Start by marking “The Artist's Way Every Day: A Year of Creative Living” as Want to Read:
The Artist's Way Every Day: A Year of Creative Living

The Artist's Way Every Day: A Year of Creative Living

(The Artist's Way)

This new book from the author of the international bestseller The Artist's Way guides readers through a year of cultivating a deeper connection to their creative selves.

The Artist's Way has touched the lives of millions of people around the world. Now, for the first time, fans will have a beautifully designed daily companion to the author's life-changing creative process.

W
Published October 1st 2009 by Tarcherperigee (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Artist's Way Every Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Artist's Way Every Day

Jenji
Sep 26, 2012 rated it liked it
I have love/somewhat-disgusted feelings about this book. (I would say "series of books," but I never finished the flagship book in the series.)

On the one hand, I find some common sense advice for the artist, certainly things I can relate to, such as today's (9/26) gem: "There is a connection between self-nurturing and self-respect. If I allow myself to be bullied and cowed by other people's urges for me to be more normal or more nice, then I sell myself out. They may like me better, feel more c
Vanessa
The Artists Way is one of my bibles. I read through completely & actively participated in every activity the first time June 2014. I've gone through it in varying levels of thoroughness every year since then. I recommend this book to everyone because it will speak to you wherever you are at.
Wendy Swenson
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorites!

I give this book a five-star rating because I have read it several times and each time again something new. Maybe that's a new insight, maybe a new perspective, or simply a refreshing of the dreams in my heart and spirit. You can pick up and start this book anywhere. Sometimes I read it daily, sometimes weekly, either way it's worth my time. Perhaps you will enjoy this book too. I highly recommend it.
Cathyann
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, favorites
Excellent book for writers, artists or any creatives looking for support and inspiration on their journey of creation. I highly recommend this book!! It is one that will always be on my shelf, and I'll read it again and again. It is the type of book that each time you read it you can find a new treasure in its pages.
Colin Rochford
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I started to read this book I thought, "Oh no it's going to be too Godly." But it wasn't. It was spiritual, yes, but it was perfect. Not just for writers or artists per se, but for anybody pursuing anything in life. This book has it all.
Eleanor Thorel
Jan 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I took my time with this book, between writing and reading I found it helped me immensely. I know it isn't for everyone, but for the most part there were many gems to glean.

I enjoyed the format and the quotes and Julia's candor and honesty in her own personal daily struggles.
Patti
May 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A great daily inspiration tool from the always wonderful Julia Cameron. Perfect, bite-sized pieces from The Artist's Way for a bit of Julia every day!
Tina
Feb 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
I love this book, will repeat again next year with the daily prompts
Gayle
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed reading daily. Inspiring.
Cheryl
Jan 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Ugh. I have not been so glad to finish a book in a long time. In defense of the book, I read it out of order. I should have read The Writer's Journey first. Because I hadn't, it required a bit of research to understand a couple of concepts (morning pages and artist's dates).

There were some nuggets that made reading this a worthy task, but I fear most of it was lost on me. To me, this would have been better suited as an affirmation page-a-day calendar than a book to be read. Maybe that was sort
Michelle
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you are an artist, or even just creative in the smallest way, this book is great for advice, inspiration, and insight. For me, it helped me to honestly understand why I am the way I am (and why I suck at math so bad...). If you're not creative, which is not true because human beings were "created" to be "creative," just read it to understand an artist friend or gain some insights of your own as to why the weird art kids in high school really were the weird kids. I seriously am contemplating o ...more
Maggie
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
lived with this book every day in 2015 -- 365 moments of reflection on devoting oneself to writing ... and it was worth every single second of the morning discipline ... i also kept a daily journal of my thoughts on ms. cameron's words for each day and as a result now have a bound journal of all those odd thoughts on writing that would float around in my head on writing as process and joy. highly recommended but only when the year of dedication presents itself. you will do it when it is time to ...more
Lenita Sheridan
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book can be used as a devotional for any kind of artist. In fact, the author states that we are all artists. The book has an entry to read for each day of the year. The author refers to the Creator quite often in the book. In the book we are spiritual beings. The author addresses spirituality quite well throughout the book. I especially like her entry about self-published authors. She describes them as stubborn.
I don't use this address
I have tried to get through this book many times over the past 15 years. I never have...so there must be something to that! Could just be me....I do agree that releasing ones mind on paper and then just letting it go can be beneficial. Considering I have 55 journals that I may never read again and have traveled with me wherever I move since I was 10 --- maybe I should have!!!
Denise Tompkins
Jan 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: personal-library
Has some cool insights and one page at a timeI have months to go. Note: if you have read The Artist Way then read that first and do the course then it will explain some things. could deal with less God and less HE references though. I will finish it as I always like to complete all books I read.
Kym
Jan 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Love this daily reader.
Alice Allan
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the daily reminders from Julia's other books. I'm definitely a fan of hers.
Bryan
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Read this every day throughout 2016. Some entries were inspiring, some were too "religious" for my taste, and others I didn't understand.
Patricia Brooks
Jan 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Love this meditation and creativity book - it is 365 meditations and daily readings to inspire and they do along with my grateful journal and my morning pages.
BVR
Nov 01, 2018
Brandi Declue
Jun 16, 2014
Melodee Thow
rated it did not like it
Oct 27, 2018
  • Moving On: Creating Your House of Belonging with Simple Abundance
  • What We Ache For: Creativity and the Unfolding of Your Soul
  • Innovate Like Edison: The Success System of America's Greatest Inventor
  • Sweeping Changes:  Discovering the Joy of Zen in Everyday Tasks
  • Your Life is Your Message: Finding Harmony With Yourself, Others, and the Earth
  • Inner Peace for Busy People
  • The Daily Writer: 366 Meditations To Cultivate A Productive And Meaningful Writing Life
  • Borrowing Brilliance: The Six Steps to Business Innovation by Building on the Ideas of Others
  • A Year of Writing Dangerously: 365 Days of Inspiration and Encouragement
  • The True Secret of Writing: Connecting Life with Language
  • How Stella Saved the Farm: A Tale about Making Innovation Happen
  • In Short: A Collection of Brief Creative Nonfiction
  • Living the Creative Life: Ideas and Inspirations from Working Artists
  • The Gospel of Inclusion: Reaching Beyond Religious Fundamentalism to the True Love of God
  • Twenty-eight Artists and Two Saints: Essays
  • Your Life as Story: Discovering the "new Autobiography" and Writing Memoir as Literature
  • The Writer's Guide to Crafting Stories for Children
  • A Designer's Eye for Scrapbooking
Julia Cameron has been an active artist for more than thirty years, with fifteen books (including bestsellers The Artist's Way, Walking In This World and The Right to Write) and countless television, film, and theater scripts to her credit. Writing since the age of 18, Cameron has a long list of screenplay and teleplay credits to her name, including an episode of Miami Vice, and Elvis and the Beau ...more

The Artist's Way (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Artist's Way
  • The Artist's Way Workbook
  • The Artist's Way at Work: Riding the Dragon
  • The Artist's Way Starter Kit
  • The Artist's Way for Parents: Raising Creative Children
  • Inspirations: Meditations from The Artist's Way
  • Reflections on the Artist's Way
  • The Artist's Way Morning Pages Journal: A Companion Volume to the Artist's Way
  • The Artist's Way Morning Pages Journal: Deluxe Edition
  • The Artist's Way for Retirement: It's Never Too Late to Discover Creativity and Meaning
“We want to set aside time for our creative work, but we feel we should do something else instead. As blocked creatives, we focus not on our responsibilities to ourselves, but on our responsibilities to others. We tend to think such behavior makes us good people. It doesn’t. It makes us frustrated people.” 1 likes