Start by marking “Info-Psychology: A Revision of Exo-Psychology ” as Want to Read:
Info-Psychology: A Revision of Exo-Psychology

Info-Psychology: A Revision of Exo-Psychology

Explores the following issues: Space Migration, Intelligence Increase and Life Extension.
Published July 1st 1994 by New Falcon Publications (first published 1977)

To ask other readers questions about Info-Psychology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Info-Psychology

Scott
Jan 03, 2014 rated it did not like it
When I apply critical thinking to some of the statements in this book I find them difficult to confirm as true. For example, "Exopsychology views human destiny in terms of an evolving nervous system, designed by DNA intelligence which uses planets as temporary nesting sites in an interstellar migratory process, destined to extend lifespan/life-scope to become symbiotic transceivers of quantum physical conditions." How would someone know this? How would someone come to these conclusions? How woul ...more
Justin
Nov 19, 2018 added it
In a similar vein as Leary's other books
Zulu Adams
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
A shamelessly breathtaking prediction for the evolution of life. Leary was characteristically over-optimistic at the timescale for humanity's evolution past our present stage, but it's interesting matching his ideas to the current technological world rather than our neurological activities.

What makes the book so enjoyable though is not merely the scale of Leary's vision for our development or his surprisingly convincing arguments, but rather his absolutely unbridled enthusiasm for the subject m
Brian Dean
Oct 25, 2007 marked it as to-read
Many years ago my friend and housemate, Dan, had borrowed this book. I peaked into it dabbled through and it blew my fucking mind. Mostly about Leary's 8-circuit model/map of consciousness. Even if he's off the mark this book is breathtaking in the imagination department alone
Eric
Jan 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
Leary's S.P.A.C.E. program is fascinating. His fans make him seem less well-considered than his writing.
Thomas
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Think about it..... If you know anything more about this guy, other then that he was a Psychologist, who advocated for Acid, and Hippie Counterculture...

Not gonna explore all the details here... But this man, who wrote this Pseudo-scientific-Linguistically-poetic masterpiece, he was a truly adventorous, lunatic, peaceful, yet radical revolutionary...

I smile every time, i read a few pages....!... <3
J
Jul 25, 2008 rated it liked it
This is generally considered his masterpiece - and due to the innovations in it - I agree. However, Leary frequently finds himself doing the salesman game even to himself and his lack of understanding of the physical sciences undermines himself. Still worth reading though.
Naomi
Sep 09, 2009 marked it as to-read
Shelves: on-my-bookshelf
9/9/09: One of the books I inherited when moving in with my partner. He's been telling me to read it for 2 1/2 years now, so here I go.
Count-daniel Fogarty
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
An excellent book which allowed to completely re-wire my consciousness and interact with the world in novel ways.
Patrick F
  • Coincidance: A Head Test
  • Undoing Yourself: With Energized Meditation and Other Devices
  • Angel Tech: A Modern Shaman's Guide to Reality Selection
  • Programming & Metaprogramming in the Human Biocomputer: Theory & Experiments
  • The Master Game (Consciousness Classics)
  • Book 4
  • The Gnostics
  • Anarchism: Arguments For and Against
  • Chaos, Creativity and Cosmic Consciousness
Timothy Francis Leary was an American writer, psychologist, futurist, modern pioneer and advocate of psychedelic drug research and use, and one of the first people whose remains have been sent into space. An icon of 1960s counterculture, Leary is most famous as a proponent of the therapeutic and spiritual benefits of LSD. He coined and popularized the catch phrase "Turn on, tune in, drop out."