Start by marking “Jerusalén (Caballo de Troya, #1)” as Want to Read:
Jerusalén (Caballo de Troya, #1)

Jerusalén

(Caballo de Troya #1)

Tal como afirma el propio J.J. Benitez, "adelantar el argumento y la naturaleza de Caballo de Troya es quebrar el desconcertante misterio que encierran sus páginas". Podemos apuntar, eso sí, que para la elaboración de esta obra el autor se ha basado en una documentación real, depositada hace años en Estados Unidos. Una documentación que pone al descubierto multitud de dato ...more
Published June 30th 2006 by Booket (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Jerusalén, please sign up.

Start your review of Jerusalén (Caballo de Troya, #1)
Stephanie Vincent
Jul 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
The message on this book is AMAZING, it's like watching and listening to Jesus in real time, his thoughts, conversations and personality are reflected in the book in ways that I never even thought could be possible. We always think of Jesus as a our savior, but almost never think of him as the amazing human being he was. On the other side, reading 1200 pages for a journey that is only 3 days long could be tedious. Details are not a few paragraphs but pages and pages, and sometimes way too graphi ...more
Lucy Dominguez
Aug 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Honestly I don't know why this book has not been made a movie.

I remember reading this book a long time ago... and I like it so much... it is slow because it is written with a lot of technical stuff, so detailed that I kept stopping and reading the cover again looking for a hint or something that told me that it was a documental, real-life document or something, I was in college at the time, so some of the technical stuff made sense to me...
anyways, it is about a person that was a non-believer th
Iván Avilés
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent combination when using real facts (based on the new testament) and fiction, easy to read which results in a pretty interesting book.
Danny
Apr 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I don't think these have been translated to English yet, but they should. They are fascinating to read.

The author writes them as a non-fiction account of a supposed NASA Time traveler's memoirs (think Da Vinci Code).

According to the book the time traveler wrote his memoirs and stashed them away, but they were found by Benitez and published as Caballo de Troya (Trojan Horse, which is the name of the time machine). What makes it a great read is that they visit Jerusalem around the time of Jesus'
Otávio Gouveia do nascimento
Mar 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
Abysmal. But do feel free to try this one if you like reading 3 pages worth of side notes describing the chemical properties of Jesus Christ's blood, measured by a futuristic device hidden on the tip of a cane belonging to a NASA general who traveled back in time. And yes, the author swears it's all true.
Carlos
Oct 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
I found this first book very interesting, not so the next two books. I think the way it presents Jesus history, at least until he starts talking about OVNIs, is not only interesting, but it kinda make you want to think the history is actually that way.

Of course, this is Science Fiction and it presents a "perspective" of Jesus' last two years of life in a more attractive way for modern audiences, but it's still quite an interesting story.
Cejana Maciel
Jan 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Great book for people who likes mystery and sci-fi
Nyare
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It is a very slow read.... However it has surprised me in some way
Arturo
Apr 25, 2013 added it
Fantastic!!!
Yvette
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Definitely not everyone's cup of tea. It could be excessively descriptive, but I think at least, that the more details we get particularly for this book the better context we have to properly understand it. I tried reading it with a very open skeptical mind, but I admit I found myself crying so many times. At least for me, is the message was mind blowing, I kept thinking about it often during my day. Fiction or not, this book left me with a positive message and a new way to see ...more
Luan Carlesso
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story from Jesus is well known by every Christian (and other people as well) in the world, but the job that Benítez had done is incredibly well detailed and described. It seems that a lot of research was needed to get this book write and the result, as consequence, was an amazing ficcion. It's inclusively hard to say whats real of creation. The story is about a cientist that, favored by a futuristic technology, was able to travel to the past, just a few days before Jesus crucification. His m ...more
Ana Thome
Benitez tells a story about a secret American project using quantum physics to go back to the time of Jesus. His description is amazing, footnotes of quantum physics, along with the historian Flavio Josephus, showing divergences between the apostles and what was described by the military coronel, and feeling so real. I´m not catholic, but his description is touching. Re-reading it :-)
Nietzer
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excelent book! even if you are not Believer. I loved its argument, the details and pseudoscientific explanations. It has many great chills moments. An original story without blasphemy against any belief. Hooks you and make you think.
Maya Rebeca Benmergui Esayag
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoy a lot hoy J.J.Benítez writes but for me this is a novel...this is not real life. Interesting point of view. Great writer. I do believe he has seen ovnis...but I think this is not real but I repeat a novel. I read the 7 books. Usually I must confese I love Audio books:)
Fernando
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
I just read the first 50 pages. Found it boring and left it for others to read in a public park library.
Lena Montano
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mind blowing, can't wait to start the second book.
Fernando Guevara
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Real or fiction ... it's an amazing story with a grounded point of view.
Carolina Gonzalez
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Entertaining and informative. Now I need to read the others...
Siria Gutierrez
Jesus Chavarro
May 27, 2020 rated it liked it
So much detail in the world description and a language too technical in medicine/physics/technology to keep up. Something absords you, others don't
GRACIE
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
winter_hds_
Aug 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
wow
Robson Castilho
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
As a big fan of "time travelling", I began reading this book with positive expectations.

However, as the pages went by, my excitement gave way to boredom. Narrated as the daily of the US Major who made the trip, the book is annoyingly full of details, keeping the story stuck through numerous pages while explaining about vegetation, clothing, food, currency, etc. Excessive detail is even bigger in science and anatomy, which makes the book difficult to understand (unless you're a scientist or a doc
Jesus
Jun 25, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wanted to read for more than 12 years, until finally had the opportunity.
Not what I expected, however, interesting book (too much descriptive at several points).
Showed a very human Christ, too strong for a human if everything happened as told, surrounded by not so faithful people, and too many I-am-not-supposed-to-tell-you-this-but-this-is-how-it-works devices.

Spoiler alert *** Took me by surprise (and did not really liked it) when it mentioned the object in the sky; by the second time it appear
Patricia
Oct 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing

The whole series of Caballo de Troya (Trojan Horse) should be translated to all the languages of the world. It is the saga of the life of Jesus the Christ. The first book narrates how through a joint experiment between the United States and Israel two majors of the airforce were able to travel in time to the past, and were able to witness the life of Jesus. There are eight books that have been published so far, and through them I feel as thought I have witnessed the life of our Savior. Wonderful
Marlo Tacla
Nov 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
This was the first book I stopped reading before finishing. The plot is terrible and the author abuses of unbelievable, pseudo-science as means to 'validate' the theories explored. I see no problem when the author stablishes a set of science or beliefs in his texts (sci-fi does it a lot), but, please, don't try to convince me that that's real. Also, these concepts must, at least, make some sense, which this book it does not.

It seems also that there's more text in the footers than in the main par
Northwest
Jul 11, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYBODY
I think, Caballo de Troya, its a fabulous book, history and a great adventure! and I belive it so, that, I think it changed the way i see things about the bible... I dont care if its fiction or not, I do belive theres something we are not being told, and just the fact that human being can travel thru time, thats a wow thing for me.. Thanks JJ Benitez for sharing this book with us, ill take my books wherever i go... I have em all!!!

NORTHWEST
Jose Luis Meza Garcia
Feb 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Had this in my bookshlef for some months and decided to give it a try. Actually enjoyed it. If you are a religious person keep in mind that it changes many know facts, don`t hate the author for that, he is telling his story, treat it as fiction and you may enjoy it. Wasn't that hooked to actually wanting to read the whole saga, but as a standalone book it was good and entertaining, as a good read should be. ...more
Octavio Sánchez
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When I was in the high school, one friend told me about this book then i was very impressed about the story, this year I stopped in Bellas Artes bookmarket near to the subway, when I was seeing "Caballo de Troya" my mind remembered the astronaut travel, I have to say a like very much and I will follow "Caballo de troya" series.
Shamsh
Sep 22, 2009 rated it it was ok
I expected more from this book. Some parts of it were too descriptive and somewhat boring. The author insisted on describing all the gory details of Jesus`s passion.
I have to admit, it is quite interesting at other times, but definetly not my kind of literature.
Goodreads Librari...: Combine this edition 2 9 Feb 24, 2019 12:31PM
En Español, Please!: Reseña de Caballo de Troya 1 1 9 Jun 09, 2017 02:14AM
Novelas en español: Reseña de Caballo de Troya 1 1 3 Jun 09, 2017 02:11AM
Club de escritore...: Reseña de Caballo de Troya 1 1 7 Jun 09, 2017 02:10AM
La biblioteca: Reseña de Caballo de Troya 1 1 1 Jun 09, 2017 02:03AM

• Juventud en éxtasis
  • The Analyst
  • Vive como un mendigo, baila como un rey
  • The Traveler
  • Aztec (Aztec, #1)
  • El caballero de la armadura oxidada
  • Diablo Guardián
  • La Biblia de los Caídos. Tomo 1 del testamento del Gris (La Biblia de los Caídos #3)
  • Toda Mafalda
  • The Last Passenger
  • Los caminantes (Los caminantes, #1)
  • Salvar el fuego
  • Cuando mamá lastima. Relatos de perdón para hijos con el corazón herido.
  • The Man Who Counted: A Collection of Mathematical Adventures
  • La isla de los hombres solos
The works of J. J. Benítez encompass literature and journalism, as well as UFO investigations.Primarily renowned as an investigator of the paranormal, Benítez garnered attention and criticism when he released Jerusalén, the first volume of a series named Caballo de Troya, related to the life and death of Jesus Christ. He begun his journalist career in January 1966 in the newspaper La Verdad, after ...more

Caballo de Troya (10 books)
  • Masada (Caballo de Troya, #2)
  • Saidan (Caballo de Troya, #3)
  • Nazaret (Caballo de Troya #4)
  • Cesarea (Caballo de Troya, #5)
  • Hermón (Caballo de Troya, #6)
  • Nahum (Caballo de Troya, #7)
  • Jordán (Caballo de Troya, #8)
  • Caná (Caballo De Troya #9)
  • El día del relámpago (Caballo de Troya, #10)

News & Interviews

“El amor es el
resultado de la divina e interna necesidad de la vida. Se funda en la comprensión, se nutre en
el servicio generoso y se perfecciona en la sabiduría.
11 likes
“—Tu mundo no es mejor ni peor que éste. A ambos sólo les falta el principio que rige el universo: el Amor.” 4 likes