Start by marking “The Deeper Christian Life” as Want to Read:
The Deeper Christian Life

The Deeper Christian Life

God intends you to have all the blessings of His storehouse, including His free favor, peace in the storms of life, and the power of the Holy Spirit. As your Christian walk is transformed into the happy way of life that God intends for you, you will have the desires of your heart and come to know the joy of God's presence.
Published July 1st 1995 by Whitaker Distribution

To ask other readers questions about The Deeper Christian Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Deeper Christian Life

Brenda
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is just SO good that it merits regular reading. (I need to get a paper copy!) His take on the prodigal son's older brother is an angle we don't usually think about. I don't fully agree with his theology of the Holy Spirit, but the overriding message of being in God's presence is one we all need to understand.
Maui Rochell
God is surely rejoicing the moment you accepted Him as your Lord and Saviour. But that's not the end of it, your journey with the Lord is just the beginning and it's going to be tough especially when you got used to living your old life. The moment you accept Christ, you are a new creation. God wants us to have a daily walk with Him. But it lies within our choice. Will you walk with Him? Are you going to let Him lead your life? Will you let the Holy Spirit work within you?

The Deeper Christian L
Olivia
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
This book may be little, but it is absolutely packed with life-changing truth. I feel I could read this book over and over and still sit back in awe at who our God is! My Christian life was truly deepened through this read.
Josh Morgan
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great little 19th century book on living the "with God" life and being filled with the Holy Spirit.
Phil
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I expect that you, like me, only read books that you hope to enjoy or learn from. If you write starred reviews of these books, then I would expect that you mostly give out three, four, or five stars. I hope, therefore, that you will excuse the frequency of my three and four star ratings. Five-star ratings, however, still owe us their apologies.

Most books, the vast undulating majority of them, are not worth reading. Those with two star ratings might be worth the slog if they contain something sp
Connie
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will reread and probably reread.
Olamide OPEYEMI
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In His mercy, God begins a good work in us at salvation, of which our willingness will either allow God to continue, until He is ALL in ALL, or hinder Him from working any further. Whatever maybe the state of your Christian life, it points to one of two things: 1) God is fully at work. 2) God is rarely at work.

God has offered us the fullness of Himself to us through Christ (Romans 8:32), it is now left for us to empty out ourselves, in order that this fullness can be our experience. And when it
Bob Traettino
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good book by Andrew Murray

Andrew Murray is my favorite preacher and author outside of the Bible. I did not find this book as good as some of his others, except the last chapter on Consecration. However, the chapter on Consecration is wonderful and very meaningful. So, I am glad I purchased and read this book.
Brad Bagley
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book is amazing. it's short and to the point, but so powerful. it gives practical steps for how to be filled with the holy spirit. upon hearing these steps I immediately began to apply them. it has brought peace to my days.
Isabel
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book talks about why we don't live an abundant life.
He also brings a new look to me of the prodigal son! This book also speaks about the carnal And the spiritual life in the Lord! I love most of his books, his books can also be heard in you tube!! would listen to it there, not a bad read!
Rick Owens
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some helpful thoughts and considerations from Andrew Murray.
Nahte
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Straight to the point. What a man of God! I love it. To be reread.
Stephanie Weare
It made some good points…
Kimmi Bailey
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

A must read for all Christian people. You will feel the spirit as you read. Andrew Murray knows his stuff. Praise God.

April Parrish
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is EXCELLENT!!! A deep read, but a great one if you are looking to strengthen your walk with the Lord. There's no fuss to the book whatsoever--no introduction, no foreword. And in the first chapter he jumps right in without any gradualness, no cute illustration or anything. I highly recommend this to the Christian who wants to improve their walk with the Lord--honestly and sincerely!!!
Erik&Melissa Salyer
I liked his other works much better than this one. I didn't agree totally or fully with some of the theology in the last two to chapters (7 & 8). I would recommend his books "Humility" and "Absolute Surrender" before this one.
Nancy Blanchard
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a deep read for anyone who wants to deepen their relationship with the Lord. Using the example of Peter Andrew Murray does a beautiful job of showing how a life can be changed and move forward in the process of coming into a deeper relationship with the Lord. I highly recommend it.
Blake Horton
Jan 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an awesome book! Every follower of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ should read this!
Victoria
Oct 30, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-list-2016
want a copy of this

September

via my Mom...Randomly chose off the shelf during reformation day practice at that church.
Read1000books
Jun 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: christian-living
Not quite as good as I had hoped it would be, but maybe it was just me.
Leila McGrath
Nov 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
What every Christian needs.
Karen van den Heever
Feb 26, 2017
Karen
Nov 06, 2011
Mompati Letsweletse
is a good book teaching how to walk with christ day by day
Rae Ramos
  • War on the Saints, The Full Text, Unabridged Edition
  • The Next Story: Life and Faith after the Digital Explosion
  • Reclaiming Adoption: Missional Living Through the Rediscovery of Abba Father
  • The Life and Diary of David Brainerd
  • A Third Testament: A Modern Pilgrim Explores the Spiritual Wanderings of Augustine, Blake, Pascal, Tolstoy, Bonhoeffer, Kierkegaard, and Dostoevsky
Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name. .

Murray was Born in Cape Town, South Africa, Murray became a noted missionary leader. His father was a Scottish Presbyterian serving the Dutch Reformed Church of South Africa, and his mother had connections with both French Huguenots and German Lutherans. This background to some extent explains his ecumenical s
“The manna of one day was corrupt when the next day came. I must every day have fresh grace from heaven, and I obtain it only in direct waiting upon God Himself. Begin each day by tarrying before God, and letting Him touch you. Take time to meet God.” 0 likes