Start by marking “Being the Change” as Want to Read:
Being the Change

Being the Change

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Alan Khazei has pioneered ways to empower citizens to make a difference throughout his life. As a young graduate from Harvard Law School, he turned down lucrative offers from corporate law firms to found a non-profit called City Year with his friend, Michael Brown.
City Year allowed young people to serve their communities--first in Boston, now in twenty cities across the
Published August 31st 2010 by PublicAffairs (first published April 13th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Being the Change, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Being the Change

Jack Korpob
Oct 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
This was taken from my personal blog.
-----
"Big Citizenship"

SEPTEMBER 26, 2010 BY JACK KORPOB

I feel like I’m back tracking in blog posts, but there’s a reason. I just didn’t have time to blog and wanted to wait until I finished reading Alan Khazei’s new book completely. Well, Alan Khazei held a book signing at City Year Boston/HQ on the evening of September 14th. So, I attended. His book, Big Citizenship, was released earlier, and I had already reached more than the halfway point in the book. At
Peter Kahn
This is a great book about social entrepreneurship and the impact service on people. There's a circle of innovation from private to public and back again. Khazie's model of collaboration, impactful action and service can have a big impact for private as well as public endeavors. The book has changed how I view management and what role I want to play in both spheres.
Hilda
Jun 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Very inspiring straight to the point read. It's something personal to me and even I found the writing to be dry at points. Good overall message.
Julie
Aug 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
ALAN KHAZEI IS MY HERO.

And he signed my copy at the Brookline Booksmith~!
Laura Roberts