Start by marking “The Case of the Gypsy Good-Bye (Enola Holmes, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Case of the Gypsy Good-Bye (Enola Holmes, #6)

The Case of the Gypsy Good-Bye

(Enola Holmes #6)

In the series conclusion, Enola searches for missing Lady Blanchefleur while her brother Sherlock seeks her, with a message from their long-lost mother that only Enola can decipher. Sherlock and brother Mycroft follow Enola into London's dark underbelly to solve a triple mystery. Where is their mother, Lady Blanchefleur, and their connection?
Published May 13th 2010 by Philomel Books (first published May 4th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Case of the Gypsy Good-Bye, please sign up.
Mea I would suggest reading the other books first.
…more
I would suggest reading the other books first.
(less)
Jodee Clark I think this might be a typo or error. If you type in Good-Bye it brings up the real book by Nancy Springer. This title is Goodbye. Nancy Springer did…moreI think this might be a typo or error. If you type in Good-Bye it brings up the real book by Nancy Springer. This title is Goodbye. Nancy Springer did write it as I am reading it right now. (less)

Start your review of The Case of the Gypsy Good-Bye (Enola Holmes, #6)
Josephine
Feb 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
Overall I really enjoyed this book and this whole series. They were quick, well written, fairly educational books with a fun character that I liked. There was only one tiny detail that kind of bothered me though. The books (especially this one) felt overly feminist to the point where I felt like it was saying that being a wife and or mother is far inferior to being a well educated woman who actually makes a difference in the world and isn't held back by a family, particularly by children. It was ...more
colleen the convivial curmudgeon
11/12/11

Ah, bliss.

I really enjoyed the ending to the series, even though it's a bit bitter-sweet - both because of some happenstances in the story, but also just because I like the series so much I'm sort of sad to see it ending. Better than that continuing into perpetuity and getting boring, though.

Anyway - the mystery aspect of the story was ok but, in my opinion, it as heavily overshadowed by all the family drama and developments that were going on. Since the two parts of the story are very i
A satisfying end to the series, even if I wish it would go on and on! I so enjoyed Enola Holmes, especially with Katherine Kellgren narrating her. The mystery in this one was not as strong as those in previous books, but that's because a lot of the story was focused on Enola's relationship with Sherlock and Mycroft, and finding out what happened to her mother. I loved the way things were left between them, only wish there were more books in the series!
2018 Re-Read
For some reason, I remember this book as vaguely disappointing. I went in with some hesitation and was quickly blown away.
I love this ending. I love the way the author wraps things up. Heck, I started getting choked up by the end! This really was a great conclusion.
(Also, while I adamantly refuse to change my old reviews, do skip my 2010 review. It brings me pain to re-read it.)

2010 Review
The next in Nancy Springer's Enola Holmes Mysteries, I have been looking forward to this book f
Stephanie
Feb 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
The Case of the Gypsy Goodbye is the conclusion to the Enola Holmes mystery series. I enjoyed this series very much. In the final installment, Enola is found by her much older brother, Sherlock when he brings a mysterious letter to her. The letter was sent to their family estate, Ferndell, and was addressed to Enola. A drawing on the front of the envelope was clearly done by Enola's mother, who went missing nearly a year ago. As usual for the elder Lady Holmes, the letter inside was in the form ...more
⋟Kimari⋞
If you liked this book, you might also enjoy:

Flavia de Luce series
Sally Lockhart series
Terri Lynn
This 6th book in the Enola Holmes series of mysteries starring Mycroft and Sherlock Holmes' 14 year old sister is a bittersweet ending to a series I have come to love.

The series began a year earlier when the mother of Enola and her much older brothers Mycroft and Sherlock abandoned Enola on her 14th birthday leaving a handmade book of ciphers for Enola to use to discover all of the money she had hidden in various places for Enola's use. The mother had never been very nurturing or motherly, even
Betsy
Nov 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
One Sentence Review: Seems unfair to have to review this since it broke my heart by ending my favorite series, but at the very least I can reassure you that Springer wraps everything up swimmingly (sob!).
Alexandra
I am very sad there will be no more stories in this series but it ended very satisfactorily with all books in the series very solid.
Jessica
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: j-ya, mystery-action
I'm so sad that I'm done with this series. Nancy Springer provided a great twist on an old classic. These books were all quick reads and/or listens, and I loved the emphasis on girl power prevalent throughout the series. I regret that Katherine Kellgren will not have an opportunity to narrate anymore audio books. She was a true talent and her voice will be missed.
Gemma
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enola. My cherished sister, I beg of you, be whatever you like.

I will miss this incredibly brave independent young woman very much. You did good, kid!
Elevetha
Sep 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Mystery MG readers

2.5 stars.

Okay. Um. Good story. Cute MG mystery.

I still love the dynamic between Enola, Sherlock, and now, Mycroft. I love siblings and these three, once they aren't running away from one another and/or threatening to ship Enola off to "finishing school", they are really rather cute.

But their stupid annoying mother!

I couldn't take it. I wanted someone to track her down and Gibb smack her.

(view spoiler)
Michael
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Warning - this book contains a scene with cat-flinging.
Cat peril aside this was a pretty good sign off for the series. The six book series comes to an end. Although Enola will never push Flavia off her cosy perch there was plenty to enjoy following the young seeker of the lost. The books are short, cosy, amusing and lightly educational for young readers. Springer doesn't shy from disturbing the cosiness with darker edges from time to time and neither does she let Sherlock upstage Enola at any st
May 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Jamie Dacyczyn
So ends (?) this fun little series. Enola Holmes (Sherlock and Mycroft's much younger sister) followed in their mother's footsteps by running away from home to escape the stifling confinements of societal expectations. Enola made her way to London, disguised herself, and started up her own investigation business. The series has been following her exploits ever since. This latest one wraps up her first year on her own.

Overall, I quite enjoyed this series. The books are a bit short, so the mysteri
C.J. Milbrandt
When Enola is hired to find a missing Duquessa, she has some cause for consternation. Not only did the lady disappear on Baker Street, not far from her brother's home, but the frantic husband has also employed Sherlock Holmes. Avoiding him might prove impossible. (Much to every readers' delight.)

Hansom cabs and underground trains. Ladies-in-waiting and lace handkerchiefs. Palmistry and pets. Cameos and curtain calls. In this finale to the Enola Holmes series, Springer masterfully brings us full
Inés
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I'm so sad I have to say goodbye to this wonderful girl, but at the same time I'm so happy I got to meet her: Enola Holmes is canon and you can't tell me otherwise.

Although I would have liked an epilogue or something like that, I think the final chapter gives you enough information of what is going to happen next to the characters, so I am content.

I can't say I'm fond at all of Eudoria Holmes (Mycroft, Sherlock and Enola's mum), it's a character that I don't think I understand fully nor that I a
Steve Devitt
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Being a fan of Sherlock Holmes from early in life (around the age of 8) when I first read The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, I have always been interested in the different takes on the world of Mr. Holmes. From films to books. Some have been well done, others not so much.
The Enola Holmes series was a surprising delight to read. Nancy Springer gave life to one of the most interesting characters I have come across in some time in the sister of Sherlock and Mycroft Holmes. She is intelligent, witt
Delaney Peterson
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a wonderful series. Brilliant for young readers (particularly for young-young adults, the 13-15-year-old crowd) but so nuanced and complex and rich, in spite of the short length of each book.
Cathy
Oct 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Middle School library
As Enola searches for the missing Lady Blanchefleur del Campo, she discovers that her brother Sherlock is just as diligently searching for Enola herself and this time he really needs to catch her! He is in possession of a most peculiar package, a message from their long-lost mother that only Enola can decipher. Sherlock, along with their brother Mycroft, must follow Enola into the reeking tunnels of London's dark underbelly as they solve a triple mystery: What has happened to their mother? And t ...more
Text Addict
Jun 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Nooooo! This is the LAST ONE!

Ahem. Yeah, so, I really like this series. I mean, who wouldn't? The investigative adventures of Enola Holmes, the (much) younger sister of Sherlock Holmes? Codes, mysteries, strong female characters in Victorian London, a hefty dose of THIS-is-why-we-are-feminists-girls, not to mention Springer's usual excellent writing?

They are short - this one's 166 pages, a novella, really - and as far as I'm concerned, the most excellent professional homage to Holmes that I've r
Susan
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, 2013
This is apparently the last in the Enola Holmes series, which is a shame as for the most part, this series was enjoyable. Enola was quite a resourceful young lady and rivaled her famous brother's detecting skills.

The mystery in this one, I felt, was on the weak side. It read fine, just wasn't as good as some of the others in the series.

All along the various entries in this series is an underling storyline of discovering where Enola's missing mother was. I was looking for a satisfactory solution,
May 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, childrens
I enjoyed this last book in the Enola Holmes series, but I was kind of relieved to have it finished. I was intrigued enough by the characters and the overarching mystery of the whole series to keep reading, even though I found some parts boring and/or very unbelievable.

I am not one for verbal descriptions of dresses...and for an independent advocate of women's rights, Enola sure knew a lot about dresses and fashion accessories. I could understand her describing the bustle and the corset and the
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
A perfect conclusion to this wonderful series! Enola is once again on the case, this time tracking down the missing Duquessa, while avoiding her brothers Sherlock and Mycroft. All those mysteries that have been niggling at me for the entire series are finally resolved. Why did Enola's mother run away with gypsies? How will Enola repair her relationship with her brothers without losing her freedom?

I was very glad to see more of Sherlock in this book, especially since the dialogue between him and
Fla Fla
Nov 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sherlockiana
I'm very sad to see this lovely series end. It's a bitter-sweet ending, and I can't help not wishing there was another book, at least another, honestly I'd keep asking for more and more...
We reach the final face off between Enola and her two brothers. She gains their respect, Sherlock was more easily won over than Mycroft but he too sees logic in the end. Enola will have her way, she will be a perditorian, Sherlock is happy to have the competition.
The story all begins on Enola's birthday, her 1
Ozana Ozzy
Final book of Enola Holmes and her battle for independance...

Year has passed since Enola ran from home after her mother left her but also leaves her means to be free and independent, leaving her money she saved for years.

In this series Springer showed us world of London underground, lower and upper classes, fashion, Suffragetes movement, history characters and how to be free.

Enola is heroine of 14 years in late 19 century but almost at that age girls are geting married and poorer ones worked f
BookSweetie
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
#6 in the Enola Holmes Mystery Series

This is a wonderful series starring the clever, self-reliant 14 year old sister of Sherlock Holmes in which an aristocratic young woman goes missing without a trace. The writing stays true to the VIctorian era and, as one expects in a mystery, the mystery is solved by the end of the book.

Lovely wrap up to a whole year in Enola's life in which her two famous older brothers figure significantly. With the help of a gypsy, on her 15th birthday Enola finally l
Brandy Painter
Sherlock has finally figured out the fastest way to find Enola and its a good thing because he has received a communication from their missing mother that is for her. At the same time they are both tied up in a case involving a missing noblewoman. The book pulls together all the missing pieces in a tidy way and leaves the reader with a sense of closure. (Inexplicably to me Lady Cecily is brought up by Enola again at the end and it is said she has affection for her. I remain completely baffled by ...more
Ellen
Feb 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Laurie, Talena, Josie, Arwen
I really liked this book, and I really liked all of the Enola Holmes books. I think this is the last one in the series. Many of Enola's concerns that she has throughout all of the books are resolved, i.e., what became of her mother, her relationships with her brothers, and what to plan on for her future. It's almost like all of the books combined are really one book, with a satisfactory conclusion in this one. I'm glad that, for the most part, I've read them all in order. However, I still haven' ...more
Wealhtheow
May 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: victorian, ya
After her father's death and her mother's disappearance, Enola Holmes escaped her older brothers and went into business for herself as a consulting detective. The case of a missing duchess brings her and Sherlock Holmes together, and Enola must decide whether to maintain her lonely freedom or hope that her brothers have changed their minds about controlling her.

This book's mystery is pretty lightweight; far more time is spent on Enola's relationships with her brothers. I was glad to see a resolu
reviews 1 5 Jan 16, 2016 07:27AM

• Theodosia and the Eyes of Horus (Theodosia Throckmorton, #3)
  • Journey Across the Hidden Islands
  • The Moor (Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes, #4)
  • Mischief
  • Deceptive (Illusive, #2)
  • Shakespeare's Library: Unlocking the Greatest Mystery in Literature
  • Jane and the Genius of the Place (Jane Austen Mysteries, #4)
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Illustrated Short Stories (#3-4, 6 ,8-9)
  • The Lost Gutenberg
  • Sold Down the River (Benjamin January, #4)
  • Five Day Fiancé (Brewer Brothers #3)
  • The Fifth Avenue Story Society
  • Toe-Up 2-at-a-Time Socks
  • Murder at Kensington Palace (Wrexford & Sloane, #3)
  • The Time Museum (Time Museum, #1)
  • The Map of Knowledge: How Classical Ideas Were Lost and Found: A History in Seven Cities
  • Sherlock Holmes and the Red Demon (Sherlock Holmes in Minnesota #1)
  • Peppermints in the Parlor

BIO -- NANCY SPRINGER

Nancy Springer has passed the fifty-book milestone, having written that many novels for adults, young adults and children, in genres including mythic fantasy, contemporary fiction, magical realism, horror, and mystery -- although she did not realize she wrote mystery until she won the Edgar Allan Poe Award from the Mystery Writers of America two years in succession. DARK LIE

Enola Holmes (6 books)
  • The Case of the Missing Marquess (Enola Holmes, #1)
  • The Case of the Left-Handed Lady (Enola Holmes, #2)
  • The Case of the Bizarre Bouquets (Enola Holmes, #3)
  • The Case of the Peculiar Pink Fan (Enola Holmes, #4)
  • The Case of the Cryptic Crinoline (Enola Holmes, #5)