Start by marking “Ginger High” as Want to Read:

3.45  ·  Rating details ·  33 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Since 1901, there have been many unexplained deaths at Ginger High, a school for students with special powers. Daisy, a girl with mystical gifts, her friends and others from an alternate reality help solve the mystery.
Published May 15th 2009 by Infinity Publishing (PA)

To ask other readers questions about Ginger High, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ginger High

Vampire Academy by Richelle MeadTwilight by Stephenie MeyerCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareMarked by P.C. CastBlue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz
Best Teen Vampire Fiction
385 books — 4,686 voters
Thirsty by M.T. AndersonNever Bite a Boy on the First Date by Tamara SummersDead Until Dark by Charlaine HarrisFang Girl by Helen KeebleVamped by Lucienne Diver
Fangs
13 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristen
Feb 11, 2010 rated it did not like it
How to put this nicely... I did not enjoy this book. My husband was ready to kill me because I kept on reading paragraphs out loud and saying "What????". And he was EVEN more surprised when I actually finished it. And this is why:

I'm breaking it down to really explain what is wrong with this book...

The characters are bland, often described only by name or as their gender. At times, you're not even sure who the adults are and who the kids are - because there is a severe lack of characterization i
Billy
Jul 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
BY: Melissa Burmester
PUBLISHED BY: Infinity Publishing.com
PUBLISHED IN: May 2009
ISBN: 0-7414-5363-0
Ages: teen & up
Reviewed by Billy Burgess

Growing up in the 90’s, I was a big fan of teen horror novels - Christopher Pike, R.L. Stine and Lois Duncan were some of my favorite authors. The teen horror/thriller trend has died down, except for the ones where vampires sparkle. I found Ginger High a breath of fresh air. Teen girls will easily connect with the main character, Daisy - a sma
Tina Evans
Aug 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I was hesitant when I asked to review Ginger High. I had never reviewed Young Adult fiction, nor had I reviewed an author as young as Melissa Burmeister.

However, to my delight Melissa Burmeister is a remarkable young author. She has brought to life a school filled with colorful characters, mystery, murder and the paranormal with a talent usually seen by much more experienced authors of this genre.

I had so many ‘Oh My Gosh moments’ and ‘I didn’t see that coming’ moments that I quickly got swept a
Bridget
Oct 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Ginger High is a school unlike any other. The students are from another universe and possess powers beyond your wildest imaginations. Someone is using their powers for evil and this person is not afraid to kill. Several unexplained deaths cause some of the students to follow the clues and find out who is doing this before it's too late.

This is the author's first book and I'm so excited to see what she publishes next. The author is able to capture your attention and keep it page after page.
Debbie
Aug 22, 2009 rated it liked it
As a freshman in High school, Daisy Fisher was surprised to be paired with a senior during in-school detention. Befriending Fredrick Ramsey changed her life, first she witnessed his part in the school burning down, then she finds that he would be attending the same school as her. Mixed feelings and thoughts about him and many of her new friends at Ginger High are compounded with the new understanding that everyone at this new school has special powers. When several deaths occur shortly after her ...more
Natalie
Aug 14, 2009 rated it did not like it
After the suspicious destruction of her normal high school, Daisy Fisher gets transferred to Ginger High, a school for students for special powers. But Daisy doesn't quite fit in, as she hasn't discovered her powers yet, which isn’t good, because “normals” who find out about the secret of Animist (a parallel universe full of supernatural creatures) have to be disposed of. To top that off, students are being attacked, and a war’s breaking out in Animist. Throw in a cute, mysterious boy who’s got ...more
Wrighty
Sep 10, 2009 rated it liked it
The novel begins in 1901 where a series of murders take place. All of the victims have bite marks on their necks. Could it be vampires? The story jumps forward to modern days and focuses on teen Daisy Fisher. After her school is burnt down, Daisy is sent to a new school in New York. Ginger High is a private school for students with extraordinary powers and abilities. She befriends some of the students who can teleport, heal others, and create fire. She soon finds out that people came to Earth fr ...more
Nely
Sep 30, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review
Ginger High is no ordinary school. It is a school for students with special powers. Many years ago people came to Earth from the Kingdom of Animist, a parallel universe. Two long time friends, Matthias and Amanta, attended the school and then returned home to Animist. The school has had many unexplained deaths. Daisy Fisher attends the school after her old school burns down. Matthias and Amanta are called back to the school to help solve the mysteries. What are powers? And what is with this craz ...more
Wendy Hines
Jun 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Daisy Fisher is a normal freshman teenager. She enjoys spending time with her friends, shopping, and boys. But, all that changes the day her school burns down. Her parents enroll her at Ginger High and not everything appears as it seems.

Amanta Cortes and Matthias Achilles attended Ginger High years ago. Upon graduation they were told to return to their own kingdom, Animist, a parallel universe. When they left Ginger High, girls had been murdered with no culprit found, and now again years later,
Aug 26, 2009 rated it it was ok
This review was originally posted on my review blog : Falling Off The Shelf.

Ginger High is for special students. These students have an array of talents that no normal person is bestowed. People with these talents descended from a parallel universe called Animist, although some are unaware that is truly where they are from. When unexplained deaths start occuring at Ginger High, two long time friends, Matthias and Amanta return to Ginger High to help solve the mysteries.

Daisy Fisher is a young st
Kira
In a school where the students have special powers, unexplained deaths are popping up around Ginger High. All of the victims have bite marks on their necks. After having to back to their parallel, supernatural world of Animist, supernatural beings, Matthias, Taeru, and Amanta, are brought back to help solve the mysterious deaths. After her old school burns down, Daisy Fisher starts at Ginger. As if learning to control her newfound supernatural powers wasn’t enough, she discovers a deep, family s ...more
Gaby
Oct 14, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, ya-fiction
The blurb:
Ginger High is no ordinary school. It is a school for students with "special powers." Many years ago people came to Earth from the kingdom of Animist, a parallel universe. Two longtime friends, Matthias and Amanta, attended the school and then returned home to Animist.

The school has had many unexplained deaths. Daisy Fisher attends the school after her old school to help solve the mysteries. What are powers? And what is with the crazy school? Welcome to Ginger High!

Review:
Ginger High i
Autumn Erwin
Sep 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
in ginger high,daisy fishers school burns down and she has to go to the exclusive ginger high, a high school she finds out for people with powers. when girls start to be murdered she doesn't know what to do.

tihs book was better than i thought it was going to be. i read it in 2 days. but i did think people were kind of mellow for some things where i would think they would be freaking out.all in all it was worth the time. if there is a second book i will read it.
also i got this book from goodreads
Ellen Maze
Aug 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YA vampire fans, teens who like paranormal
I happened upon this book while trolling another web site and wanted to put in my two cents.

I am taking into account the age of the author and saying WELL DONE! You have a very developed sense of imagination and creativity. I believe you could be a bestselling author if you keep working at it. This is an excellently constructed novel for someone your age.

I wish you great success,

Ellen C Maze
Bestselling author of unique vampire fiction
Deb
Sep 25, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
* I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads *

(More like 3.5 stars.....)
I thought this was a good book for a quick read. I felt the plot was a bit choppy and the characters could have used a little more development but I really enjoyed the idea of the story. I feel like the author has a lot of potential and I look forward to reading more of her work in the future!
Rebbekka P
Nov 14, 2014
Tanya
Sep 05, 2015
Darleine
Jan 12, 2011
Sarah Woodard
rated it did not like it
Feb 02, 2010
Melissa
Nov 22, 2009
Tonyaprice
Jul 19, 2016
  • Daemon Eyes (Daemons, Inc., #1 & #2)
  • Loups-Garous
  • Plague of Spells (Forgotten Realms: Abolethic Sovereignty, #1)
  • Saiyuki Reload Volume 1
  • Headstone City
  • Water Witch
  • The Ultimates: Against All Enemies
  • Nyx: Wannabe
  • Blood Brothers
  • She Thief
  • Spera, Volume 2
  • My So-Called Haunting (Afterlife, #2)
  • Guarding the Vampire's Ghost (Green's Hill, #3)
  • Shadowland (Brotherhood of the Conch, #3)
  • Angels of the Deep
  • Return the Heart (Heart, #1)
  • A Banquet for Hungry Ghosts: A Collection of Deliciously Frightening Tales
  • Hawkspar (Korre, #2)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)