Start by marking “Comment j'ai survécu au mariage de mon ex” as Want to Read:
Comment j'ai survécu au mariage de mon ex

Comment j'ai survécu au mariage de mon ex (Brooke Miller #1)

3.49  ·  Rating details ·  2,384 Ratings  ·  155 Reviews
Quand mon ex m'a appelée pour m'inviter à son mariage, j'ai accepté sans hésiter. D'autant que j'étais moi-même quasiment fiancée à Douglas, l'Écossais le plus sexy de New York. Ça, c'était avant que Douglas me plaque pour une bimbo. Je suis effondrée. Mais pas question d'aller seule à ce mariage !

J'ai donc deux semaines pour reconquérir mon mec. Ou lui trouver une doublu
Published October 1st 2008 by HARLEQUIN (first published March 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Comment j'ai survécu au mariage de mon ex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Comment j'ai survécu au mariage de mon ex

Jen B
Sep 14, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008
This book caused me to injure myself yesterday. Seriously, it did. I finally had time to take a lunch hour, during which I found a cute little pasta joint, plopped myself down at a table with my lunchtime glass of iced tea, and opened my book. I got so caught up in the story (and in the luxury of having a full hour to read!) that I didn't realize I had to be in a meeting in 5 minutes - with a 10 minute drive/park/walk back to my office. Not a good time to be wearing three-inch heels. And full-on ...more
Brenda
Aug 13, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone!
Shelves: chicklit
What does a smart, savvy Manhattan attorney do when she's invited to her ex-boyfriend's wedding? She goes, of course, and then writes a fictional novel about it, right? Well, maybe not, but that’s what I did....

SCOT ON THE ROCKS is my debut novel and I hope you'll enjoy it!

xoxo
brenda
Tera
Aug 28, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone.
Scot on the Rocks is the debut novel by Brenda Janowitz. It is a great Chick lit book. It is a page turner and absolutely hilarious! I did not want it to end. I really loved Brooke and felt like I was right there with her throughout the whole book. Scot on the Rocks is about a New York City attorney named Brooke Miller. She gets invited to her ex-boyfriend’s wedding; he is marrying a Hollywood “it girl”. Brooke’s Scottish boyfriend of two years named Douglas was going to escort her to the weddin ...more
Rebecca
Aug 28, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of smart chick lit, breakup survivors, women everywhere
Brooke Miller leads a charmed life- working with her friends at one of the best law firms in all of New York- and dating Douglas, a handsome Scot. However, the charm starts to wear off Brooke's life as soon as she gets an invitation to her ex-boyfriends wedding. Two weeks later Douglas has broken up with her, she's crashing at her best friends apartment and eating raw cookie dough. The important thing is that Brooke keeps her eye on the prize- still attending her ex-boyfriend's wedding- with Dou ...more
Charity
Jun 13, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Brooke's Scottish boyfriend dumps her mere days before her ex-boyfriend's wedding (that she has RSVP'd 'yes' to), Brooke formulates a plan to keep everyone at the wedding from finding out the truth. A plan that involves having her friend Jack memorize facts about Scotland, watch Sean Connery movies to perfect the accent, and wear a kilt. Good, fast read.
Jessica
Aug 27, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All Chick Lit lovers
Shelves: chicklit, readin07
Funny story about life's disappointments and figuring out what and whom you really want. The characters are so well developed you feel like you know them. I couldn't put the book down, read it in one sitting.
Heather

I love this book! :)
Michele
Mar 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Light-Hearted Entertainment
There's nothing NOT to like about this story, Scot on the Rocks. Highly readable and very funny, turning pages of this slim paperback is as easy as watching a feature film about your funniest friend getting in over her head in situation after situation--all the while checking to make sure you're still there, letting her know everything's going to be okay.

This is the story of Brooke Miller, a bumbling attorney at one of NYC's high-power big firms, and her quest to survi
Stephanie
Sep 20, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone looking for a funny read
I loved this book! You will be laughing out loud the whole way through.
Tara
Aug 09, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chick lit readers
I liked the author's sense of humor. Typical chick lit book though.
Sammy
Sep 20, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people looking for a laugh out loud read
This book was hilarious. Scot on the Rocks... ROCKS!!!!
Sep 11, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Carrie and Neighbor
Shelves: chick_lit
It was a cute book. A little slow at first but picked it up in the middle.
Linda Zagon
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

MY REVIEW
I loved just everything about "Scot on the Rocks" Or, How I Survived My Ex-Boyfriend's Wedding With My Dignity Ever So Slightly Intact (The Brooke Miller Diaries) by Brenda Janowitz.  The genres of this novel are Fiction, Women's Fiction, Romance and Humor.

Wow, Kudos to Brenda Janowitz, for this  delicious, charming, delightful and enjoyable read from start to finish! How could I resist reading a novel with such an intriguing title? How many people go to their ex-boyfriend's wedding? Le
Moderngirlstyle
Apr 04, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: every woman that loves chick lit & mainstream fiction!
Shelves: chick-lit
Should attending your ex-boyfriend's wedding be against the law? Alright, I might be pushing things a bit too far. But, if you haven't heard yet about Brenda Janowitz's debut novel titled SCOT ON THE ROCKS: HOW I SURVIVED MY EX-BOYFRIEND'S WEDDING WITH MY DIGNITY EVER-SO-SLIGHTLY INTACT then you are clearly missing out on one of the sweetest chick lit books to hit the shelf!

The Book

Brooke Miller is a funny, ever so quick witted, and intelligent Manhattan lawyer that makes a few hard-knock choice
Kate Olson
Fun, frothy and indulgent, SCOT ON THE ROCKS is a bright and fast-paced story that will be sure to please fans of Bridget Jones and the Shopaholic series. While Brooke's story had its share of light moments, I was impressed with the importance of her legal career in the story - it added depth that I really appreciated. There were also laugh-out-loud moments in this story that made it a lot of fun to read and I raced through the book.

Fans of chick lit, pick this one up!

Thanks to the author for p
Sadie
Sep 19, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story that unravels a bit slowly at first. I put the book down at around chapter three or four just because I wasn't very connected to the characters or plot, but several months later I was convinced by a friend to pick it up again. She told me to keep reading it -- and, as promised, the second half of the book picks up nicely as the plot flows into a solid ending. It's well-written, and I gave it three stars due mainly to the slow start.
Sivan Ayla
Apr 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone looking for a light, fun read.
Recommended to Sivan by: Brenda Janowitz L)
Let it be known that Brenda Janowitz is brilliant! Her cleverly written story of a New York lawyer in search of something that is right in front of her is hysterical and heart-warming. This is the type of book you will wish was made into a movie due to its energetic story-line and dialogue. Looking forward to the new book!!
Kim
Nov 09, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers of chick lit!
very cute & funny novel!
liked the characters & totally felt the humiliation of some of the parts ;)
Amy
Jan 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kinsella fans
Shelves: quickfunread
This is definitely chick lit (fun and madcap) but it has a strong point of view and a main character whose voice is original and appealing.
Danielle
Jan 29, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
You gotta love the things crazy girls do when they discover their ex-boyfriends have moved on. A fun and lighthearted read.
Brenda
Jul 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We’ve all been there before: dumped by a not-so-great guy for someone else. Yet something inside compels us to try to win them back, dignity and common sense be damned. Brooke Miller is with us.

Brooke made the fatal mistake of doubting the sexiness of her Scottish boyfriend Douglas’s kilt, and soon found herself without a date to her ex-boyfriend Trip’s California wedding, homeless, and dumped for a white trashy woman with a name that sounds like a shampoo from the 80’s. Didn’t anybody tell her
Annemarie
You know you want to read a book instantly from the cover or title.. Scot on the rocks, how I survived my x BF's wedding with my dignity ever so slightly intact. Cute story under layers of repetetive dialogue and useless information. Brooke's a lawyer a litigator.. Repeat 100x times. In the new millenium.. Repeat 100x. She's Jewish.. Repeat 100x .. Told in the first person, Brooke is a lawyer unfortunately comes off as a lazy, whiny, clutz(IMO)! If not for the secondary characters I would have c ...more
Drishi
Nov 10, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF. Stopped at page 63.

This book was not for my taste. I've outgrown books like this because I've had my fair share when i was younger.

The writing style sounded a lot like Meg Cabot and I've definitely outgrown her.

The characters were blah. The story was blah. There was no maturity. Everything was lame.

It was sorta funny, I guess. But more annoying. I wanted to tell "Shut up" at the narrator. That's a good sign that you're not gonna like the book.

The only reason why I forced myself to complete
Syao Chan
It's hard to read a story when I have nothing but distaste for the protagonist. I'm all for human flaws and all, but Brooke is just so... unlikable. But then again, that's probably what the author intended to do, and so in that aspect, she succeeded in arousing emotions from me for her characters.

Also, for a lawyer, Brooke sounds too much like someone from Sweet Valley High. Thank heavens her too-good-for-her-BFF Valerie is there. At least that's one person I can root for.

Jack sounds like someon
Aug 04, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This books was a spur of the moment grab while checking in books at the library, and turned out to be a very funny chick romance that I fell in love with. It's hilarious what the main character's friend/coworker will do for her, while she tries to maintain her dignity while attending her ex's wedding. Very nice quick summer read. I was very excited to hear about the sequel, "Jack with a twist."
Michelle
Mar 03, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite the fact that I hate girls that pine after men who dump/cheat on them and don't want them, this book was funny and cute and I pretty much read it straight through. The main character was a high powered lawyer and yet she did not talk that way at all. She seemed a little juvenile, but overall she was pretty funny.
Alison
Jun 10, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like books with lots of girl talk
Recommended to Alison by: Sarah W.
This book is a quick read, with great characters, and the best narration and dialog. Really, I loved the narration, it's charming, relatable, and lively. However, the pace was a little quick during certain key moments. Overall, quite fun though.
Kerri
Oct 03, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Some parts are funny, but overall a silly book. Kind of a fun/quick read. Main character is difficult to like, even at the end.
Marcela (BookaholicCat)
Cute, fun and highly entertaining. A perfect read for a gloomy day.
Rona
  • Fifteen Minutes of Shame
  • The Night I Got Lucky
  • Notes From The Backseat
  • The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter
  • The Fidelity Files (Jennifer Hunter, #1)
  • The Pact (Rachel Benjamin, #1)
  • Me Vs. Me
  • Three Bedrooms In Chelsea
  • Thanks for Nothing, Nick Maxwell
  • Testing Kate
  • Slightly Settled (Slightly, #2)
  • It's About Your Husband
  • Hand-Me-Down (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • Frenemies
  • Exes and Ohs
  • Making Mischief
Brenda is the author of five novels, including THE DINNER PARTY (St. Martin’s April 2016). She is the Books Correspondent for PopSugar. Her work has also appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Salon, Redbook, Bustle, The Forward, the New York Post, Publisher’s Weekly, Hello Giggles, Writer’s Digest Magazine, WritersDigest.com, Mom.me, and xojane.

Brenda attended Cornell University an
More about Brenda Janowitz...

Brooke Miller (2 books)
  • Jack with a Twist: Engaging Your Adversary and Other Things They Don't Teach You in Law School (Brooke Miller, #2)