Start by marking “Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Ultimate Guide” as Want to Read:
Percy Jackson & the Olympians:  The Ultimate Guide

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Ultimate Guide (Percy Jackson and the Olympians companion book)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  14,833 Ratings  ·  449 Reviews
It's the handbook no half-blood should be without: a fully illustrated, in-depth guide to gods, monsters, and all things Percy. This novelty companion to the best-selling series comes complete with trading cards, full-color diagrams, and maps, all packaged in a handy, "manual-size" POB with a crisp, magnetic flap enclosure.
Published January 18th 2010 by Disney-Hyperion Books

To ask other readers questions about Percy Jackson & the Olympians, please sign up.

Serena You can't read a book for free from the Goodreads site or buy directly from them. You can read what users put up, but the copyright of the books…moreYou can't read a book for free from the Goodreads site or buy directly from them. You can read what users put up, but the copyright of the books shouldn't be violated. This is largely a tool for readers to use to communicate with authors and each other (in groups) and browse what books are available world wide.(less)
Serena You can't borrow a book directly from the Goodreads site.

Juliana Zapata
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
No entiendo porque me demoré una eternidad en leer un libro tan corto y que además esta lleno de imágenes y de juegos. Diré que simplemente me entretenía con otras cosas y olvidaba que estaba leyendo este libro como "entre-lecturas"

El caso es que para los fans de Percy Jackson (como yo) este es un libro super cool, tienes mucha información sobre el campamento mestizo, ilustraciones sobre los lugares y los personajes, y además puedes hacer un tes para saber quien es tu padre divino (El mío es Zeu
Dorothy
Jun 26, 2011 rated it liked it
The Ultimate Guide is a good book for Percy Jackson fans, but you can get a little bored of it. It's packed with information about Percy, Annabeth, Grover, and even monsters he fought! I liked that you could take a quiz about who your god parent would be, but I didn't like that the Ultimate Guide has a whole section about Percy's "background". It took up a lot of the book, and most of that information is in the first book. On the positive side, I really like the pictures in the book, and I like ...more
Amelia, the pragmatic idealist
Eeeeek!! This guide is amazing! And yay to the bookstore for going ahead and putting it on the shelf, even though it's not the 18th...
And hey, what's this---a BLONDE Annabeth?!?!? What a concept!
Great illustrations, great bits of info... You've outdone yourself again, Mr. Riordan!!
Kole Soto
Dec 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
A nice over all book. The only problem is that I just feel they tried to stretch out the subject too much.Let's go over traits that I did like and then talk about diction,literary elements, and Opinions.
The book was a nice edition to anybody who was just catching up to the Percy Jackson series. They may have missed some parts, but this book has it all.It describes all the characters Percy comes in contact with, that were made before this book, good or bad. Rick Riordan makes me proud to be on
Leona  Carstairs
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: siblings-own
I love PJO but this guide just wasn't for me. Not too big of a fan of the illustrations. It was simply ok.
Ashley
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Do you ever wish you were 13 (or whatever age) again and you were rediscovering Percy Jackson for the first time? Yeah, me too.
Haley.L.
Mar 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
" Not as good as expected. It is only 148 pages. And gives very short amount of details and not very accurate. One page 112, the puzzle has two different ways(the way I found is much easier.)to solve. I do like the holograms on the cover and the trading cards(if they are not stolen). I am not a big fan of the pictures. No offense to Antonio Caparo, you are a great artist but the pictures are not what I imagined. (especially annabeth)And the Cabins I'm extremely disappointed about. They are defin ...more
Kendall Anne
Jan 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
Percy Jackson fans will not be disappointed with the newest book from Rick Riordan!!!
Beautiful illustrations, cute quotes, interesting facts and more is what awaits you in this creative book!! Brimming over the top with Greek mythology, with book is a must!!!!
Reagan Townley
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Enjoyable, informative, and made me realize how much I want to read all of the books again!
Karina
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
You would definitely love this if you're really into Percy Jackson, there's literally EVERYTHING you need to know in this book. The only thing which puts me down about this book are the drawings!!
Nandita Bhowmik
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is meant to be read after reading the whole Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. The series is great! The series is about the survival of demigods in the world (Greek mythology). The demigods have to face the evil power Titans as well as monsters. The main character of this series is Percy Jackson at which he has to face problems and the Great prophecy to save the camp and Mount Olympus.

In this book it has cards with the pictures and facts on the following characters: Hestia, Hyper
ʙ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ [ia] ᴄ
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, lovers
Second Time Read (March 2016):
Song: You Can't Buy Fame from Lost and Found (view spoiler)
Fav Character: Percy duh
Ship: Pernico
Fav Part: the part when i was a godly parent of my godly parents duh

I legit got the same results from the quizzes as i did last time i read it TWO YEARS AGO. Does that mean there's a problem with the book, or with me?...

(view spoiler)
Christopher
Mar 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, read-to-may
So May has been on a mythology and cryptozoology kick. Her grandmother bought her The Lightning Thief and this book for Christmas. We thought we'd hold off on the Percy Jackson books for a little while since they are aimed for an older set of kids.

However, after reading D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths, May grabbed this book and demanded we read it to her. It took a little bit of explaining that it was a guide to a series of modern stories (she isn't buying the picture of Poseidon in a Hawaiian s
Sam :)
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Percy Jackson fans
Shelves: not-a-novel, 4-stars
Rating: 3.5 stars

A fun look back at the Percy Jackson and the Olympians world. I myself am a huge Greek mythology nerd, so I kinda missed all the juicy details and stories about the Greek gods that make them so interesting. Great little guide, though!

One more thing: can we talk about the art? As a proud member of the PJ fandom, I can confidently say that the fan art some people (viria, etc) is much, much better and would represent the fandom awesomely! Okay, sorry. Rant over.
Featherberry
Apr 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book was awesome. I loved the holograms (I'm still playing with them, haha) and the pictures were great. Percy sort of looked ugly (no offence) but I loved how Poseidon and Zeus looked.

Chiron's Guide to Who's Who didn't really cover many Gods, but it was still interesting

I liked the idea of Percy's Camp Half-Blood schedule and the quizzes to find out who's your Olympian parent

It's not really a book but all the same, the cover was excellent, and I loved the trading cards

Well worth the 13 buc
Alyssa
Dec 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
A nice little guide to accompany the Percy Jackson series. I liked the little character cards, and was cute and unique. I liked the little back stories in the book, but some of it was repetitive as it was already included within the book itself and also within the series. You don't really have to read this to understand the series, but if you want further reading of the Greek Gods from the Percy Jackson series I would recommend the guide to read.
McKenna
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Percy Jackson and the Olympians is a very informative book about Percy Jackson, his friends, and his family. You will get a little background info on Percy's younger life, info on the Olympians, and much more! This book was not particularly humorous like most of Rick's books, but it was still entertaining and I will probably read it again. I recommend this book to anyone in fifth grade and above.
Kristi
Feb 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute little informational book about the PJO world. I do wish it had had more thorough files on some of the secondary characters and I missed the short stories that the other side books had had. Overall, it didn't give me much more information than the books had, but it was nice to see things like the bestiary all together and that sort of thing.
Anastasia
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Precioso libro. La edición, el arte que contenía, bellísimo.
Buenísimo para recordar alguna que otra cosilla esencial para poder empezar bien con Los Héroes del Olimpo.

Hermoso <3

description
Lynette ~ Escaping Reality – One Book at a Time ~
May 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Any Percy Jackson fans.
This book was great! It gives in-depth drawings and information about the characters, and in short, is a must-own for those die-hard Percy Jackson fans out there.

Now, one thing I've never been sure about is, who really wrote this book?
In the book it says it was written by Mary-Jane Knight, but lots of people think otherwise.
Isabella Marie
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have really enjoyed reading this book even though it is all facts and not a story. The pictures along the front of a cover change depending on which angle you look at. The book has lovely illustrations & quizzes inside & is competed with trading cards! I definitely recommend checking it out
Melissa
Jan 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Great companion to the Percy Jackson books! I loved the artwork and the way everything was presented. VERY well done. My only complaint is that I would have liked to see more pictures. I wish there had been a drawing for every one of the monsters, not just some of them.
Nessrine
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mythologies
I like this cute little addition, it kind of puts it all together, sums up things.
Also the cover is very, uhm, captivating (in case you're wondering it opens like, like a purse? and images switch too)
Ashley Logan
Oct 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Very cute little side book to tell you about the Greek mythology of the book. However, it didn't tell me anything I had already looked up for myself while reading the series. But it is a good book for kids who might not know anything about Greek mythology.
Amy
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
love it!!
ϟEvelynϟ
Mar 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I liked it because I found out a lot about Percy! It was funny, informative, and handy! I pulled it out whenever I needed some info, and voila! Very cool book. Truly an ULTIMATE GUIDE! ~Evelyn
Valeria Navarro
Mar 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
If you have read the books, this isnt new info but its still a good book
I mean
Its percy jackson
Brittany Walker (NekosBooks)
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very organized and detailed guide to pretty much everything and everyone that appeared in the Percy Jackson and the Olympian series.
Diandra Fernandes
05/10/2014 100% (148 de 148)
"Um verdadeiro resumão de PJO, nada de realmente novo, ótimas ilustrações e bem resumido. Gostei"
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Cute companion, and a fast way to revisit the series. But nothing to write home about.
Bookreads :): PJO: The Ultimate Guide 1 3 Jan 10, 2016 03:10PM
The Nooks of Books: Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Ultimate Guide 7 18 Apr 23, 2015 02:43PM
YA Book Gang!!: Percy Jackson Buddy Read 8 22 Jan 23, 2014 02:33PM
Support for the remaining Percy Jackson movies 1 3 Oct 25, 2013 03:57PM
My Views on Sea of Monsters explained 1 2 Jul 27, 2013 05:07PM
All Things Rick R...: The Ultimate Guide 412 55 Apr 27, 2013 08:52AM
  • The Kane Chronicles Survival Guide
  • The Black Book of Buried Secrets
  • Percy Jackson
  • Mythology (Ologies, #5)
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians: List of Percy Jackson and the Olympians Characters
  • Tales of the Greek Heroes: Retold From the Ancient Authors
  • Eragon's Guide to Alagaesia

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
  • The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)
“A hero can go anywhere, challenge anyone, as long as he has the nerve.” 180 likes
“The name says it all. That's where Dad (Hades) tries out his new punishment ideas, but he says the traditional ones still work best: the lava flows, the minefields full of exploding surprises, burning at the stake, running naked through cactus patches... You name it, we've got it here - Nico di Angelo” 95 likes