Start by marking “The Size of a Mustard Seed” as Want to Read:
The Size of a Mustard Seed

The Size of a Mustard Seed

Sullivan ushers in a new era of fiction--urban Islamic fiction--with this tale about Jameelah, a 27-year-old Muslim woman born to what appears to be one of the inner-city's stronger blended American-Muslim families.
Published June 1st 2009 by Muslim Writers Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Size of a Mustard Seed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Size of a Mustard Seed

Start your review of The Size of a Mustard Seed
Sumayyah
Dec 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Masha'Allah, I recently had the pleasure of reading "The Size of a Mustard Seed" by Umm Juwayriyah.

Book Jacket:

It's a new era of fiction; Urban Islamic Fiction that is! Stepping up out into the spotlight is Jameelah Salih. Jameelah is a 27-year-old Muslim woman born to what appears to be one of the inner-city's stronger blended American Muslim f/>It's/>Book
W.B. Abdullah
Aug 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying that I don't read fiction. And I don't stay up past 10 pm on most nights either. Well, I stayed up past 1:30AM to finish this book!!! I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN! I slept with the book, traveled with the book, kept a night light just to read the book. This story is sure to plant a smile and some laughs, insh'Allah! Beautifully told and expertly weaved, The Size of A Mustard Seed will not disappoint. Featured are characters from all walks of life, the likes of which you've prob ...more
Brooke
Jun 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Never would have picked this up based on the cover alone--yes, I am a graphics snob--so, so glad I did! Great and comforting read. Suggested to anyone wanting an intimate peek at what being an American Muslim can look like.

Wish this sister would sit down for a second and get the second one in the series out!
SISTERS Magazine
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Classified under the genre of Urban Islamic Fiction, The Size of a Mustard Seed is a literary accomplishment of the talented author, Umm Juwayriyyah. Given the fact that hundreds of dubious fictitious novels abound in bookshops around the world, novels like The Size of a Mustard Seed are the need of the hour in providing Muslim youth with quality Islamic literature. While reading the book, I particularly noticed the powerful writing style of the author. Doing justice to all of her characters, Um ...more
Hadiyah
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book,I enjoyed the story line.I was anxious to finished reading the book because I want to know how Adam was going to tell his parents that he had married, and if Jameelah was going to be blessed with someone she felt comfortable marrying. It was a good read. I actually learned somethings myself, that is to be patience and fear Allah as much as possible. Turn to Him for guidance in all my situations.
Papatia Feauxzar
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I really can't wait to read another book in the series.
Faith Dismuke
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Although the storyline was a little slow, the story was incredibly relatable. It was nice to read a book about Muslim culture and being a person of color in a way that was honest realistic and contemporary.
Daughters Of Abraham
A fictional story about a young Muslim woman facing everyday life and spiritual challenges in her Muslim community in Central Massachusetts. While not “great literature,” the book was a very compelling read, and it opened a window for many of the non-Muslims in our group into the ways that Islam infuses everyday life for Muslims. The author traveled from her home in Upstate NY to be with us for the discussion, which added immeasurably to what would have been a lively discussion in any case.
Kausar Azam
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lovely book.

MashaaAllah love the sisterhood and family bond showed in the story. It makes me feel like having my own 'Covered Pearls'- a place where sisterhood, love, and friendships foster- all for the sake of Allah SWT.
Edina Truth-Jones
Aug 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
What's up with this....even the fictional characters getting married ..Lol MaashaAllaah. I liked the pace and story told from a Muslimah point of view makes it something I can relate to. a halal feel-good story
Ummsalahuddeen
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: yes
Recommended to Ummsalahuddeen by: Not sure
Shelves: islamic-novels
Love the story. It was a page turner for me, I couldn't put it down. I would highly recommend this to everyone.
Bina
Jul 09, 2012
Israa
Mar 31, 2019
Umm Juwayriyah
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: islamic-fiction

• She Wore Red Trainers
  • Saints and Misfits
  • A Very Large Expanse of Sea
  • Gay Girl, Good God: The Story of Who I Was and Who God Has Always Been
  • DON'T FORGET YOUR CROWN: Self-Love has everything to do with it.
  • Pining & Loving
  • Ayesha at Last
  • Finding Yvonne
  • With the Fire on High
  • May I Have Your Attention, Please?
  • Love From A to Z