Start by marking “Going For It” as Want to Read:
Going For It

Going For It

Before she leaves town, she’s going out with a bang...
Sam Taylor has lusted after ex-baseball-player Riley Scott for far too long. Now, her business bought out from under her, broke, and with nothing to lose, she refuses to leave town without getting the one thing she’s always wanted. Riley. In her bed.
Riley had the reputation as a player on and off the baseball field. He’
Published November 25th 2008 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Going For It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going For It

Auntee
Mar 21, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of quickie hot romances
This was a hot, extremely short (52 pages) friends-to-lovers story by the talented Ms. Kennedy. I don't know what it is about this author but I haven't been disappointed by her stories yet--they're easy to get involved in, I end up caring about the characters, and the love scenes are usually quite erotic. This one was a pretty quick read, and when I have an hour to kill or just don't feel like becoming involved in a longer book, I usually like to pick up an e-book like this.

Sam Taylor is a 26 yr
Shawna
May 22, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic contemporary romance quickies & playboy jock heroes
Recommended to Shawna by: Auntee's review
Mojca
Jul 29, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommended to Mojca by: review by Auntee
A hot, let me repeat that, HOT little short story. Maybe a little too hot with a little too little plot (I have no idea what I just typed).

I wish Ms. Kennedy would've expanded the whole deal a little, make it seem less like PWP. I still liked it, though. The two really had some chemistry going, and lots of time to make up for (two years, people!).

The heroine's reaction after learning the news surprised me, though. I would've smacked the bastard silly. And what was with him taking that long to go
Kelly_Instalove
Aug 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Kelly_Instalove by: 2008-11-25 - Samhain
Grade: C-

Starting new would be good for her. She hoped. But she had no intention of leaving town with regrets, and not jumping Riley’s bones would be the biggest regret of all.

The heroine has lost her family-legacy business and her apartment, forcing her impending move across the country to live in her sister’s basement. But no big deal — her most important priority is to get laid by a jock.

While I didn’t have much respect for the heroine or the hero (no spoilers!), the friends-to-lovers roman
Michelle K
Jul 31, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010-read
Cheney Stropus
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, quick read. Lots of sex in so few pages, but I'm not complaining! I liked both characters and felt they had pretty good chemistry. There was some tension knowing he was buying her bar, but very short lived, because the story was so short. Not much back story for either character, but just a nice glimpse into their lives right now.
Angela
Jul 25, 2011 marked it as tbr-lost-interest  ·  review of another edition
29 November 2015: $0.75 on Kindle
Marce
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it, but this is definitely too short :(
Maria
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was a good bite of a book!
Gabriela
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
10/2017 - 1.5 stars
Trish Bedroom Bookworms
Going For It by Elle Kennedy
I loved The Deal and The Mistake so much I was instantly in love with Elle Kennedy. I've re-read both of those books at least once each. So when I saw a new title by Elle Kennedy, I snapped it right up.
Now, I didn't realize it was a novella (really, more like a short story) so that was a less-than-pleasant shock. But that wasn't the problem.
I just didn't like it. At all. It's too much, too fast, too easy, too instant. I finished the whole story in under an hour an
Hannah
Feb 20, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ugh
Expected much more from Elle Kennedy given how much I loved the Off-Campus series, but I guess since this was published in 2002, it just goes to show how much her writing has improved.

Not worth reading unless you're a fan of insta-love, slut-shaming and a man's asshole-ish behaviour instantly being excused.
Kimberly
From the moment Riley Scott walked into her bar, Sam Taylor has wanted him. The problem is, from that moment and every moment since for the past two years, Riley has treated her like a friend and nothing more. But all that’s about to change. Forced to sell her bar, Sam is getting ready to pack up and leave Chicago. Before she goes, Sam is determined to seduce Riley.

Riley has been at loose ends ever since an injury lead to his early retirement from the White Sox. Turning Sam’s bar, the Diamond, i
Maura
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

Before she leaves town, she’s going out with a bang…

Riley had the reputation as a player on and off the baseball field. He’s wanted Sam for years, but valued her friendship too much to let sex ruin it. Now, after a forced retirement, he’s looking for
Ginger
Jan 18, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Equivalent of $2 on fast food to throw it away

I've never given something one star. I have always been able to find a redeeming quality about a book even if it wasn't for me. This is literally the worst book I have ever read. It was like when we were given the task to write short stories in grade school only if the teacher had told us all to write a sex story. There is no character development, no banter, no real backstory. The author hints at a backstory but then just BAM they fell in love two p
Crystal
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you're looking for a short, sexy, hot read this is it.

Sam Taylor has been running her families bar for the last five years in Chicago but has decided now she's ready to move on to big and better things in New York. But there's one last thing she needs to do. Riley Scott.

Riley Scott is a former pro baseball player who also played the field with women except for one, Sam. She's his best friend and hands off until she makes him a proposition. What's a guy to do? Take what she's offering and lo
Emily
Sam Taylor has three things left to do before she says goodbye to the bar that has been in her family and leaves for New York to start a new life. The biggest thing is to seduce ex-baseball star Riley Scott. For two yeas she has lusted after him, but not once has their blossoming friendship led to anything more, well she wants a send off she can remember and he is it.

Riley is stunned to find out that Sam has been waiting for two years to get him to bed, he knows he should tell her he bought the
Heather in FL
Megan's Picks For Today Blog
Sam- Sweet, Smart, beautiful, funny and real woman. Riley- Womanizer; Never one for commitment. Deep down a sweetheart. He is Drop dead gorgeous and has panty dropping charm. I easily enjoyed this book. I'm a sucker for sweet romance and it won me over. I'm also a sucker for bad boys and players. First off, love the steamy sex scenes and hilarious comebacks. The drama unfolds and shit got real. The ending is a sweet surprise and i love how it ended. Finally the anticipation is over and I'm glad ...more
Beate
Apr 26, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: athletes, romance
A quickie of a story. It was cute, not enough time to develop the characters or give a really good backstory. The plot wasn't best one I've read, but it's a story you can quickly finish on the commute to work in the AM.

I marked it as 'athletes', but the main male characters is an 'ex-athlete' and it's only briefly mentioned what he used to do and why he quit.

Could easily have been expanded to a bigger story.
Limecello
Jan 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I liked this book, but I had an are you fucking KIDDING me?? moment when they ... have their happy ending in NY?

[I mean that's not a spoiler cuz hello romance]
But ... the whole "hey no talking - OMG WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME" made me roll my eyes ... and in fact again just now as I was typing this.

Sexy read, fun, but the hero is basically a presumptuous selfish ass for a lot of it. He doesn't deserve the heroine, lucky bastard for his sake.

C
Jennifer  E
I really hate novellas. Yes, I know it's a quick read and quick reads can be great but usually they just leave me unfulfilled.

I think had the story been longer I might have loved it. Perhaps not since dude was a douche. He may have been a former baseball player that is totally hot but he's a douche.

I thought the pace was great. The steam factor was awesome and it had a HEA. I don't regret reading it since I am a fan of Elle Kennedy's books.

...
Apr 19, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
Not my favorite of Elle's books, but I did enjoy this one. I really liked Sam's character, and while I wanted to like Riley, I just couldn't get behind him buying out the bar from under her, especially given some of the feelings that come up in the book. It made him seem insincere.

This was a quick, fun read, though nothing earth shattering.
Joss
Jan 22, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
JennieWren17
This was a seriously short story, not really worth the money I paid for it. It was too short to get a feel for the characters and too short to give any substantial story. If you get it for free then sure read it, otherwise...save your money.
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]

Hot.Short.but Enjoying

i just finished this book and it only took me about less than a hour to read. hhmmm lets see, for me its just one of the common erotic novels, but i really enjoy reading it becoz of the characters and i love happy endings =)

ill give 3.5 for that. =) ciao
Kim
Nov 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Eh. Too short for their relationship to feel at all plausible, especially after how good of friends they're supposed to be and skeevy think he hid. Also, manwhore - have sense and use condoms religiously.
Shelly
Mar 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great steamy little novella...
Laura's Book Addiction
Oct 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008
Really enjoyed just wished it had been longer.

• Forbidden Fruit
  • Sweet Caroline (Blue Jeans and Hard Hats #1)
  • Between a Ridge and a Hard Place
  • Old Enough to Know Better
  • Boys of Summer
  • Unraveled
  • Men On Fire
  • Her Cinderella Complex
  • Hard and Fast
  • His Black Sheep Bride (Aristocratic Grooms, #1)
  • Kissing Cowboy (Men of S.W.A.T., #3)
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • Rough Stock: a red hot menage with cowboys
  • Power Play
  • Desert Rogues Part 2
  • Heat Wave: Rex on the Beach/Getting Into Trouble/Shaken and Stirred
  • Your Mouth Drives Me Crazy (Men of Hawaii #1)
  • Down In Texas
A New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, Elle Kennedy grew up in the suburbs of Toronto, Ontario, and holds a B.A. in English from York University. From an early age, she knew she wanted to be a writer, and actively began pursuing that dream when she was a teenager.

Elle currently writes for various publishers. She loves strong heroines and sexy alpha heroes, and just