Start by marking “Hot Rocks” as Want to Read:

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  5,728 Ratings  ·  200 Reviews
Note: HOT ROCKS is the first half of the book REMEMBER WHEN.

When her notorious past catches up with Laine Tavish, proprietor of the antique shop Remember When, it's up to her and an enigmatic stranger named Max Gannon to find out who's chasing her-and why. The answer lies in a hidden fortune that will change Laine's life...
Published January 26th 2010 by Jove (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Hot Rocks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Rocks

SB*needs low angst books*
Laine is a antique shop owner who gets caught up in her Dad's lastest illegal job. Max is the insurance investigator on the hunt for what was stolen. They meet and even though there are some serious bumps develop a relationship.

I liked that this book was low angst in terms of their relationship. They confronted and dealt with any problems they had. The dad was likable even though he is a thief.

I got this as a audiobook from the library and loved it. The narrator was Susan Erickson from the in
Sally906
Mar 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, mystery
HOT ROCKS is the first book in a two book series that covers aspects of the same crime but set 50 years apart. The first book, HOT ROCKS, is written by Nora Roberts and the second, BIG JACK, is written by her alter-ego J.D. Robb. The two books originally appeared under one title, ‘Remember When,’ and this is clearly written on the front cover of this volume.

HOT ROCKS is romantic mystery and is set in a small town called Angel Gap in Maryland. Laine Tavish runs an antique store called ‘Remember W
Jacob Proffitt
Jan 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
While I liked this book pretty well, little pieces of it would bother me enough to keep me from fully engaging with it. Laine is a delight, for example. She's tough, brave, and smart. But when she dips into her past, or does something reckless and illegal, it doesn't feel like it fits her character, very well. And I really disliked her support for her larcenous father.

Indeed, like the pieces from the perspective of the bad guy, this book has jarring bits dangling off of it that poke at me enough
Lauren
4 Stars

When a man is run down outside her antiques store, Laine Tavish realizes that the past has finally caught up with her. Together with Max Gannon, a mysterious stranger with his own agenda, Laine must discover why she has become a target before she becomes the next victim.

Note: This book is paired with Big Jack from the In Death series and should be read first as it provides the background necessary for truly appreciating the Robb book.

Hot Rocks is one of Nora Roberts' older book
Lisa Kay

★★★★✩ This one was fun ! Susan Ericksen does another wonderful job of narrating Ms. Roberts’ story of a missing share of a $28 million diamond heist. It has all the required characters: the unsuspecting heroine propelled into a mystery maelstrom, the location clue uttered by a dying man, the sinister mastermind who wants it all, the loyal – and very pregnant – friend and co-worker, the unrepentant charming professional con – who happens to be the heroine’s father, and **sigh** the hunky southe
Aya
Feb 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Apparently both this book and the In Death counterpart, Big Jack, were previously published as one book under the title, Remember When, the name of Laine's antique store. Tricky move on the publisher's part. This is pretty much a solid romance book. Rather well executed and on the short side, but if you're not already a fan of romance, this isn't going to change your mind.
Janet
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
One of her better ones I think. Mystery, bad guys, small towns... this had it all.
Renégade ♥
4 1/2 stars
Dawn
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
by Nora Roberts

This is a prequel to Roberts' (writing as J.D. Robb) book, Big Jack. In Big Jack, Samantha Gannon is an author who writes a novel about her great grandfather, Big Jack O'Hara, and his life as a con-artist and jewel thief. Her grandparents are Max and Laine Gannon, the protagonists in this book.

Laine Tavish owns an antique shop in the little town of Angel Gap, Maryland. After a childhood of being raised by a big-hearted but unapologetic career criminal, she just wants to h
Rexanne
Apr 30, 2015 rated it liked it
I don't like the cover. Sue me, but I really judge a book by its cover when I am a fan of the author, haha.

The beginning was intriguing and direct to the point. A mystery was presented within the first few pages so there was no beating around the bush. The consequent pages easily pulled me into the small town life of Laine Tavish and, later on, to the mystery that started in the first few pages.

The protagonist Laine is a typical Nora Roberts heroine. She's an independent businesswoman with a sha
  • Big Jack (In Death, #17.5)
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
More about Nora Roberts...