how an aspiring author gets a plug like that.
Anyway, I found The Gatekeeper a bit tough to get into and keep track of with two sets
Angie Lewis
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast read. Wanted to know what was going to happen next.
Jody
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable and fast-paced. Very timely in the political arena we now face. Want to read the first two and wonder if there is a fourth in the series.
Brooke Sillaby
May 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Round up to 2.5 stars.
JJ
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story. The subject of matter was really interesting and all the twists made the reading of this book even better.
Kristen
Sep 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I didn’t know this was book #3 in a series oh well.
I had action and adventure but I don’t really care about finding books 1 and 2
Brittany
Jan 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Have you ever read a book that you make yourself read again in hopes that the second time around is much better than the first?

I enjoyed The Gatekeeper the first time I read it. I didn't like it and I didn't hate it. Just simply enjoyed it. The second time around, unfortunately, didn't change my opinion either way. It was a good read, with a pretty interesting turn of events and storyline. Just not anything exciting.

To be honest, I found myself fascinated with the true facts that Gagnon added to
Debbie
Dec 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
I won this book on First Reads. There was a mix up and I never received it and the author was kind enough to send me out a signed copy!

I *REALLY* liked this book. The characters drew me in, and then all the action kept me turning the pages. What's scary is, the premise in the book - I could see it possibly happening.

Loved Jake & Syd, and Kelly! Loved how their cases intertwined. Loved all the suspense and the evil politician!

Would love to read more by this author!!
Jennifer Jowsey
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
Not my type of book at all: politics, terrorism, hate groups - not things that catch my interest or that I enjoy reading about. I got this book because I'd read the previous one featuring these characters. After this one, I'm not sure I'd read more by this author. There were loose ends too, and I'm not even totally sure how it ended (which is probably intentional for the next book, but, again, not the type of ending I like!). Overall, disappointed.
Jan
Aug 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Two different cases; Kelly's working on finding the person(s) responsible for dismembering a U. S. Senator from Arizona while Jake has his hands full with a new venture, his partner, and finding the kidnapped daughter of a nuclear physicist well versed on radioactive particles. Hate groups, immigration, politics are involved in both cases and when they converge, everything hits the fan.
Julie
Nov 30, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
I enjoyed the story, particularly the pace. I had no idea what was coming and I was drawn in to keep reading and not put it down. Kelly and Madison were my favorite characters.

I thought it was far fetched that Madison would be so smart yet not even tell her best friend about her plan. I also thought there would be more concern and emotion from friends/family surrounding her and Randall.
Annie
Nov 05, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is full of action and up-to-date political commentary. Michelle Gagnon does a great job keeping the story going, and tying it all together in the end.

Warning: The language is pretty gritty. There are some f-bombs in there. I know it's to make it realistic, but I wish someone could go through and mark them all out for me. :D
Melissa
Nov 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
I won this on first reads.

I got this one for a friend of mine who really loved it. She had to call me with every new twist and turn. She said I could not have it back to read it myself. I guess I will have to go borrow it back.
Karen
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
A good mystery with action galore involving two intertwined cases, one a kidnapping and one a terrorist plot.
Mark
Aug 01, 2013 rated it liked it
good read, a bit formulaic.
Gevera Bert
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
The whole book had one semi-colon in it. The rest of the book was filled with really annoying comma splices that completely distracted me at least once a page.
Linda Mirvis
Feb 17, 2010 rated it liked it
I guess I am getting old, but I had a bit of trouble keeping characters and events straight in my mind - not the fault of the book.
Nan
Dec 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
The premise is scary precisely because it is entirely too plausible.
Alexandra
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was ok

Not my kind of book but still ok. I'm bias on this review just because this is not my style of book at all but still got me wanting to know how everything ended.
Jen Acheson
BORING!
Corky
Nov 30, 2009 rated it liked it
A new thriller/writer I picked up at Bouchercon. Started out great, storyline and ending were predictable.

• The Hiding Place: A Thriller
  • That Summer
  • Along for the Ride
  • Saving Faith
  • Queen Takes King
  • Blindsided
  • The Switch
  • Dark Sacred Night (Harry Bosch, #21; Renée Ballard, #2; Harry Bosch Universe, #31)
  • Secrets Dark and Deep
  • The Kill (Maeve Kerrigan, #5)
  • Beverly Hills Dead (Rick Barron, #2)
  • The Brass Verdict (Harry Bosch, #14; Mickey Haller, #2; Harry Bosch Universe, #18)
  • V is for Vengeance (Kinsey Millhone, #22)
  • Q is for Quarry (Kinsey Millhone, #17)
  • P is for Peril (Kinsey Millhone, #16)
  • U is for Undertow (Kinsey Millhone, #21)
  • K is for Killer (Kinsey Millhone, #11)
  • S is for Silence (Kinsey Millhone, #19)
Michelle Gagnon is a former modern dancer, bartender, dog walker, model, personal trainer, and Russian supper club performer. Her bestselling adult thrillers THE TUNNELS, BONEYARD, THE GATEKEEPER, and KIDNAP & RANSOM have been published in North America, France, Denmark, Spain, Argentina, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Australia. BONEYARD was a finalist for a 2009 Daphne du Maurier Award for ...more

Kelly Jones (4 books)
  • The Tunnels (Kelly Jones Mysteries, #1)
  • Boneyard (Kelly Jones Mysteries, #2)
  • Kidnap & Ransom (Kelly Jones Mysteries, #4)