Start by marking “Leadership 101: What Every Leader Needs to Know (101 Series)” as Want to Read:
Leadership 101: What Every Leader Needs to Know (101 Series)

Leadership 101: What Every Leader Needs to Know (101 Series)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  3,678 Ratings  ·  147 Reviews

Unleash your leadership potential.

No matter who you are, you can lead—and lead well.

That is the message New York Times bestselling author John C. Maxwell gives in this power-packed guidebook: Leadership 101. Here the consummate leader offers a succinct and inspiring framework for enhancing the leadership abilities you already possess. Learn how to:

Published (first published 1994)

Nicole Marble
May 01, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Be disciplined; set good priorities;delegate jobs; work hard; keep learning an be trustworthy.
Now you don't have to read this boring book.
Beth Peninger
Jan 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like the 101 series of Maxwell's. They are easy reads and you get the meat of what his point is. They are practical, easy to read and understand, and realistic to apply.
Nick
Sep 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid little book hitting the main ideas of The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership. But this wasn't just a condensed version. Maxwell delievers some new thoughts here, as well. It is good and only takes about an hour to read.
Brian Eshleman
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good thoughts. Nothing revolutionary.
Pamela Sweezy
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read it, put it down for a day, and then read it again. I need more information but this is a nice, general base on which to build.
Tyler
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leadership
This was the first book I have ever read by John C. Maxwell and I really enjoyed it! This little book is only about 100 pages long and I read it in one sitting, but it took several hours because on almost every page I had to pause and take notes on various principles and insights that he taught that I thought were really very powerful and in some cases profound.

Here are the notes I took, some are quotations or paraphrases from the book and others are just thoughts that came to my mind as I read.
Farnoosh Brock
Apr 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business-spirit
John C. Maxwell is a leader in business books. He has written numerous books on business, leaderships, relationships, attitude, and management. If you are delving into a topic either by necessity or for love of learning, it is worthwhile to look into the most prominent figures in the field. At the time I came across Maxwell’s books, I was deep into developing my leadership and management skills, and hence the two glimpses into the Maxwell perspective.

Here are some of my favorite quotes:

Trust as
Lauren Head
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Q-Give one quote from the book that impacted your thought process and describe how.
A-When asked if great leaders are born, John Maxwell answers, “Why of course! I have never known a leader who wasn’t born first.”

Q-Which co-worker would you recommend this book to?
A-I would recommend this book to anybody who is in a leadership role-Department Heads, Leadership Team Members, etc.
Q-Rate this book on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest rating.
A-8-John Maxwell is one of my all-time favorite authors
Feb 04, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Would-be Pastors of the Great & Spacious Buildings
I didn't like this book too much, because by the time I got a little ways into it, I started REALLY not liking the author, which discredited the advice he was giving. I liked his historical little stories about the startups and leadships of now huge companies, but I didn't like that he also talked briefly about the growth of his Mega-Church with thousands and thousands of followers, like convention-center churches and $7.8 million fundraisers for a new facility. That is nuts, and because of that ...more
Becky
Nov 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprising quick read that has depth.

Maxwell discusses what Leadership is, and how to influence and become a leader. He focuses on Development, Traits and Impact of a leader, including leaving a legacy. Don't be fooled by the short length.
leadership grid 2 18 Jan 21, 2014 04:43AM
  • The Four Obsessions of an Extraordinary Executive: The Four Disciplines at the Heart of Making Any Organization World Class
  • Lincoln on Leadership: Executive Strategies for Tough Times
  • Win: The Key Principles to Take Your Business from Ordinary to Extraordinary
  • A Better Way to Live
  • Principle-Centered Leadership
  • Bringing Out the Best in People: How to Enjoy Helping Others Excel
  • God Wants You to Be Rich: How and Why Everyone Can Enjoy Material and Spiritual Wealth in Our Abundant World
  • For Better or for Best: A Valuable Guide to Knowing, Understanding, and Loving Your Husband
  • Life Is Tremendous
  • The Leadership Challenge
  • Little Green Book of Getting Your Way: How to Speak, Write, Present, Persuade, Influence, and Sell Your Point of View to Others
  • What It Takes to Be Number One: Vince Lombardi on Leadership
John C. Maxwell is an internationally recognized leadership expert, speaker, and author who has sold over 16 million books. His organizations have trained more than 2 million leaders worldwide. Dr. Maxwell is the founder of EQUIP and INJOY Stewardship Services. Every year he speaks to Fortune 500 companies, international government leaders, and audiences as diverse as the United States Military Ac ...more
More about John C. Maxwell...
“Look at last week’s schedule. How much of your time did you devote to regular, disciplined activities? Did you do anything to grow and improve yourself professionally? Did you engage in activities promoting good health? Did you dedicate part of your income to savings or investments? If you’ve been putting off those things, telling yourself that you’ll do them later, you may need to work on your self-discipline.” 0 likes